Lebron James will Eventually Average a Triple-Double before he Retires...

..and I say this with no fear. I said this 4 years ago and he's well on his way there..

Duke is averaging a sick 29.4 pts, 7.20 rebounds and 8.0 assists a game right now!
eek.gif

Now let me elaborate.

He is averaging close to 30 points a game along with 8 assists. If he chooses to reduce his points by 5 or 6 points, he can easily equivalently turn those 5 or 6 points into 2 or 3 more assists.

Now hypothetically- lets say he averages 24ppg, 10apg with 8 rebounds right now. Two rebounds shy of a triple double. Only thing seperating him from those two more rebounds, would be about 4 or 5 more minutes per game. Right now, he's averaging 38.5 minutes a game, a difference of exactly 4 minutes from 2005-2006 (42.5mpg average).

If he manages to play 4 or 5 minutes more a game, he can easily acquire those 2 or 3 more rebounds and translate that into.....

..a Triple Double per game. Discuss.

I didn't need that stat breakdown to tell me this, if anyone is going to do it in the foreseeable future, it's going to be Lebron.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Great post. Compelling, and rich.

Another guy that could do it (okay not really).

rondo-restricted-fa.jpg

I doubt it
laugh.gif
but I think he'll have career averages similar to Jason Kidd's.... but we shall see after the Big 3 moves on
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Now hypothetically- lets say he averages 24ppg, 10apg with 8 rebounds right now. Two rebounds shy of a triple double. Only thing seperating him from those two more rebounds, would be about 4 or 5 more minutes per game. Right now, he's averaging 38.5 minutes a game, a difference of exactly 4 minutes from 2005-2006 (42.5mpg average).

If he manages to play 4 or 5 minutes more a game, he can easily acquire those 2 or 3 more rebounds
That math isn't right. He would need to average about 9 more minutes (play just about the whole game) to get to 10 rebounds.

Originally Posted by BangDak

In a knicks uniform, of course he will.
laugh.gif

i kid, i kid.
I know Cavs fans are tired of hearing it
laugh.gif
, but I've been saying ever since he was drafted if he ever played in D'antoni's system he will avg a triple double. I think he could avg 40 in that system to be honest.

rondo-restricted-fa.jpg

I agree. With 14ppg, 10apg and nearly 5rpg - it doesn't seem to far-fetched. Only thing holding him back would be his size.

Add 4 or 5 more inches to Rondo's height, he would nearly be J.Kidd in his prime..
Rondo has had big rebounding games. He just needs to stay consistently active on the boards and he'll be right there.

rondo-restricted-fa.jpg

I agree. With 14ppg, 10apg and nearly 5rpg - it doesn't seem to far-fetched. Only thing holding him back would be his size.

Add 4 or 5 more inches to Rondo's height, he would nearly be J.Kidd in his prime..

It's possible.. Put Lebron on a good team where he doesn't have to do everything. He'll average 4 or 5 less points and can get 2 more assists easily.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

If he manages to play 4 or 5 minutes more a game, he can easily acquire those 2 or 3 more rebounds
That math isn't right. He would need to average about 9 more minutes (play just about the whole game) to get to 10 rebounds.

Nah I think it would be about right because him shooting less would equate to his teammates shooting more and more oppurtunities of him being in rebound position

Originally Posted by play2much2004

LamarOwnsem said:

Nah I think it would be about right because him shooting less would equate to his teammates shooting more and more oppurtunities of him being in rebound position

but to actually break it down we would have to do it by amount of possesions verses turnovers and shooting percentages and all types of mess...not worth it I rather just watch the game

Animal Thug1539 wrote:

Well that is the compelling part, we can't call it. Because in 07-08, while averaging 40.4 minutes a game (2 shy of what i stated in my original post) - he literally averaged 8rpg.

So in that case, 2 or 3 more minutes could allow him to acquire 2 or 3 more rebounds a game..

Guys, just PM OKB and you'll find out. dude would break it down for you with the unrealist statistical stuff.

Animal Thug1539 wrote:

Well that is the compelling part, we can't call it. Because in 07-08, while averaging 40.4 minutes a game (2 shy of what i stated in my original post) - he literally averaged 8rpg.

So in that case, 2 or 3 more minutes could allow him to acquire 2 or 3 more rebounds a game..

So as Lebron ages, you want him to average 42-44 minutes a game.  And just because he'll play 2 or 3 more minutes a game,  he'll increase his rebounding totals by 2-3 a game?

Let me guess, are you a product of Cleveland's public school system.

He needs to play on a higher tempo team, they have the 26th slowest tempo in the league.

If he played for Golden State he would average around 8 rebounds and 8 assists,  but most importantly he would need to be a full time point guard.

Back
Top Bottom