Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Nobody cared about shoes like people do now back then. Shoes now are a dine a dozen so nothing released now can compare to a shoes that "changed the game" and pushed the boundaries. Nothing about the Kenton 11 is iconic. It's just this years plastic shoe that lebron himself barley wears. It'll be lost in the shuffle with everything else

I did! Many other did as well. Hence the birth of NT. We didn't have the Internet growing up for the most part. Also I had 3 other siblings so I definitely was getting Jordans back then but I admired from afar got my job at 16 and bought what I liked. For every dope shoe you wear trust me there is some little kid wishing he had that shoe. Smh blasphemy!

Last edited:
problem with the 9 elites is the chipping of the swoosh, the problem with the X were the cracking of the "carbon fiber" plastic shield...either way they were more superior than this year's elites

sounds a little like what I said. I can't speak for every region/area but I do remember old heads complaining about shiny plastic and all my classmates (middle school) was going ham over them. They kept getting better and better. Carolina Tarheel fan btw lol. But yeah you just validated my response

When they released, I had just gotten outta high school as did a lot of my friends. We had been buying shoes for years (my first pair was the white/red 4s). What i was trying to get across was that there was really no "shoeheads" back then... Parents didnt like the patent leather and price, while MJ fans loved the shoe... even tho the Bulls lost to Orlando when MJ debuted them in the playoffs.

It wasn't about oldheads or youngheads... it was about who could afford them. And i grew up watching Sleepy Sam, Worthy, McAdoo, Kenny Smith, Daugherty (white and black), MJ and all the UNC crew too. All about the Tarheels :smokin

I did! Many other did as well. Hence the birth of NT. We didn't have the Internet growing up for the most part. Also I had 3 other siblings so I definitely was getting Jordans back then but I admired from afar got my job at 16 and bought what I liked. For every dope shoe you wear trust me there is some little kid wishing he had that shoe. Smh blasphemy!

Yes people bought and liked them, myself included, but nobody was taking shoe selfie pics, buying multiple pairs, buying to sell, buying to collect, ect... People bought to ball or rock till they fell apart. The number of people who bought Jordan's and high prices nikes were MUCH smaller than now.

When shoes hit 300 retail, I'm out. Game over. I don't care what the reasoning i
Wondering if this would be the case if Nike decided to drop Space Jams, Columbias, SB9s, for 300? You wont buy any new designs for that amount but most people would kill over some retros at that level.

It's funny how much the elite 11 looks like the 9. Sales/Hype on the 11s was far from what Nike expected and this is their attempt to save it.

Yes people bought and liked them, myself included, but nobody was taking shoe selfie pics, buying multiple pairs, buying to sell, buying to collect, ect... People bought to ball or rock till they fell apart. The number of people who bought Jordan's and high prices nikes were MUCH smaller than now.
THIS!i balled in every pair of jordan xi till they fell apart, lol now u got kids going crazy if u wear them in water!...time has changed big time.

Wondering if this would be the case if Nike decided to drop Space Jams, Columbias, SB9s, for 300? You wont buy any new designs for that amount but most people would kill over some retros at that level.

My magic number for not buying is 160 retail. I don't care what they come out with, I'm good. I get more use out of 100 dollar free runs than I do 180 retro Jordan's

not trying to get in a history match but social media wasn't readily available for the masses and cell phones were car phones or phones in a bag. Sheesh I think like the first camera phone didn't come out til like 02 or 03. I remember the color phone being released then the camera phone. But the technology and the access to celebrities such as wale or whom ever is a sneaker head today has attributed to the love affair with sneakers.

to be fair i feel its all down to if you PERSONALLY like the design.... cause its proven that people would be willing to pay near $300 just to pre-order a shoe. I personal think the design is ok, if i see a colour i like in the elite i will cop IF the money is at hand at the time.... end the day if you have the money and you like it buy it, if you dont have the money then count it as a L and keep it moving dont stress its just a shoe life moves on.

Does anybody have any quality issues? Cause I'm looking at my pair now and it has a whole bunch of glue marks.

got lucky and heard the fed ex man knock
Maybe the weather slowed down his ability to run back to the van 
laugh.gif

People don't even buy shoes for the design anymore, they buy them for the colors. Throw on SB or yeezy color way on a garbage shoe, hype it up, and it'll sell.

"300? Naw........... South beach you say? Hmmmm insta cop!"

:smh:

My magic number for not buying is 160 retail. I don't care what they come out with, I'm good. I get more use out of 100 dollar free runs than I do 180 retro Jordan's
So.....do you have any Lebron 11s and ..if so..have you purchased any of them for 160??? Seems kinda crazy to say that on a thread for a shoe that is set at a 200-220 price point.

People don't even buy shoes for the design anymore, they buy them for the colors. Throw on SB or yeezy color way on a garbage shoe, hype it up, and it'll sell.

"300? Naw........... South beach you say? Hmmmm insta cop!"

:smh:

this is pretty much true

Back
Top Bottom