Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I hated all the other lebron models 1 thru 10. They were just plain to me. When the 11 came out i was in love. This is one of them shoes that you can wear 10 years from now and people will be like hey, did those just come out?

the power of the posite....

All elites will hit outlets 
tired.gif
This my thing, wouldn't the smart thing to do on Nike's part would be to just adjust the MSRP? Every year these sit, are marked down, and shipped to outlets. Why set the price-point so high, when the data suggests that hardly anyone is willing to pay retail.

Maybe the few people that do purchase for retail make it worth it. *Shrug*

I would not equate best selling to success. The LBJ 11's cost more to produce, due to the materials. So Nike has gone full GR mode on the 11 and the hype has suffered as a result. I have never been a fan of the 11, but I know several LeBron enthusiasts who loved the 7's, 8's, 9's, 10's and not these. I mean plenty. To each his own. But all the feedback I get from most people is they are disappointed in this model.
XI> Xs

not better than the IX tho

never really like any of the lebrons until the XI as well...

although i do have the soldier iv's and i love those

Save what? This is their best selling Lebron shoe so far.

I would not equate best selling to success. The LBJ 11's cost more to produce, due to the materials. So Nike has gone full GR mode on the 11 and the hype has suffered as a result. I have never been a fan of the 11, but I know several LeBron enthusiasts who loved the 7's, 8's, 9's, 10's and not these. I mean plenty. To each his own. But all the feedback I get from most people is they are disappointed in this model.

who told you that lie tho?

the price goes up because of nikes desire to maximize profits. that's why ALL of the signature shoes keep going up. bron's price is probably up there because of his mammoth contract he has.

which census did you hold to determine "most" people?

none of this makes sense. its when people were trying to justify the price increase for the elite line when nike first dropped it for the IXs.... well they cost $70 more because they had to put in more work for them.... :x

Last edited:
Regular 11s retail for $200 - $220. Elites are $300. EXTs will probably be $280 or also $300.

And Y'all still missing the big picture.

How much do you think the 12s are gonna' retail for? Like when is the price increase ENOUGH?! I never thought I'd see the day when dropping $300 for one shoe is acceptable & it's NOT to me. Yeah I have the means & income to drop that cash but why should I have to?

Don't be surprised if the 11s are my swan song from Nike Basketball. Their greed is sickening. :smh:

Last edited:
Regular 11s retail for $200 - $220. Elites are $300. EXTs will probably be $280 or also $300.

And Y'all still missing the big picture.

How much do you think the 12s are gonna' retail for? Like when is the price increase ENOUGH?! I never thought I'd see the day when dropping $300 for one shoe is acceptable & it's NOT to me. Yeah I have the means & income to drop that cash but why should I have to?

Don't be surprised if the 11s are my swan song from Nike Basketball. Their greed is sickening. :smh:

when sneakermane is saying peace to the bron line.... that when stuff gets real :nerd:

I hated all the other lebron models 1 thru 10. They were just plain to me. When the 11 came out i was in love. This is one of them shoes that you can wear 10 years from now and people will be like hey, did those just come out?
This.

I haven't been a fan of the Lebron line up till this point. I did like the 9s, but other than that, they've just been meh to me.

When the photos of the 11s first came out, I instantly liked the shoe. The design, and especially the KP cw was unique and just dope. Now on the flipside, my cousin, a longtime Lebron sig lover, absolutely hates these shoes and doesn't have one pair. These are just polarizing. You either like them or not, there's not really an overall consensus.

the price goes up because of nikes desire to maximize profits. that's why ALL of the signature shoes keep going up. bron's price is probably up there because of his mammoth contract he has.

none of this makes sense. its when people were trying to justify the price increase for the elite line when nike first dropped it for the IXs.... well they cost $70 more because they had to put in more work for them.... :x

It's Gator passing his 'info'/speculation as fact once again. :x

That's not a lie, it's fact. Armor-Posite material, which is a foamposite based material, isnt cheap. It's definitely not as cheap as hyperfuse. The most expensive shoe nike produces is the foamposite, the molds on those are very expesive.

Most people? I am a Miami Heat fan and I live in Tampa, the hype down here for these doesn't exist. The love for them doesn't exist. Most people in love with this shoe, seem to be new to the LeBron line. Could be wrong, just seems that way.

Last edited:
So you're using one section of one state of the country to determine your findings for the feelings on the XI model?

Alright, man.....

That's not a lie, it's fact. Armor-Posite material, which is a foamposite based material, isnt cheap. It's definitely not as cheap as hyperfuse. The most expensive shoe nike produces is the foamposite, the molds on those are very expesive.

Most people? I am a Miami Heat fan and I live in Tampa, the hype down here for these doesn't exist. The love for them doesn't exist. Most people in love with this shoe, seem to be new to the LeBron line. Could be wrong, just seems that way.

keep making yourself believe that. that's why the LeBron X was only $20 cheaper last year and the IX was $10 cheaper than the X which used similar materials.

So you're using one section of one state of the country to determine your findings for the feelings on the XI model?

Alright, man.....

You have never been to University Mall in Tampa for a hyped LeBron release. We get the most love in the country for LeBrons. Every person I know down there is disappointed in this model for the most part. This is opinion based, of course. But we're in the heart of LBJ country and these aren't selling like the X's or the IX's around here.

keep making yourself believe that. that's why the LeBron X was only $20 cheaper last year and the IX was $10 cheaper than the X which used similar materials.

Why are you taking such offense to this? I have the first 3 LeBron models sitting above my desk at home. Tampa gets probably the most LBJ love around. The hype is not there. The desire for these is not there. The only thing that will change that is the EXT models. That's it.

Last edited:
when sneakermane is saying peace to the bron line.... that when stuff gets real :nerd:

Copping Summit Lakes next month to bring my grand total to 9. That's will be it for me. I wanted King's Crowns but the retail on those will be absurd because it's an EXT.

I know a few heads that already stopped supporting Nike Basketball for the same reason. $300 for a shoe?! Really thou?! :rofl:

Nikes greed will be their own undoing.

Why are you taking such offense to this? I have the first 3 LeBron models sitting above my desk at home. I live in the heart of LBJ country. The hype is not there. The desire for these is not there. The only thing that will change that is the EXT models. That's it.

because you are full of it and you are passing opinions and lack of knowledge as fact.

Miami is not the heart of LeBron country... they are a group of casual fans that at the very least jumped on board for the LeBron 8s and above... SEE GAME 6 of the FINALS...

Last edited:
No, you're just new to the LeBron game, I forgive you.

Armor-Posite costs substantially more to produce than hyperfuse. Molds are not cheap.

For the same reason we haven't seen a limited Foam, is the same reason we haven't seen a limited LeBron 11. EXTs will change that.

No, you're just new to the LeBron game, I forgive you.

Armor-Posite costs substantially more to produce than hyperfuse. Molds are not cheap.

again... passing off bs as fact... tell me how im new? tell me how armor-posite has anything to do with being "new" to the LeBron game? tell me more about these "molds."

For the same reason we haven't seen a limited Foam, is the same reason we haven't seen a limited LeBron 11. EXTs will change that.

galaxy, db, paranorman, 09 hoh, 08 hoh royal, dark army, Oregon, volts, etc....

Foamposite molds are crazy expensive, I read a 5 or 6 page detailed article on the price. It's nuts. I don't wanna give a quote, because it was high and I can't exactly remember it. But Nike has to mass produce foamposites to make up for the cost of the production. That's another reason they cost more now.

The Armor-Posite molds are next in line.

but this isn't the first time nike has used foamposite material on brons... but im new tho

nike-zoom-lebron-4-iv-black-white.png

And nike has incorporated foamposite on shoes like Melo's line too without seeing that crazy price increase. Foamposite material is nothing new.

Last edited:
Foamposite molds are crazy expensive, I read a 5 or 6 page detailed article on the price. It's nuts. I don't wanna give a quote, because it was high and I can't exactly remember it. But Nike has to mass produce foamposites to make up for the cost of the production. That's another reason they cost more now.

The Armor-Posite molds are next in line.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom