Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
DB foams are not "limited", DB releases are actually decent numbers, but hype surpasses that. The last limited foam to release in stores was the Galaxy. Truly, limited.

I can't think of another LBJ model with a posite based mold on it. Correct me if I am wrong. There is a reason why fake foamposites look and feel so fake. They dont have the proper technology nike uses to get the final result.

DB foams are not "limited", DB releases are actually decent numbers, but hype surpasses that. The last limited foam to release in stores was the Galaxy. Truly, limited.

I can't think of another LBJ model with a posite based mold on it. Correct me if I am wrong. There is a reason why fake foamposites look and feel so fake. They dont have the proper technology nike uses to get the final result.

but im new? the LeBron IV was his first foam based shoe.... but im new to the LeBron line...

I gave you a list of limited foams. Paranormans and the 08 hoh royals were by far the most limited.... BUT YOU SAID NO LIMITED FOAM HAS RELEASE tho.....

SMH I WISH NIKE HAD THE REAL FOAMB MOLDS

YALL REALLY BUYING THIS MOLDS ARE EXPENSIVE CRAP.

WOULDA BELIEVED IT IN 97

WHEN FOAMBS WERE DOPE.

FOAMBS SERVED ONE PURPOSE FOR ME IN MY LIFETIME. 

FRIEND WON ME PARANORMANS. I FLIPPED. THE END.

but im new? the LeBron IV was his first foam based shoe.... but im new to the LeBron line...

I gave you a list of limited foams. Paranormans and the 08 hoh royals were by far the most limited.... BUT YOU SAID NO LIMITED FOAM HAS RELEASE tho.....

You're grasping at straws here, buddy.

The 9 wasn't made in a mold machine. Paranormans were had through a CONTEST and 08 Royals were released in ....08. Isn't relevant to today's market.

i'm always the last to get my shoes in from NDC lol never understand why I always get Thursday or Friday

are you guys using different shipping than the free shipping?

Gator Kings are looking great, I may have to keep him seperated from my X ASGs, those two might fight........but the Gator King will rough him up something fierce

Bigj u wasting ur time with him lmao. I messed with brons since the azgs, bought multiples, were my go to hoop shoe that year. Ditto on the 2s, 3s. 4s got me out of the line. I got a 6 for hoop but they were weak. Got a 9 and X. 11s probably my favorite model.

Also I don't see how Tampa gets the most LBJ love when University is the only mall that gets non GRs and they sell out quick. Tampa sucks imo

Again we have no one to blame but ourselves for this vehement price gouging by nike over Lebron's shoe.

When the Lebron IX Elites dropped with a $250 price tag and dropped in that damn South Beachesque colorway and flew off the shelves Nike saw the blood in the water.

We sit here and complain about this crazy price increase on shoes year after year yet still we buy. I understand desire as much as the next man but enough has to be enough at some point. Reaching the $300 price point on a pair of sneakers is beyond ridiculous.

No shoe no matter the tech is worth that much, i'm sorry. If the Elites will indeed be close to the $300 you will see me hall pass all of them until they go on a heavy discount.

And the sad fact is that if nike throws that elusive "limited" or QS tag on it they will unfortunately sell.

at this point all I have to say is

View media item 813065

Last edited:

You're grasping at straws here, buddy.

The 9 wasn't made in a mold machine. Paranormans were had through a CONTEST and 08 Royals were released in ....08. Isn't relevant to today's market.

IV = 9?

you know what... with that.... you are 100% correct. you're magazine logic is flawless. you da man.

regardless of what people want to see, the price increase isn't because of materials, inflation (it isn't the 80s anymore, old heads) or technology. it's demand, plain and simple. people are paying these prices from resellers, and nike sees the opportunity to capitalize upon that. they'd be dumb not too. you can attribute it to anything else you'd like, but nike is the supplier slowly cutting out the middleman to increase profit margins.

Sun shining a little in Nashville today.

Figured I'd wear em and let em charge!

Then I decided to have a photo shoot.

Waiting on gator kings from NDC, and ups says it has stopped moving due to weather conditions .... It's extra sunny in dc, and I'm sure it's sunny in landover, md smh

The whole point of my price arugment, isn't based on the price of the shoe. It's based on the cost of production, which is higher on these. Thus, more pairs are made to make up for the cost of the molds.

Nike never holds true to their price point vs cost of production. Just look at the prelude 8's.

Nike is the same company that slaps Nike Air on a shoe and marks it up $40, so we all know better...

Posite has been around almost 20 years, they've figured out plenty of ways to keep the cost down at this point. At the end of the end the Swoosh is still getting us, so you either live with or or stop copping.

regardless of what people want to see, the price increase isn't because of materials, inflation (it isn't the 80s anymore, old heads) or technology. it's demand, plain and simple. people are paying these prices from resellers, and nike sees the opportunity to capitalize upon that. they'd be dumb not too. you can attribute it to anything else you'd like, but nike is the supplier slowly cutting out the middleman to increase profit margins.
Don't think you can totally discount inflation, but you make a good point. If people just let releases go, there is no way Nike could justify raising the price of sneakers each year by so much.

It's true about supply and demand. Remember when the 17s came out and retailed for $200? Them joints sat. I scooped them for $99 from an outlet. And them joints came with a metal brief case, lace covers, and the lace adjuster. Now, these same shoes are going for $400-$500 on ebay. Madness.

The whole point of my price arugment, isn't based on the price of the shoe. It's based on the cost of production, which is higher on these. Thus, more pairs are made to make up for the cost of the molds.

Nike never holds true to their price point vs cost of production. Just look at the prelude 8's.

uselss.gif

Back
Top Bottom