Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
shoegistics cancelled my diffused jade/prohibition/doodle order.  Not too disappointed though, I only wanted them cause of the discount and to hoop in.

welp those didn't last long
I had a 9.5 in cart but couldn't get myself to go through with it. I'm just not trusting anything overseas really besides soleheaven. Plus pep talk i got earlier kicked in. No more shoe tricks on me.

welp those didn't last long
I had a 9.5 in cart but couldn't get myself to go through with it. I'm just not trusting anything overseas really besides soleheaven. Plus pep talk i got earlier kicked in. No more shoe tricks on me.
I think that place is in canada tho. I don't think there are customs from ca to us.
yea, it is in canada. They ship from Vancouver/Toronto 

Yup, that's what mine says too. This is my first time ordering from over seas. I'm guessing it's stuck in customs right now
Mine also.  Here's what their website says, "Shipping to USA & the rest of the world can take langer than a week depending on customs."

It's been 10 days now
mean.gif

I'm hoping I don't have to wait another week or 2 and then get slammed with that customs charge.

i might be late, i saw you guys talking about the south beach colorway in here a day or 2 ago... but nightwing just confirmed on his twitter that the south beaches are coming out? so theyre official? if so, smhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh @ nike. they even have the mint sole from the KP that they keep on copying. its out of hand how lazy and uninspired some of these colorways are that have been coming out.

So retros and 4 skin? Lol man o man. I haven't heard anything on my end about the EXT's pricing. Only like the KC but that doesn't make me a hype beast does it? Smh

So I'm wrong because I like the shoe, have the cash, and like more than one cw? How is that taking it in the ***. I don't understand...??? My money. I decide what to do with it and how much I'm willing to spend. Prices are gonna go up regardless. Don't hate on us that like to buy multiple pairs.

nowhere in my post did i check you for doing what you wanna do with your money. if you wanna spend 3k and have 22 pairs of the same shoe in your closet then by all means be my guest.

but you have to understand that on the other hand that doesnt put you or anyone else that spends that much money in a position to complain about where nike sets their prices

so sorry that my statement had you butt hurt, but it wasnt about you personally and my statement is based simply on economics alone.

I get what you are saying, but this isn't necessarily true.  IX Elites (other than the Miami Vice colorway) and X Elites sat at retail hard, and went on heavy discount, the sales weren't there, and Nike still came right back this year with a $15 increase on Elites.  You are never gonna see a signature model go down in price in the next year of production, so this is more driven by the progression of the shoe rather than consumers saying "no" to retail prices.  Plus almost every guy in here posting "collection pictures" got some of their XI's on discount, so they didn't even pay Nike's retail price.  This generalization that is true across the board, every signature shoe, whether it be Adidas, Nike, or Reebok is going to go up in price every year, regardless, these companies aren't stupid, they are making money even when they hit the outlets and the heavy discounts.  The increase per model year has been around since Jordan and Allen Iverson, so let's not pretend like this is new or specific to LeBron. 

with all due respect that is exactly false.

#1 nike isnt paid the exact retail price on any shoe they sell. they sell it to the footlockers (middlemen) of the world for a price lower than the "suggested retail price". footlocker (the middle man" then sells it to the sneaker head at the suggested retail price and profits the difference.

so even though shoes are heavily discounted when some of you purchase them...$149? $139? nike has already been paid. matter of fact lets say these sneaker collectors had a spine and let the shoes sit at the middle man even after heavy discounts. nike would then buy them back at a super low price and send them to the outlet and double up again.

so even though you use the example of the IX elites, nike has already been paid what they want for every single pair of IX elites plus more because they went to the outlets.

#2 you are right. you will never see a model go down in price or even stabilize. but its not due to a natural progression, or cost of materials or research and development or any other hogwash idea you can think of. why? because every shoe that we buy cost less than $20 to produce...not just to make the shoe in some 3rd world country. i am talking about from sketches all the way to the footlockers (middlemen) this kills me when i see people debate whether to pay for a shoe like the XI and XI elite and say, "i wont pay for this shoe because the price hike isnt warranted due to less material used or less carbon fiber" etc. while they are most likely right, it doesnt matter because all of they shoes they own are marked up x10 or x@) anyway.

i never said price hikes were exclusive to LBJ. matter of fact i am saying that its exclusive to sneakers period. especially signature sneakers. as far as adidas and reebok etc goes, honestly they are trying to sell more shoes by using the business model that nike has established

how do i know this you ask? i used to be a nike employee. not in a retail setting either. economics is a science and it applies to every product a consumer purchases. sneakers are not exempt. it just feels like they are because there are so many blood thirsty shoe leeches out there that feel like they cant live if they dont have every single shoe thats released.

are you kidding me? raffles? campouts? bots? i got my first pair of jordans in elementary school in 1988 and i never thought that things would get like this.

sorry for the essay. i know NTers hate reading
(but anyone that has taken a simple economics class on the college level would agree with what i am saying.

BOTTOM LINE*** if the consumer decided that they were going to slow down purchasing shoes by 1 or 2 pairs per year on average. nike would get the point. but they wont, so like i said in my previous post... bend over, take it raw, with no vaseline

fixed

Last edited:
Idk but it warrants a parental advisory warning lol^
Thats just too long to read. All I saw was 4 skin and take it raw.
these 2 post go perfect together
roll.gif

I read it, and I understand where he's coming from, I will say this Jordan XVII were $200 retail the next yr the XVIII retailed for less so it can happen that a shoe sig goes cheaper than the previous year

Back
Top Bottom