Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Petrie's designs are crazy good. But I mean the 2, 4, 5, and 6 really werent bad at all. Plus the Zoom Generation is pretty much a classic now. 7-11 is deff the better looking line up, but the 1-6 isnt as bad as some of your are making is out to be.
4's??? LOL, I'm not gonna even speak on the 4's cuz they had some classic CW's, but at the end of the day, I won't ever buy them to wear due to how heavy they were. Ankle weights w/ fashion is wat I call those

The IIs and IVs are still two of my favorites from the whole line, and I've always thought the AZGs were kind of under-appreciated. I kind of lost interest once the Vs and VIs came out though, so the VIIs kind of brought me back and then the 8s really sold me.

Last edited:
I bought the grey/blue Lebron 2s because I thought that colorway was clean, and I was really just looking to try something different. Wore them about two times and never touched them again. Pulled them out one day and felt nothing but regret for buying them. That colorway was dope, but that shoe looked horrible on feet. Hell, horrible period after I really looked at them.

**** it I ain't ready and neither are you!!

I pretty much like all of the lebrons from the Petrie era with the Xs being my least favorite. I think my favorite from the pre Petrie would probably be the AZG and the IVs everything else looks unappealing imo

^Ken Link designed the IVs. He also designed the Zoom Revis that came out last year and the Lebron IIs. He was a main designer for Nike bball for a while, definitely not an intern.
Also was design director in the soldier iii which were the only soldiers I copped and were pleased with. IDC for most Lebrons 1-6, but the IIs and soldier IIIs I really like.

Last edited:
Lol at JP saved the LeBron series, 1 - 6 are some of the best designed shoes, each one looked nothing like the last and each have they're own new tech
But he did. Though there were fans of the line before the 7 it didn't take off until the 7. I'm pretty sure most will agree. Same with the Kobe and KD IV. Both lines picked up significantly after those models released.

The IIs and IVs are still two of my favorites from the whole line, and I've always thought the AZGs were kind of under-appreciated. I kind of lost interest once the Vs and VIs came out though, so the VIIs kind of brought me back and then the 8s really sold me.
Agreed. I started into the LeBron line with the II's and was super heavy (pun intended) into the IV's, still have all my IV's. Hated the V's, VI's weren't bad, I liked the VII's but didn't fit me correctly, loved the 8's. Both Link and Petrie are great designers, just different styles. II's and IV's shouldn't be overlooked, IV's had some amazing colorways and II's are a classic.

AZGs and II-IV were great, so saying the pre-JP line was irrelevant is a stretch, but to each their own. Little off topic but when they start retroing AZGs, I just pray they don't do anything drastic or wild with them.

Gotta say I'm feeling all the CWs except the KOTJs only because I probably won't be able to cop those easily. XIs look like instant classics, and I'm more concerned with the cushioning setup now and how they feel on-court over time, seems like this could end up being the ultimate basketball shoe.

Last edited:
I've been with Lebrons since the beginning and the only ones I haven't liked are the 5 and 6.

AZGs, 2, 3, and 4s are all dope to me

Last edited:
IV's are an amazing shoe, just cause its a brick doesn't mean it wasn't incredible. The Zoom was crazy good and the design detail was insane. This being said, his line just keeps getting better. This Gamma XI has me on the train. Looking forward to full-length Zoom again!

Lol at JP saved the LeBron series, 1 - 6 are some of the best designed shoes, each one looked nothing like the last and each have they're own new tech

I know the 6 gets panned by a lot of people, but the 6 is what got me into LeBron's in the first place. I absolutely love the 6, and to this day they are seriously the most comfortable shoes to wear on a daily basis. I still get so many compliments on my beat up blue fade all-star 6's. Even LeBron broke them out for a game this past year.

Last edited:
Yeah the 6s are what made me first notice lebron sneakers. Definitely wish I had paid attention to the whole line before though. 1-6 had some real heat for relatively cheap back then. Now we're looking at 200+ for brons shoes smh

Back
Top Bottom