Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Im officially lost. Can someone post pics of what are the King of the jungle and King's Pride cw's?
Did the armory slates get renamed to kotj?

The terracottas are that cw that changes everybody minds from ugly transformer shoes to instacop :lol:...

It never fails, just reading comments across the internet

The terracottas are that cw that changes everybody minds from ugly transformer shoes to instacop
laugh.gif

It never fails, just reading comments across the internet
lol for me it did... I liked the KOTJ's but was still on the fence. Silver/black/purple or Black/purple colorways (Barkleys) done right will always make me reconsider. Terracota achieved that for me

Yes, marketing, but only to an extent. When they're throwing out these complicated nicknames for every colorway and it becomes an effort to keep track and an exercise in memorization, it's really stupid.

"King of the Jungle" does make sense though. "King's Pride" though... just leave it un named.
I'm convinced, to some people a shoe isn't a shoe until it have a nickname.. You know is bad when dudes give 15yr old jordans a nickname just because its being retroed

The article about the warriors was needed. Made me do some research. Found an article on how artist and archaeologists were bringing the statues back to life by restoring the color. Had no idea they had color. Some are actually similar in color to the Lebron XI version of the warriors.

With that said, I'm doing a 180 on the execution of the concept. I stated they were nice, just wasn't feeling the execution at first. Will try to cop when they release.

Yeah, the Terracottas are another one I'll be going for. The story behind Lebron colorways lately have all been pretty great.

Followed by "Cherry". I cringe literally every single time I see either of these.

Love how dude is still asserting that JM got NONE of the colorway nicknames right even after I showed him that LeBron himself has confimed that Akron vs. Miami colorway.

King of the Jungle was probably an early name that they were playing around with that naturally evolved into King's Pride. If you think about it, Lions are the "King of the Jungle" and a pride is also a group of lions. Seems like they just took the initial idea and got even more clever with it, considering you can also interpret "King's Pride" a few ways that would all make sense for LeBron.
I didn't assert anything.   Thanks for ASSuming Dr. Phil.  My Akron vs. Miami blah blah blah was just me saying blah blah blah.  So don't talk like you know what I'm doing.  Just know I'm not on my knees for JM. 

You've got way too much time trying to justify "King's Pride".  People are funny.

so far for me i am gonna go after the KOTJ and Black/red...

will ID a blackout colorway if they're gonna be on ID/ if there isn't a blackout colorway

I like the design details on the Terracottas, but that purple isn't working for me.

KOTJs and black/red still on the cop list
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Kinda glad I don't like terracotta, blk/red or blue/gray

I'd like to only have to grab 2-3 pair throughout the year and focus more time on picking classics I don't have.

So far only ones that have my attention are the KOTJ/King's Pride ones. The black/red ones would look better if the sole was the same color as the armor or black.

And smh at the "nickname wars" going on.

Well there goes 600.00 plus tax [emoji]128555[/emoji].. Heat armory slate and china one if they a general release not going over hurdles to get any shoes anymore I'm sick of it.. Any one if the chinas are gr? JM ?

Welp, so far it's 4/4 for me.
Looks like I'm not kidding when I said I would be buying every single colorway.

lol for me it did... I liked the KOTJ's but was still on the fence. Silver/black/purple or Black/purple colorways (Barkleys) done right will always make me reconsider. Terracota achieved that for me

I feel you, the blue joints did it for me but the terracotta def took it over the top. Not that I didn't like the XI but was just waiting for that Cw.

Hope there not too limited, Nike tends to that with there storyline well executed Colorways

waiting for a colorway that changes color in different lighting.. kobe cloak-like

id be surprised if Nike doesn't make a colorway like that for these :nerd:

I didn't assert anything.   Thanks for ASSuming Dr. Phil.  My Akron vs. Miami blah blah blah was just me saying blah blah blah.  So don't talk like you know what I'm doing.  Just know I'm not on my knees for JM. 

You've got way too much time trying to justify "King's Pride".  People are funny.

JM has been dropping legit info on NT for YEARS! Sorry that it makes you insecure that we take his word on strength alone. He more then likely got good info it was probably later changed.

But I agree the nicknames are lame but isn't it really the shoe that we should be debating not some stupid names?

Back
Top Bottom