• Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
THIS.

I'M CURIOUS AS WELL. I DON'T THINK THIS MODEL WILL TRANSLATE WELL INTO A LOW, BUT THEN AGAIN I HAVEN'T LIKED ANY LOWS FROM THE LEBRON LINE EVER.

I haven't messed with Lebron lows ever but they have both a casual and performance appeal to some cats. On to your question, I have a feeling that we're going to see some variation of the Air Max outsole that has been used for the VIII, IX and X low. :smh:

Parachutes are the only ones I'm digging so far. Interested to see how the SLH makeup will turn out on these though.

Those colorways have connections to the people who endorse them. Weatherman is a KD colorway cause he was going to be a weatherman. I dont wanna see anyone's meaningful color ways wind up on someone elses shoe. Thats corny.

Nike, Gentry, & a slew of people's out there buying up Foamposites would disagree with your sentiments, Dawg.

Last edited:
I agree about Nike overdoing some of these themes. The recent Weatherman release is a good example. The theme sold the shoe moreso than the shoe itself. But the theme now seems more gimmicky than inspired.

Freegums mockup is the best
agreed. 
pimp.gif

I agree about Nike overdoing some of these themes. The recent Weatherman release is a good example. The theme sold the shoe moreso than the shoe itself. But the theme now seems more gimmicky than inspired.
agreed. 
mean.gif

I wonger how much GS will cost of men's is 200 :smh:

I see myself with multiple pairs (that I actually wear. I don't wear NONE of my Xs.... I'd sell 'em if I knew I'd get anything for 'em)

Last edited:
GREED is not always good *ahem* homerun Derby/south beach CW got ho'd out
I'm not agreeing with Nike's marketing tactics, just presenting them to people who might not have noticed the trend. Yes colorways can get play out, but only because Nike wants to focus on certain colors certain years. The last 2 years we have had yeezy spin-offs, the soccer shoe that inspired the mambacurials, south-beach, and most recently mint or green glow everything. Dynamic blue and fire berry during and after the Olympics, and don't forget GALAXY!. The year before that was volt everything. It just part of nike marketing, its what makes them so successful.

Last edited:
exactly. "weatherman" foams are retailing at what, $250? These lebron 11s are on par or even better(imo) aesthetically than a foam and have way more tech for performance. the 10s retailed for 180 and and some versions were 200 and 270. $200 isn't that horrible
People just want to complain, all that means is more pairs for me while everyone is worked up about an ok price for a foamposite sneaker.
It's funny how people argue how $200 is a good price these days
laugh.gif
I'm not a fan of the price increase for the XI, but I'm not surprised by it either.

The trend with the LeBron line in the last few iterations is at least a $10+ price increase with each new model, so I was expecting the XIs to be in the $190-200 range.

I'm sure some people didn't bat an eye at this price increase; while others decided they'll limit (as best they can
laugh.gif
) the amount of colorways they pick up, if any (like myself
laugh.gif
); while some might've decided not to mess with the XIs at all because of it. To each their own.

It's just funny to me how some here gobble up the Hyperposites, the Barkleyposites, or whatever gimmicky foamposite nonsense Gentry puts out, all of which are $200+ but feign such outrage and indignation when it comes to the LeBron XI's pricing.

*shrugs*

It's just funny to me how some here gobble up the Hyperposites, the Barkleyposites, or whatever gimmicky foamposite nonsense Gentry puts out, all of which are $200+ but feign such outrage and indignation when it comes to the LeBron XI's pricing.
This

*shrugs*

The majority of people who have been in to foams longer than three years also complain about the current price of foams. Foam Pros were just $190 and Foamposites $200 just a couple of years ago. Heck, many of us could get them on sale.

And if you go in the hyperposite and barkleyposite threads, people also complain about the price.

So this isn't something exclusive to Lebrons.

People should complain, because the less complaining, the quicker you'll see prices at $250 and elites at $300.

*shrugs*
The majority of people who have been in to foams longer than three years also complain about the current price of foams. Foam Pros were just $190 and Foamposites $200 just a couple of years ago. Heck, many of us could get them on sale.

And if you go in the hyperposite and barkleyposite threads, people also complain about the price.

So this isn't something exclusive to Lebrons.

People should complain, because the less complaining, the quicker you'll see prices at $250 and elites at $300.
I never said people shouldn't complain, they have every right to do some.

Just making an observation that the complaints about the LeBron XI pricing seems to be a lingering theme of this thread compared to the Barkley posite or various foamposite threads.

.I follow the Barkley posite thread and I know people were up in arms about the price initially, but a lot of them changed their tune once the Area 72s dropped.
laugh.gif
  I expect the same to happen when a "hot" limited LeBron XI colorway drops.

And I agree with your point about doing something to curtail these price increases, because with the way the LeBron line is going, a future $250+ base model LeBron sig is a surety at this point.
mean.gif

To do that though people have to do more than complain though. They have to stop buying the shoes on a large enough scale for Nike to feel it, which I don't see happening.

Especially when Nike drops that exclusive, super, mega, ultra, limited colorway that is a ''must cop".

Back
Top Bottom