Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Yup, he definitely played the first half in a mostly black with red pair, then switched in the second half to a mostly white with red pair.  I think it's purely mental with him now. 

The cushioning and design theories are good ones, but more than anything, I think this is what it comes down to now. LeBron is so superstitious and finicky, maybe even obsessive compulsive, that he's constantly tinkering with what he wears. Who knows.....maybe one bad shot is enough for a switch to flip in his head that leads to shoe change.

I don't begrudge LeBron the right to wear the Soldiers. They are still his shoe too. It may not look good for Nike that he won't wear an "Elite" $275 shoe for prolonged periods, but ultimately that's their problem.

This isn't the 90s where we would wear shoes because Jordan wore them on the court. His retirement and continued release of a signature shoe really helped detract us from the mindset.

There are a few players that rock brons on the regular including Cousins from the Kings and the general feedback is that they feel good on the court.

It really has nothing to do with wearing them because of lebron. There market and advertise the shoe around lebron look at the ad they put it it says lebrons name on it personally how it only locks him down. There premium elite materials which is why there is a price hike in them. If the shoes materials aren't elite enough for there key advertisement what makes them elite for there customers? Again I know there's no chance for a price cut I don't care about that I would just wanna see what Nike's excuse would be.

It's pretty obvious this topic is new to you then. 99.9% of us have seen brons toes. We know he has "special" needs for his shoes.

And I'll also say it again.... The customer feedback for the bron xi has been very positive.

Finally, this elite concept isn't anything new. We all know whatever enhancements they say that the shoes have aren't worth the ticket.

It's pretty obvious this topic is new to you then. 99.9% of us have seen brons toes. We know he has "special" needs for his shoes.

And I'll also say it again.... The customer feedback for the bron xi has been very positive.

Finally, this elite concept isn't anything new. We all know whatever enhancements they say that the shoes have aren't worth the ticket.

And Nike obviously made adjustments to lebrons pair with the bigger larger toebox which should have fixed the issue but it did not. We really don't know what the problem is because now he's not wearing the elites. You don't think Nike saw the problem with the regular xi and made sure to correct the problem with the elite? Even with that fix he still won't wear them. Maybe it's an ankle fit or something like that

The cushioning and design theories are good ones, but more than anything, I think this is what it comes down to now. LeBron is so superstitious and finicky, maybe even obsessive compulsive, that he's constantly tinkering with what he wears. Who knows.....maybe one bad shot is enough for a switch to flip in his head that leads to shoe change.

I've always heard that plenty of athletes are borderline/are obsessive compulsive. What could've started out as a lunarlon issue or a posite issue or grip issue, etc., could very well have been addressed by Nike's team long ago. But now he could associate anything and everything negative on the court with XIs.

But BigJ is absolutely right about the price hike for elites. It's gonna happen every year no matter what. Besides the white and golds last year everything sat. Did Nike come up with a new strategy this year? Nope, extra $75 a pop.

That fact that LeBron doesn't care for the Elites either actually supports the theory that it's the lunarlon bothering him...regular XI's and Elite XI's have the same exact insole/lunarlon setup.  

That fact that LeBron doesn't care for the Elites either actually supports the theory that it's the lunarlon bothering him...regular XI's and Elite XI's have the same exact insole/lunarlon setup.  
Not a surprise. Hard to beat full length zoom.

I just wonder if the toe box on the elites are more comfortable than the regular Xis.

Word is there even narrower than the originals and the chrome shank plate that wraps around your heel and forefoot makes them uncomfortably snug, in other words they fit even worse :x .... I have no idea how the hell they managed to do that :lol:

I think it's funny that only one of the guys with a signature shoe actually wears his to ball. That said, the XIs are comfy for walking around, but I prefer hooping in the Kobes or KDs to the XIs.

To be honest I couldn't care any less if Lebron wears the 11's or not, I like them whether he plays in them. It's hilarious to me that the soldiers are way more attractive now Lebron chooses to wear them versus the 11's, would anyone be speaking about them if he never wore them this season? Whatever the reason is for him not wearing the 11's the price of the lows and elites is ridiculous but they feel the design and work to put that shoe together is worth that amount of money so good luck petitioning for a discount. Elites will hit the discount rack and EXT's will hit the outlets.

Last edited:
My problem with the elite is that IMO, they're a takedown model. Now I don't f*** with the 11s at all right now cause of that price tag (and cause I hate LBJ's guts), but this is even more outrageous. Flame away
tell me the hate is not real what did lebron say to u...lol wtf

would anyone be speaking about them if he never wore them this season?
No chance in hell... Fools are all of a sudden needing these unremarkable soldiers... F the soldiers. I wanna see Lebron torch fools in some LEBRONS. 

Leave the soldiers to Deandre Jordan and the like..
mean.gif

Nike is messing up big time. If he wears the soldiers throughout the playoffs its an epic failure no matter how you look at it.

People's speculation says a lot about why they wear Brons. Those who say it's performance related, use them to ball. Those who say it's marketing, wear em casually.

My speculation only. No disrespect though.
I say it's performance related and I wear them casually lol. It's pretty obvious he isn't digging either the cushioning or the way it hugs his feet. he should've gotten some of these b-Grades. i swear on my life they are at least 1/8th inch wider lol

man Soldiers are piquing my interest more and more.... guess Nike's marketing is working :lol: :lol:

http://gifsoup.com

would anyone be speaking about them if he never wore them this season?

No chance in hell... Fools are all of a sudden needing these unremarkable soldiers... F the soldiers. I wanna see Lebron torch fools in some LEBRONS. 

Leave the soldiers to Deandre Jordan and the like..:smh:

Nike is messing up big time. If he wears the soldiers throughout the playoffs its an epic failure no matter how you look at it.

I couldn't have said it better :lol:

:wow: I can't wait for these thangs man! You ever be do hype you wanna do a dance :nerd:

http://gifsoup.com

Well that's how hype I am for these but I'm not gonna dance so I hope the gif will suffice :lol:

Last edited:
I got to thinking about the lunarlon/zoom insoles in these shoes last night and I think the biggest problem that Lebron (and the rest of us) have a problem with is that they used way too much lunarlon on this setup.   think about it, lunarlon is meant to be a cushion on its own,  so is zoom.  I think the lunarlon is so thick that it takes away from the zoom actually doing what it does best.

if Nike would have used a thinner layer of lunarlon on top of the zoom the shoe would actually perform and feel a whole lot better

This is just my $.02,  but I think its something think about.

Back
Top Bottom