Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Man it sucks to hear that $275.00 basketball shoe sucks when it's used for basketball :smh: :lol: but I believe it's pretty apparent that Nike dropped the ball on the performance end this time around :rolleyes repped for the review I have yet to try a pair of Elites on and I probably never will .....

Yea I went tts with my elites. Length was cool. Toe box was cool. Hurt the side of my feet tho. Toward the front near my pinky toe. Break in def required.

So tempted to cop those elites for $165.00, but with all the performance issues I'm hearing it sounds like a bad idea 
frown.gif

the color way really grew on me after seeing on foot on this super attractive chick lol. but I'll have to pass if performance is really how you guys are saying. maybe another pair of KPs.

Yea I went tts with my elites. Length was cool. Toe box was cool. Hurt the side of my feet tho. Toward the front near my pinky toe. Break in def required.
Yup,  killing the side of my feet when i wore them around the house... hopefully they break in when i actually wear them  a few times

First time breaking em out on-court
nthat.gif

These things are like some coral reefs you see in Hawaii. Absolutely beautiful to look at but they'll destroy your feet in a heartbeat.

The 2 hotspots for me were the lateral shanks and the ankles. If you stick your hand in your shoe you can literally feel the lateral shanks. The only thing between your foot and that shank is a piece of nylon (I'm assuming) and your sock. That thing literally dug into my foot with every step, especially lateral movements.

The 2nd spot was the ankle area. More specifically the rubber dots. Because the shoe is so stiff in the midfoot area, it doesn't want to bend at all. So as you're transitioning to toe-off, your foot bends but the shoe wants to stay straight. My theory is that they realized heel lockdown was terrible after wear testing. Instead of making the shoe a little more flexible, they decided to just add some rubber grip to "grab" your ankle. The rubber dots ended up giving me a burning sensation on my skin. They did their job though, I guess.

To sum it up, they're stiff, the lateral shank killed my foot, and the heel lockdown feels awkward.

But man, I sure love how they look
laugh.gif

*This is just my experience with them. If anyone is looking for a full review @dwoodactennis did a great one several pages back.
They are so stiff...but they do look great!  Good stuff man. 
nthat.gif

Yup,  killing the side of my feet when i wore them around the house... hopefully they break in when i actually wear them  a few times

I don't know fellas... I've been wearing them every chance I had in the house for over a week. Even after an hour hoop session, it didn't feel any better. It wasn't debilitating on-court while I was active. But any time I wasn't running it was like my feedback switch got turned to full blast, "PAIN PAIN PAIN." This is only my first on-court experience with them though. I'll give them a few more runs and may use them in a league game this saturday. If they get any better I'll let you guys know. If I never mention it again it means my feet fell off and I died from lebron foot syndrome :lol:

I don't know fellas... I've been wearing them every chance I had in the house for over a week. Even after an hour hoop session, it didn't feel any better. It wasn't debilitating on-court while I was active. But any time I wasn't running it was like my feedback switch got turned to full blast, "PAIN PAIN PAIN." This is only my first on-court experience with them though. I'll give them a few more runs and may use them in a league game this saturday. If they get any better I'll let you guys know. If I never mention it again it means my feet fell off and I died from lebron foot syndrome :lol:

Better bring a pair of Soldiers and switch them out during the first TO :lol:

laugh.gif

It's a great deal. I would do it if I didn't have to get the Everglades, WTL (fingers crossed), and Gold Elite's.

Too much stuff coming out these next few months. Yet again, it's been like that for the past 2 years.
i hear you man..  i have a few things on my radar in the next few weeks, so i don't know if i want to pull the trigger or not... first thing up is the french open atc's and i know them are gonna run me at least $200 if i ever get the chance to copp 

Something tells me a tweet will be going out come saturday morning for those 
laugh.gif
  but this is just me wanting them to drop allready

Last edited:
Those Everglades keep calling my name. Plus with that $25 off from Nike I recieved, expiring that day, I'm very tempted. Hoping to see them in person Saturday before I cop.

Back
Top Bottom