Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters

After pre-ordering the Gator King for a ridiculous amount....I would have waited man, especially around here.  But if you love the SB that much then good for you....I definitely wear my GK's the most out of any shoe I own so money well spent. 
Me too man. Definitely over spent for the GK but they are my favorite XI. Sure would have been nice to save that extra cash though.

After pre-ordering the Gator King for a ridiculous amount....I would have waited man, especially around here.  But if you love the SB that much then good for you....I definitely wear my GK's the most out of any shoe I own so money well spent. 
What is considered a ridiculous amount??? lol

What is considered a ridiculous amount??? lol
Well I've definitely had foolish moments and paid way more for shoes, but I pre-ordered mine for $375.  But I don't regret it THAT much.....I'll pay $375 for ANY shoe that I like that is going to involve raffles, TLO's or any limited tags in order to avoid that headache.   I think everyone in here that likes the WTL would scoop them up early in a heartbeat for $375, just my opinion though.  That's my problem with the numbers that Nike puts these shoes out in....if they could figure out a way to get these shoes to people that actually want to wear them rather than profit off of them, that extra cash that people like us spend on pre-orders or on ebay could be used on more Nike product.  

Last edited:
Man. I think I like the elite model more than the regular model of the XI's.

Sold off my GK's to get the Gold elites. 

Well I've definitely had foolish moments and paid way more for shoes, but I pre-ordered mine for $375.  But I don't regret it THAT much.....I'll pay $375 for ANY shoe that I like that is going to involve raffles, TLO's or any limited tags in order to avoid that headache.   I think everyone in here that likes the WTL would scoop them up early in a heartbeat for $375, just my opinion though.  That's my problem with the numbers that Nike puts these shoes out in....if they could figure out a way to get these shoes to people that actually want to wear them rather than profit off of them, that extra cash that people like us spend on pre-orders or on ebay could be used on more Nike product.  
Yeah, I feel ya'...But, $375 for the All Stars, IDK. And yeah, Nike put out limited quantities on they kicks so they kinda force you to play it safe w/ these damn pre-orders. But, now knowing you paid that much for the GK's I feel a whole lot better w/ the amount I dropped for the South Beaches now lol

Yeah, I feel ya'...But, $375 for the All Stars, IDK. And yeah, Nike put out limited quantities on they kicks so they kinda force you to play it safe w/ these damn pre-orders. But, now knowing you paid that much for the GK's I feel a whole lot better w/ the amount I dropped for the South Beaches now lol
Looking at ebay for prices on the SB, the price is definitely a lot more appealing than the GK was.  I feel like back in Jan./Feb.  we didn't  know or realize that Nike was going to take care of us as far as quantity goes on this model.  Could be wrong though.

laugh.gif

375 is only like 120 over retail huh? Which isn't awful for any release you anticipate being limited. That being said it seems like the XI has been more available than previews iterations

Looking at ebay for prices on the SB, the price is definitely a lot more appealing than the GK was.  I feel like back in Jan./Feb.  we didn't  know or realize that Nike was going to take care of us as far as quantity goes on this model.  Could be wrong though.
Nike probably listening to us now and making more pairs...probably not to the point pairs are gonna sit till noon or whatever but enough to the point that if you make the effort to actually want the shoe you can get em'...Almost like the Jordan 11's, IMO

375 is only like 120 over retail huh? Which isn't awful for any release you anticipate being limited. That being said it seems like the XI has been more available than previews iterations
The reason I said IDK about the 375 was cuz I wasn't feeling any of the All Star kicks this year to even make me wanna go out of my way. I was just lucky enough to get the KDs and Bron pairs

The reason I said IDK about the 375 was cuz I wasn't feeling any of the All Star kicks this year to even make me wanna go out of my way. I was just lucky enough to get the KDs and Bron pairs
I feel you. But being from NOLA I had to have the gator kings

I feel you. But being from NOLA I had to have the gator kings

don't feel bad. thats the risk of doing a preorder. you win some. you lose some.

its like when dudes were paying $500-600 for the preorder of the galaxy foams. in hindsight... that wasn't a bad price at all.

Ya, I guess a little more but not much.   I don't feel awful at all about it because like I had said...it's my favorite so far.    There is no stopping the limited madness that Nike is going to pull...but I honestly believe that there is a magic price that Nike could utilize as far as pre-orders on these limited releases.  I mean, take the WTL and what @memphissfinest  paid for them  in order to get early (Just using you as an example since you're the only one in here that I've seen do it so far).  I don't know what that dollar amount is that he dropped but I think it's safe to assume that he's pretty excited for that particular color way.  All of that is extra cash that Nike is losing IMO.

If Nike gave us 1 day to pre-order the WTL for $300-400, would you do it?? I know I would.   The shoe can remain "limited" but enthusiasts actually have a chance to get them.  I'm not a believer of why the use their tactics because I'm definitely not thirsting for that next shoe when I strike out.  I'm going to buy what I like regardless, but maybe that's just me.  IMO, when someone strikes out on the WTL this month or whenever, I don't think they are going to rush over to buy some Elites or any similar based shoe.  

Hopefully we are turning the corner on this mess and we do in fact see a good amount of them!

that city gear early link was super clutch for the GKs... cancellation thoughts were killer that day

eventhough we tease the guys that did the preorders for 'em, that situation could've easily flipped on us (word to Fear Vs)

Ya, I guess a little more but not much.   I don't feel awful at all about it because like I had said...it's my favorite so far.    There is no stopping the limited madness that Nike is going to pull...but I honestly believe that there is a magic price that Nike could utilize as far as pre-orders on these limited releases.  I mean, take the WTL and what @memphissfinest
 paid for them  in order to get early (Just using you as an example since you're the only one in here that I've seen do it so far).  I don't know what that dollar amount is that he dropped but I think it's safe to assume that he's pretty excited for that particular color way.  All of that is extra cash that Nike is losing IMO.

If Nike gave us 1 day to pre-order the WTL for $300-400, would you do it?? I know I would.   The shoe can remain "limited" but enthusiasts actually have a chance to get them.  I'm not a believer of why the use their tactics because I'm definitely not thirsting for that next shoe when I strike out.  I'm going to buy what I like regardless, but maybe that's just me.  IMO, when someone strikes out on the WTL this month or whenever, I don't think they are going to rush over to buy some Elites or any similar based shoe.  

Hopefully we are turning the corner on this mess and we do in fact see a good amount of them!

YEA IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I'VE BEEN EXCITED FOR A LEBRON SHOE. I TOOK A HIATUS FROM THE LEBRON 10 AFTER THE PHENOMENAL LEBRON 9'S. THE WHAT THE LEBRON 11S ARE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL LOOKING SHOE, I HAD TO HAVE THEM AT ALL COSTS. SO I PAID A PRETTY PENNY TO GET THEM, AFTER MY CONNECT TOLD ME THAT THEY HAVE BEEN DELAYED AGAIN FROM THE JUNE 14 DATE. SHOULD BE HERE EITHER TOMORROW OR MONDAY.

PEOPLE ASK WHY I PAY PREORDER PRICES WHEN I HAVE ATC SERVICE. EVEN THOUGH THERE IS A 99% CHANCE I WILL GET PAIRS WHEN THEY DROP ON NDC, I FELT THAT 1% CHANCE OF FAILURE WAS TOO HIGH FOR THIS SHOE :lol:

Back
Top Bottom