Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I bought another KP in store today, they had 1 size run. I got tts 11.5 which was snug, but 12 felt way too long and I am used to more snug shoes now with the Kobe 8. Used military and gift cards, $39 out of pocket.

View media item 613622

Last edited:
It's funny how people complain about the price tag on these but spend more on foams (which IMO are ugly again IMO). But I got my pair and really no complaints. Love how the c/w was executed. Can't stop looking at em lol.

It is so dope to see many of you telling people to BUY WHAT THEY LIKE and WEAR IT.  It's true, a lot of people refuse to buy a sneaker if it's "not" hard to get and if it's "limited."  The psychology of the words "limited edition" is astounding.  I come from the era (90's, greatest era of sneaker design) where NOTHING was limited and you could walk into a store weeks later and buy whatever sneaker you wanted without worrying about them being sold out.  Hell, EVERY Jordan that originally released back then not only sat on the shelf, but WENT ON SALE.  Those were the days.  I personally would not care if Nike made 12 Million of a particular sneaker......if I like it, I'm buying it and I'm rocking it.  I don't care if all 12 million people were in the same location all rocking the same sneaker.  That has NOTHING to do with me or my love for the sneaker.  I don't have a "I don't wanna see someone else rocking my shoe" complex.  But to each his/her own.  I'm glad these are widely available and those who can't get them this weekend can pretty much pick them up whenever they want.  That's how it should be.  This shoe is gorgeous in person.  SN: To the 14 year old and the guys who are being a little harsh toward him:  This $200 sneaker is the modern day version (price point-wise) to Jordans and other signature sneakers back in the day.  I feel your pain youngster, because when I was your age, my parents wouldn't dare pay over $100 for a pair of shoes, and $100 kicks were considered expensive back then.  I was in your shoes wondering the same thing....."I love this shoe, how can I buy it, it's over $100!"  

Right now, it's safe to say these Lebrons have taken over for me. Jordans are Jordans, but there's nothing that I'm really interested in in 2014 except the Columbia XIs. Some of you guys should know how much I frequent the AM90 thread. I like KDs too, but there's only a handful of colorways I like. I am going ham with this model and attempt to get every colorway.

And I hate LeBron as a player.

Wish every release was like this. Easy to pickup, widespread ability, nice colorway... Perfect execution
And for good measure, every release should coincide with a Jordan release. Between these and the Gloves last week, things haven't been this easy in a long time.

It is so dope to see many of you telling people to BUY WHAT THEY LIKE and WEAR IT.  It's true, a lot of people refuse to buy a sneaker if it's "not" hard to get and if it's "limited."  The psychology of the words "limited edition" is astounding.  I come from the era (90's, greatest era of sneaker design) where NOTHING was limited and you could walk into a store weeks later and buy whatever sneaker you wanted without worrying about them being sold out.  Hell, EVERY Jordan that originally released back then not only sat on the shelf, but WENT ON SALE.  Those were the days.  I personally would not care if Nike made 12 Million of a particular sneaker......if I like it, I'm buying it and I'm rocking it.  I don't care if all 12 million people were in the same location all rocking the same sneaker.  That has NOTHING to do with me or my love for the sneaker.  I don't have a "I don't wanna see someone else rocking my shoe" complex.  But to each his/her own.  I'm glad these are widely available and those who can't get them this weekend can pretty much pick them up whenever they want.  That's how it should be.  This shoe is gorgeous in person.  SN: To the 14 year old and the guys who are being a little harsh toward him:  This $200 sneaker is the modern day version (price point-wise) to Jordans and other signature sneakers back in the day.  I feel your pain youngster, because when I was your age, my parents wouldn't dare pay over $100 for a pair of shoes, and $100 kicks were considered expensive back then.  I was in your shoes wondering the same thing....."I love this shoe, how can I buy it, it's over $100!"  

Sweet.

I'm being serious. Do they have shoes with arch support and made for over/under pronated feet. I wouldn't mind venturing from the beaten path of the Beast or NB 1540?
For a while they were making stability and motion control shoes (Google search "Nike Bowerman Series") but it appears they are content to flood the market with pretty shoes with fancy names. Even my beloved Vomero's and Pegasus' are started to sacrifice quality for flashiness. Nike is a truly greedy company. Maybe I'll be wearing Brooks again eventually afterall...

Last edited:
For a while they were making stability and motion control shoes (Google search "Nike Bowerman Series") but it appears they are content to flood the market with pretty shoes with fancy names. Even my beloved Vomero's and Pegasus' are started to sacrifice quality for flashiness. Nike is a truly greedy company. Maybe I'll be wearing Brooks again eventually afterall...
Asics >

Went to cop these and Finishline employee gave me 20% off for no real reason 
pimp.gif

roll.gif
at Pegasus and Vomero blowing Brooks Glycerin and Ghost out of the water. The power of the Swoosh.
As a runner who has worn multiple incarnations of all four models there ain't a damn thing funny. Comfort wise, it's not even close. Durability-wise, I'll give a slight edge to Brooks. Running snobs have long thumbed their noses at Nike because they realize if Nike corners the market on running shoes then they own every damn thing. Nike's neutral running shoes reign supreme. Period. Heck, I'd run in Air Max over Glycerin...

I'm wondering why certain stores got such limited quantities seeing as how these are a GR widely available online. Only two stores got them at the mall I went to in the bay area, Shiekh had one pair per size 8-12 and Footlocker had two pair per size with a full size run. Both spots sold out before 11am, it had me thinking these were in fact limited until I came into this thread.

So far just the BREDs next for me then I'll sit back till some c/w wows me. The KP was what i really wanted so I'm glad it was an easy cop.

I was wondring the same thing but ......Its not that confusing why some rather pay more. like at Sneakerhead $239.00

1. Gas

2. Some shoe stores only got up to size 11

3. Taxes
another person who nickel and dime everything, smh. If you really want the shoe you gotta go get it.

Lovin the quality on these KPs .. narrow yes, but I believe after a few wears they will break in nice.

Back
Top Bottom