Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Agreed but we're talking mainly about the guys that buy shoes on the premise that they are going to be worth so much down the line.
Some even pay resale in the hopes of making a profit, there's a guy that paid resale on 50 pairs of 2k14s. A couple months ago some would have considered that a smart investment, I just look at it as an expensive scratch off lotto ticket that isn't going to pay off.

The Lebron X Corks in my closet were "worth" $1,000 last year, now if I wanted to sell I'd be lucky to get $750-$800.
All these supposed sneaker values are only worth what someone else is willing to pay for them.
i agree with you 100%..  its just the mindset of resellers thats wrong... they main problem, they also buy sneakers for themselves, so that cuts into there potenial profits( cant get high off your own supply).. if they didnt care at all about they're product.. they could make a very decent profit (and some do)...  but if someone was moving say 10 pairs a month for an avg of $75 at the end of the year thats $9000.. nothing you can live on by any stretch of the imagination, but that could definitely take car of a few bills, vacation, home improvements etc... if resellers looked at the game like that, then they'd be on top..

i know a few guys that they make triple that reselling but their getting FSR of basically everything that has value, 

1: these ain't stocks

2: if you saved the bread instead of copping these kicks that are "acutally worth some money", you may possibly avoid these hard times you forsee

3: Ebay is refuting your flip logic on these at the moment

4: How are these the welcome homes bruh? Cleveland colors are red and gold?

Nothing personal though, this is just the nature of things now
I don't understand this logic... why does it always lead to investing in stocks when someone is talking about flipping shoes? This dude probably knows nothing about the market (I sure as hell don't so I don't come in here knocking peoples hustles) but he knows shoes, and even if he only makes 50 bucks it's a quick 50 that required very little work. I do it when I can, I hate Jordans but I know when an OG color is coming out I can make a quick hundred for a few clicks... why the hell not?

PRETTY MUCH.

Flipping shoes is flipping shoes but when people start using words like valuable and invest when all they are talking about is $500 shoes it just sounds silly.
Shoes aren't an investment and they are only as valuable as the sneaker community makes them.

They don't have much value in the real world.

THIS IS TRUE OF ANY MATERIAL GOOD. WHETHER IT BE SNEAKERS OR GOLD. THEY ARE ONLY WORTH WHAT OTHERS WILL PAY.

Flipping shoes is flipping shoes but when people start using words like valuable and invest when all they are talking about is $500 shoes it just sounds silly.

Shoes aren't an investment and they are only as valuable as the sneaker community makes them.

They don't have much value in the real world.
they're not an investment i agree.. but i'll challenge anyway in here to take $300 an place it in a bank acct... and see how long it takes to make $50 in interest... 

I WOULD KILL FOR MY CURRENT STOCKS/INVESTMENTS TO SEE THAT PERCENTAGE OF RETURN.

are we getting a "new" NDC?? Spill the beans.

Copping from NDC right now is damn near impossible 

Is it? Not for some on here. You can go back and you'll be able to put the Captcha (2+2) together to figure who had problems picking up the Elites today and who were the straight edge suckas.

And there isn't going to be a new NDC. If Ticket Master can't solve the bot problem then neither than Nike unless they're going to inject an insane artificial intelligence/shady buyer defense algorithm on the site.

hope they make about 400,000 pairs of that WT LBJ XI.  I need that shoe...
But then you wouldn't feel "cool" by busting out a fresh pair that hardly anyone has..... 
roll.gif

Lol sorry man, couldn't resist,  just giving you a hard time, no offense meant. All in fun.  I collect as well and don't really understand the "cool" factor because only about .01% of the population would even notice a rare kick or PE. I just buy what I like and what makes me happy but you gotta do what makes you happy I suppose. 

But then you wouldn't feel "cool" by busting out a fresh pair that hardly anyone has..... 
roll.gif

Lol sorry man, couldn't resist,  just giving you a hard time, no offense meant. All in fun.  I collect as well and don't really understand the "cool" factor because only about .01% of the population would even notice a rare kick or PE. I just buy what I like and what makes me happy but you gotta do what makes you happy I suppose. 
Never once said that every pair I own needs to be limited/special.  I have shoes I love that aren't worth squat (Atmos x Pony Slam Dunks, Way Of Wade 2.0's, etc)

..and you're a liar if you even elude to not wanting limited kicks.  

Quote:

I don't think he's saying he only wants a shoe if nobody else has it.  ...but, as collectors/enthusiasts/whatever you wanna call guys like us.....we do get a kick outta having shoes that aren't in EVERYONE'S stash.  Breaking out a pair of hard to get kicks does feel pretty cool...and there is a form of satisfaction involved there.

Also, you shouldn't be calling Dunks garbage.  The Dunk SB is a pretty quality shoe for the most part.  Quality varies, greatly, but a lot of them are very well put together...with solid materials.
I personally can't stand when I go out and see someone else with the same pair of shoes as me. That's why I STOP buying Jordans. 

Everyone's all about that "Wolf Grey 3's" that just dropped and I'm over here thinking like, yeah, and just like how the Carmine's are the new Grape 5's, everyone and their baby mama just wearing those shoes. I just think the Bred 11's are ruined too.

When I go out, I don't see anyone wearing King's Crown.  I don't see anyone wearing Gator Kings.  I will be proudly wearing the Elite SE's to the Gym. 

I will be posting up some great pictures of the Elite SE once it comes in.

Last edited:

...but this is the internet, where everyone has to be snarky af.  everyone's gonna over-analyze and twist the hell outta every word said.

lames... lol
Taking my comment wayyy to seriously man. Relax. All in fun like I said. And as I stated in my post, it doesn't matter to me if it's limited or not, If I like the shoe and actually get through, that is all the reward I need, whether it be a gr jordan or the mvp Xs.

And you stated what I quoted literally word for word lol, not much to analyze really.  Cant really call anyone "lame" when you get all excited over wearing a shoe that hopefully someone will notice and think more highly of you lol. 

roll.gif

^^^^^^ This

Quote:

I personally can't stand when I go out and see someone else with the same pair of shoes as me. That's why I STOP buying Jordans. 

Everyone's all about that "Wolf Grey 3's" that just dropped and I'm over here thinking like, yeah, and just like how the Carmine's are the new Grape 5's, everyone and their baby mama just wearing those shoes. I just think the Bred 11's are ruined too.

When I go out, I don't see anyone wearing King's Crown.  I don't see anyone wearing Gator Kings.  I will be proudly wearing the Elite SE's to the Gym. 

This is why i have also lost interest in Jordan's and have been moving more to the Lebron's and KD's...

Quote:

I live in a small town, so I never have a problem with seeing tons of other guys wearing the same kicks as me....but I think it'd get on my nerves if it happened a lot.  

...but here's the thing.  Most of us are huge fans of Nike...and I'd imagine the majority of folks on this forum have collections that consist mostly of Nikes.  That said, you're gonna have a really tough time standing out in the crowd if you wear Nike/Jordan shoes all the time.  If you want to be different, cop Puma, Saucony, Asics, Greats, Diadora, etc etc etc.  If you're walking around in some WestNYC x Saucony Cabin Fevers, I doubt you're gonna run into another guy with the same kicks as you....

And you shouldn't need sneakers to make yourself stand out or to be different. (No one cares what shoes you are wearing anyways, trust me, unless they are just beat to absolute hell)  But if that is what makes you happy, cool, no reason to resort to personal attacks.

I mean this in the humblest way possible but I body build, the shoes I'm wearing are the last thing people notice about me. And I don't really care if people notice them or not, bc who cares what other people, especially strangers in a damn mall, think about you. I was just having some fun with you, no need to take offense. 

Last edited:
As for buying limited shoes, I did, do and always will get a kick out of it.  There's a sort of high involved with actually getting them, first of all, because it's so difficult to do...and then there's the secondary satisfaction of knowing you have a shoe that stands out in a crowd.

...but again, I'm not one of those guys who acts like GRs are beneath him.  I've got tons of GR sneakers.  I bought a pair just the other day (black/gum LBJ XI lows).  I even pay full retail for a really expensive GR here and there (Kings Pride, Miami Nights and Everglades LBJ XI's would be the perfect example).  There are some really nice GR sneakers dropping on a regular basis.  Hell, the majority of the Jordan retros folks lose their minds over are nothing more than glorified GR shoes....and God knows I've bought more than my fair share of those over the years.

...but, honestly, I don't know how any guy in the sneaker hobby could say "I don't want to own any limited sneakers" and mean it.  I'd have to question whether that person's telling me the truth or not...because I can't grasp that concept.  It doesn't matter what hobby you're involved in, you're gonna want to own the more rare/expensive items...be it comic books, toys, ball cards or whatever.  Is there a ball card collector out there who wants the 1989 Topps baseball and 1989 Upper Deck baseball factory sealed sets equally?  There can't be....

Sorry if im late to the party but how is everyone getting these 20% ndc codes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom