Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters

And you shouldn't need sneakers to make yourself stand out or to be different. (No one cares what shoes you are wearing anyways, trust me, unless they are just beat to absolute hell)  But if that is what makes you happy, cool, no reason to resort to personal attacks.

I mean this in the humblest way possible but I body build, the shoes I'm wearing are the last thing people notice about me. And I don't really care if people notice them or not, bc who cares what other people, especially strangers in a damn mall, think about you. I was just having some fun with you, no need to take offense. 
Of course you shouldn't need sneakers...or clothes, jewelry, vehicles or anything else to make yourself stand out.  ...but I was speaking in terms of attire, pretty much exclusively there.  :tongue:

This is why i have also lost interest in Jordan's and have been moving more to the Lebron's and KD's...
Bluejean19 and chronicsneaker are starting a hypebeast club....and they are looking for people that like only limited shoes to join their club. Feel free to PM either of them for membership info. To join their club, you MUST NOT like any shoe that appealed to you as a child, any retro Jordan that Michael Jordan himself wore or any general release shoe from recent memory.  

Last edited:
Sorry if im late to the party but how is everyone getting these 20% ndc codes
I would like to know that too.  I got some seriously defective Jordan X retros and still had to argue with them to get a 20% code.  They originally wanted to give me free shipping (which I already get with 100% of my ndc orders anyway).

Sorry if im late to the party but how is everyone getting these 20% ndc codes
I'm assuming that there hacking into ndc and getting them.

I'm just surprised that nike is allowing them to use them and have been honoring them.

I'm scared to use them for fear of being banned or having my order canceled

not worth it in my opinion 

Last edited:

As for buying limited shoes, I did, do and always will get a kick out of it.  There's a sort of high involved with actually getting them, first of all, because it's so difficult to do...and then there's the secondary satisfaction of knowing you have a shoe that stands out in a crowd.

...but again, I'm not one of those guys who acts like GRs are beneath him.  I've got tons of GR sneakers.  I bought a pair just the other day (black/gum LBJ XI lows).  I even pay full retail for a really expensive GR here and there (Kings Pride, Miami Nights and Everglades LBJ XI's would be the perfect example).  There are some really nice GR sneakers dropping on a regular basis.  Hell, the majority of the Jordan retros folks lose their minds over are nothing more than glorified GR shoes....and God knows I've bought more than my fair share of those over the years.

...but, honestly, I don't know how any guy in the sneaker hobby could say "I don't want to own any limited sneakers" and mean it.  I'd have to question whether that person's telling me the truth or not...because I can't grasp that concept.  It doesn't matter what hobby you're involved in, you're gonna want to own the more rare/expensive items...be it comic books, toys, ball cards or whatever.  Is there a ball card collector out there who wants the 1989 Topps baseball and 1989 Upper Deck baseball factory sealed sets equally?  There can't be....
Im getting off topic and i apologize and not trying to single you out, but there are TONS of limited shoes I couldn't care less to own bc they are "limited." And the card analogy really doesn't fit bc cards are solely based off value. Shoes are, or should imo, be based on how they look TO YOU and how they fit your style. This hype and ridiculous prices are a new trend.  Or maybe just your favorite player but I still don't understand buying a shoe of your favorite player, even if its 1 of 1, if you think it's absolutely god awful looking. I personally just don't get the logic there, unless you want to complete a set or something. 

People are paying 10 k for the stewies and I wouldn't pay 200 for them, as an example. And again, you shouldn't need shoes to stand out man lol. Seriously no one cares.  How many jobs have they landed you? Girls? Advanced your career? Probably not many.

Charisma, intelligence, communication skills, looks, physique etc should be your separating factor, not shoe. But again, all opinion.  I love shoes, don't get me wrong, but the general population doesn't care. So I can't say I do not care to own any limited kicks, bc I have plenty in my collection. But I cherish them bc of what they mean to me, not how many were produced or what some dude may think of me on IG. 

We are just debating opinion **** anyways lol, kind of pointless, but its a forum right? 

-edit: missed your post about attire only, disregard paragraph 3 of my novel lol. We are all in this together anyways, we are a minority of a minority. 

Last edited:

Bluejean19 and chronicsneaker are starting a hypebeast club....and they are looking for people that like only limited shoes to join their club. Feel free to PM either of them for membership info. To join their club, you MUST NOT like any shoe that appealed to you as a child, any retro Jordan that Michael Jordan himself wore or any general release shoe from recent memory.  
lol 

my favorite jordan of all time is Playoff 8's because they were my first jordans and a gift from my father.

I would like to know that too.  I got some seriously defective Jordan X retros and still had to argue with them to get a 20% code.  They originally wanted to give me free shipping (which I already get with 100% of my ndc orders anyway).
That is just it...people are complaining about issues like that. Then people who have stockpiled them from their issues are selling them on ebay.

got tracking 
pimp.gif

I'm just surprised that nike is allowing them to use them and have been honoring them.

I would think that if Nike has a system in place to detect some types of bots and multiple orders, that they don't allow people to hack into their internal servers to generate promo codes. I have a family member who works in Nike customer service, and Nike is aware of the issues with the 10-15 calls they are getting daily with people complaining about their promo codes being used. Nike doesn't have a way of knowing if the person they issued the code to originally in turn gave/sold their code to someone and are just trying to get another code. So as their guidelines state, they dont reissue the codes, as they are non transferable one time use codes. With that being said, some at Nike are wondering if their customer service reps are taking down the codes they issue to customers and then selling the ones that aren't used initially. 

Last edited:

I would think that if Nike has a system in place to detect some types of bots and multiple orders, that they don't allow people to hack into their internal servers to generate promo codes. I have a family member who works in Nike customer service, and Nike is aware of the issues with the 10-15 calls they are getting daily with people complaining about their promo codes being used. Nike doesn't have a way of knowing if they gave their code to someone and are just trying to get another code. So as their guidelines state, they dont reissue the codes. With that being said, some at Nike are wondering if their customer service reps are taking down the codes they issue to people and then selling the ones that aren't used initially. 
yeah it just crazy.

saw so many post today of people puchasing the Lebron Elite se with 20% codes.

it's unreal 

Just got shipping confirmation on My son's pair and on my pair form Nike. I really thought our orders were going to be canceled since we each are having a pair shipped to our address. Now I can breath a sigh of relief.
well then looks like im gonna risk it for the biscuit  on the WTL release.  
wink.gif

Im getting off topic and i apologize and not trying to single you out, but there are TONS of limited shoes I couldn't care less to own bc they are "limited." And the card analogy really doesn't fit bc cards are solely based off value. Shoes are, or should imo, be based on how they look TO YOU and how they fit your style. This hype and ridiculous prices are a new trend.  Or maybe just your favorite player but I still don't understand buying a shoe of your favorite player, even if its 1 of 1, if you think it's absolutely god awful looking. I personally just don't get the logic there, unless you want to complete a set or something. 

People are paying 10 k for the stewies and I wouldn't pay 200 for them, as an example. And again, you shouldn't need shoes to stand out man lol. Seriously no one cares.  How many jobs have they landed you? Girls? Advanced your career? Probably not many.

Charisma, intelligence, communication skills, looks, physique etc should be your separating factor, not shoe. But again, all opinion.  I love shoes, don't get me wrong, but the general population doesn't care. So I can't say I do not care to own any limited kicks, bc I have plenty in my collection. But I cherish them bc of what they mean to me, not how many were produced or what some dude may think of me on IG. 

We are just debating opinion **** anyways lol, kind of pointless, but its a forum right? 

-edit: missed your post about attire only, disregard paragraph 3 of my novel lol
Man, I totally feel you.  There are tons and tons of sample/limited/friends & family shoes that I think are awful.  I definitely don't love all limited shoes.  Not by a long shot.

...and I really thought my ball card line was fitting.  

as for me linking sneakers to collecting something like ball cards or whatever...I do that because I do feel as if I'm a collector at this point.  ...and 99 outta 100 times I do buy what I like (on an added note, I'm not one of those guys who DOESN'T wear his shoes)  ...but, in cases like this LBJ XI low se....I honestly did buy the shoe just because it went into my cart.  I ended up liking the pair a whole lot more than I thought I would initially....but I'd be lying if I said I was hype for the colorway prior to release because I actually wanted to wear them...

yeah it just crazy.

saw so many post today of people puchasing the Lebron Elite se with 20% codes.

it's unreal 
People also will contact Nike on the weekend when their claims department is closed and tell them that they have a pair of shoes to send in and that they had issues with it. The phone rep will usually explain to them to go online and fill out a claim and mail the shoes in for inspection. Then alot of people will try and hit the rep up for a promo code for their new pair of shoes. Sometimes, depending on the customer service rep, they will do that.

nobody is hacking into nike servers just to steal promo codes! LMFAO

Man, I totally feel you.  There are tons and tons of sample/limited/friends & family shoes that I think are awful.  I definitely don't love all limited shoes.  Not by a long shot.

...and I really thought my ball card line was fitting.  

as for me linking sneakers to collecting something like ball cards or whatever...I do that because I do feel as if I'm a collector at this point.  ...and 99 outta 100 times I do buy what I like (on an added note, I'm not one of those guys who DOESN'T wear his shoes)  ...but, in cases like this LBJ XI low se....I honestly did buy the shoe just because it went into my cart.  I ended up liking the pair a whole lot more than I thought I would initially....but I'd be lying if I said I was hype for the colorway prior to release because I actually wanted to wear them...
I feel you man and see where you are coming from. I use to collect basketball cards as well, then the market crashed lol, but still made some great money off my exquisite lebron LLs and what not.  We can just agree to disagree on that lol. 

And I was a totally hypocrite on the lows lolol. I bashed them when pics surface, but then I saw my buddies in person.... Truly a unique and well designed shoe. (and I may own 5 lows total lol, just not usually a fan) I didn't even attempt on release date and now Im searching for a pair lol. How's the fit on them? TTS? The regular 11s seem to be a bit narrow (I'm a  size 12 in basically everything) but they are still a little tight. Do the lows run the same way or more TTS? Don't wanna drop 350+ on shoes that are too small lol, but it is easy money. (see, Im part of the problem I'm complaining about lololol, but truly has nothing to do with them being limited, I just like flamboyant shoes, get that from my mother I suppose) 

And I'm not one to resale, never really have any except a few doubles I ended up with, but I am a capitalist, and the people have driven the market to insane, honestly ridiculous prices. Cant fault the seller, I'm pissed at the people who pay those prices and generate the hype causing the shift in the demand curve. I just saw a pair of DS fruity pebbles sell for over 6k.... That shoe could be had for 2.5k 2-3 year back. Does it suck I miss releases because of resellers? Sure, but what can you do? Cant blame them really. 

lol

idk
I can assure you that no one is doing that. Atleast from what my family member that works at Nike says. He said it would be nearly impossible for that to happen. The codes are noted in their database when they are authorized by each representative. The company also keeps metrics on how many they issue per day as well as the complaint types the promos were issued for, in an effort to work with the executive resolutions teams on fixing the issues that caused the CSR's to issue the promo codes to begin with. From what I hear, if people keep stealing the codes from others or guessing them, Nike may be going towards a system where Nike issues the code directly into your nike online account and you have to be logged in under your account to use it. Its not set it stone, but that is an idea that is being tossed around at NDC HQ from what I hear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom