Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I don't think the Champ Xs and SE XIs were produced in the same numbers. Champ Xs released in significantly fewer places from what I remember. You basically didn't have much hope of getting them unless you had a bot or was connected.

significantly fewer places? how so? only HoH got this years shoes. HoH and Niketowns got pairs last year.
Niketowns did get the Champ X pack, but it was like 6 Niketown locations across the US. And I think only 12 HOHs got the Champ packs last year.

http://insider.nike.com/us/launch/lebron-x-celebration/
http://www.kicksonfire.com/2013/08/06/nike-lebron-10-celebration-pack-release-info/

They didn't release at Niketowns this year, but they did drop at 2-3x more HOH locations across the country. Maybe significantly wasn't the best word, but the XIs released at more locations overall.

I don't think the Champ Xs and SE XIs were produced in the same numbers. Champ Xs released in significantly fewer places from what I remember. You basically didn't have much hope of getting them unless you had a bot or was connected.

significantly fewer places? how so? only HoH got this years shoes. HoH and Niketowns got pairs last year.
Niketowns did get the Champ X pack, but it was like 6 Niketown locations across the US. And I think only 12 HOHs got the Champ packs last year.

http://insider.nike.com/us/launch/lebron-x-celebration/
http://www.kicksonfire.com/2013/08/06/nike-lebron-10-celebration-pack-release-info/

They didn't release at Niketowns this year, but they did drop at 2-3x more HOH locations across the country. Maybe significantly wasn't the best word, but the XIs released at more locations overall.

even with 2 x 3 more hoh locations, that's only a couple hundred pairs more MAX to go around. hoh locations only got about a FSR plus doubles of the common sizes.
a lot more did hit the floor tho compared to the X where a lot of packs slide out the backdoor and online was worse due to the bot craze being at its peak.

laugh.gif
if you really think this is sustainable.
People (including me) are crying broke by the constant releases and the constant price increases.
This shoe thing is a trend for a lot of people.
its a trend, that has someone stepping in, right when you or I decide we've had enough.  It will last as long as the trend of sneakers being the hip thing. It was a time when sneakers were not allowed in certain venues, now they're pretty much excepted everywhere, as long as the outfit is fitting, sneakers are ok...  But what goes up, must come down.. it'll be intriguing to see how far it comes down tho.

as for someone saying what is JB going to do after a few years since they have already retrod most OG jordans once or twice well simply the hype thing will shift from the jordan brand to nike with lebron and kobe retros especially lebron retros, already you can see people crying to nike please retro the lebron 1 etc and we all saw what happened with the prelude thing. Nike is a genious in marketing and the media thing instagram/facebook/twitter etc just helps em even more.

for sure nike is gonna launch a lebron prelude series in 1-3 years and starting retroing lebrons as well , propably half or most of these samples are gonna be limited hyped releases. Didnt kobe speak about retroing his shoes soon last year ? 

even with 2 x 3 more hoh locations, that's only a couple hundred pairs more MAX to go around. hoh locations only got about a FSR plus doubles of the common sizes.
a lot more did hit the floor tho compared to the X where a lot of packs slide out the backdoor and online was worse due to the bot craze being at its peak.
Yeah, that X pack release was brutal. All the stories coming out about how stores handled their releases, NikeDestroyer RSVPing multiples at Nike Lenox, Fernando at HOH selling on eBay, etc. Probably one of the worst releases I can remember.

Last edited:
The Lebron 11 "champ pack" highs and lows are the same numbers produced as last year's actual lebron 10 champ pack? That mean only 500 lows and 500 elites, because if I remember correctly, only 500 champ packs were sold last year.

A quick ebay search shows 200+ available for LeBron 11 Elite SE...even if you assume 25% of those are for the lows, that means 30% are for resale? Doesn't seem to add up if you ask me...

i really dont know but i think bigj is right...i think numbers were similar, jsut more pairs of this years "pack" actually hit the streets. i also think last years pack was more than 500. not much more, but more.

bigj505 bigj505 carolinafinest carolinafinest All Ready All Ready

I'm a little late to the party here but I'm tagging you guys as you guys did the most discussing on it, but I am leaning toward BigJ, and I'm guessing it has mostly to do with our age..

Nobody is saying that if the bubble "bursts" that Sneakerheads are going the way of the dinosaur...far from it. The OG's and newer heads (we all gotta start somewhere) that have a real LOVE of shoes will always be here, but the popularity that we see on the news and in the lines in front of HoH or whatever store, are all the new thundercats who somehow turned this into a fad. Gotta have this new J or LeBron, wait I can flip these and make a profit?! Kids/resellers are what is driving the hobby/fad..NOT the culture... as there is a difference.

So many of us here as I read this thread don't wanna pay the bloated reseller prices, so in a sense it's already started to burst. Many shoes are being sold closer to retail than the last say, 2-3 years. Every idiot thinks that every J released every other weekend is your next Concord, Big Bang, or Galaxy Foam. To them...it's a hobby...to the real heads who move the culture...we know what will sell because it has meaning or is an OG color like a true Black Infared 6 (just quick examples, you don't have to like it to know what I mean).

The older guys seem to be more selective when it comes to spending over retail for any shoe, or in a case like Memph, had to have the WTL and was willing to pony up WHAT HE DEEMED appropriate for that shoe. That's ok too. It has less to do with demand (in my eyes) and more with what people deem responsible prices. And with all the bots, raffles, captcha, and other crap we have to put up with in order to maybe even get a glimpse of said shoe...we'd rather keep our hard earned money and put it towards another pair elsewhere with little headache rather than the pockets of some snot nosed pimple faced kid who just traded his Pokemon cards for Jordan's.

I know a few new guys who have already bowed out after 2 years flipping yada yada...the thrill is gone I guess. And the more kids (not real resellers with connects etc) realize there's less to be made than originally thought, the more the pool will get thinned out. But that doesn't mean that someone else isn't going to take his place....

And yes...EVERYTHING changed with the Concords...the Big Bang/Galaxy craze just followed on it's coat tails.

bigj505 bigj505 carolinafinest carolinafinest All Ready All Ready

I'm a little late to the party here but I'm tagging you guys as you guys did the most discussing on it, but I am leaning toward BigJ, and I'm guessing it has mostly to do with our age..

Nobody is saying that if the bubble "bursts" that Sneakerheads are going the way of the dinosaur...far from it. The OG's and newer heads (we all gotta start somewhere) that have a real LOVE of shoes will always be here, but the popularity that we see on the news and in the lines in front of HoH or whatever store, are all the new thundercats who somehow turned this into a fad. Gotta have this new J or LeBron, wait I can flip these and make a profit?! Kids/resellers are what is driving the hobby/fad..NOT the culture... as there is a difference.

So many of us here as I read this thread don't wanna pay the bloated reseller prices, so in a sense it's already started to burst. Many shoes are being sold closer to retail than the last say, 2-3 years. Every idiot thinks that every J released every other weekend is your next Concord, Big Bang, or Galaxy Foam. To them...it's a hobby...to the real heads who move the culture...we know what will sell because it has meaning or is an OG color like a true Black Infared 6 (just quick examples, you don't have to like it to know what I mean).

The older guys seem to be more selective when it comes to spending over retail for any shoe, or in a case like Memph, had to have the WTL and was willing to pony up WHAT HE DEEMED appropriate for that shoe. That's ok too. It has less to do with demand (in my eyes) and more with what people deem responsible prices. And with all the bots, raffles, captcha, and other crap we have to put up with in order to maybe even get a glimpse of said shoe...we'd rather keep our hard earned money and put it towards another pair elsewhere with little headache rather than the pockets of some snot nosed pimple faced kid who just traded his Pokemon cards for Jordan's.

I know a few new guys who have already bowed out after 2 years flipping yada yada...the thrill is gone I guess. And the more kids (not real resellers with connects etc) realize there's less to be made than originally thought, the more the pool will get thinned out. But that doesn't mean that someone else isn't going to take his place....

And yes...EVERYTHING changed with the Concords...the Big Bang/Galaxy craze just followed on it's coat tails.

Word and will continue to be selective as I can't file those sneaker purchases just yet :lol:

it's all relative, there was no social media back then

no one is denying the shift, thinking it will get better is where I disagree

Back
Top Bottom