Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Speaking as a somewhat older guy with roughly 500 prs of shoes I have seen things change right around the SB8. I was able to go into stores the Sunday and Monday after the drop and get all I wanted of them. Ended up with 5 at retail (all sold except my one DS pr, can't wear a shoe with that color scheme) I was able to buy the IV & V for roughly $200-$250 in price. That was Fairfaxes, SVSM, CTK, OSU, Yankees. Hell I only paid $300 for superman 3. Now I can't get jack! At least not at the price I'm willing to pay. Things appear to be shifting back to low demand. I agree that everyone who are not a sneaker head jumped in to make a buck reselling, but it's harder now to make a good profit. Good for us though!

Def agree that the sb 8 REALLY put brons on the map. Dudes weren't really messing with brons that heavy before then.

I could have sworn I used to be able to casually walk into the mall and get retros post 99. Must be tripping :smh:
Guess them 5/18 packs I got for $99 at FTL and the 3/20 packa for $150 at Dtlr never happened.

they were selling $300 packages during a recession with one good shoe

c'mon now

You are the one that said all retros sold out after 99 which is comical.

I remember seeing almost every retro+ colorway sitting on shelves on sale. I also remember being able to just walk in and buy most retros that released well after the store opened.
I also remember seeing the white red 12 retro for $99 and the nubucks for the same price to at champs and Ndc respectively.

Last edited:
I run all my fresh shoes to the ground...try to keep em fresh as possible but eventually damage is inevitable...just like that first door ding on your car...its painful but it's just a shoe lol

the hype is real!

I was just on the nikestore and checked out the release calendar. What The Lebrons are coming out 9/13? Not sure how I missed this announcement. Pretty pumped! lol

I run all my fresh shoes to the ground...try to keep em fresh as possible but eventually damage is inevitable...just like that first door ding on your car...its painful but it's just a shoe lol

the hype is real!
Yea i dropped a tear when I saw the first scratch on my door. Idk about yal but it took my breath away.

I was just on the nikestore and checked out the release calendar. What The Lebrons are coming out 9/13? Not sure how I missed this announcement. Pretty pumped! lol

Thread title has said it for over a week now.

the hype is real!

Hard to do that if you can't wear them to the job and if your somewhat educated on quality issues. Glue stains are not a biggie but precreased or just oddly shaped bubbles are a no go. Good to see that you do wear your shoes it's just more of a hassle for me. I can't just do a white or black tee and viola new sneakers. But I would go as far as murder do with his matchy matchy obsession

I remember seeing almost every retro+ colorway sitting on shelves on sale. I also remember being able to just walk in and buy most retros that released well after the store opened.

nowhere did I say all retros sold out

the retros that people want always sell out

retro plus still don't sell out, people just don't leave their house

people use ndc as official nationwide shoe inventory

I see shoes at the store daily that are supposedly limited or sold out

the whole point I was making is that jordan popularity isnt going anywhere any time soon

this site was made off the popularity of shoes, I guess nike talks bubble will burst too very soon

Last edited:

nowhere did I say all retros sold out

the retros that people want always sell out

retro plus still don't sell out, people just don't leave their house

people use ndc as official nationwide shoe inventory

I see shoes at the store daily that are supposedly limited or sold out

the whole point I was making is that jordan popularity isnt going anywhere any time soon

:rofl: retro+ sell for more than of colors ways now for the most part.
See infra 23 6, fresh prince 5, fear pack 3,4,5 as examples.

roll.gif
retro+ sell for more than of colors ways now for the most part.
those fresh prince 5s were way too over hyped
mean.gif

:rofl: retro+ sell for more than of colors ways now for the most part.

you just named shoes most stores didn't even get

walk into a shoe store today and tell me which jordan you'll walk out with...a retro plus or an og

we'll just agree to disagree on this bubble topic.

Nike has been the top selling brand since, what?  the 80s (guessing)

they only hire brilliant people.  i think those brilliant ppl will find a way to keep the "trend" going

They dont make trends or keep them going the culture does

Naw. Concords started it. Galaxies continued on the momentum the galaxies started.
For Foams it was the Galaxy Hype.. it wasnt any hype on those metallic red ones.. but the galaxies... people were chanting like hoodlums "WE WANT FOAMS!!" "WE WANT FOAMS!!!"..

Eggplants Royals 2007,2010 never had that type of rally..lol
I say space jam 11s. I noticed an influx of retros coming out in a span never seen before. I would say the concord brought more of the none typical sneaker head into the fold and the space jams just kept old geezers like us in the hobby for a tad bit longer
The 2nd coming space jam 11's still wasnt much hype.. People wanted them.. but it wasnt anything near "Concord"-like.. Concords (white and black). I mean think.. Concords gave humans super human strength.. doors were torn off for a pair of shoes.. people hid in plants and bushes and bathrooms just to storm the Foot Locker gates for this shoe.. You would have thought it was drugs that gave them performance enhancements in those pairs of XI's..lmao

I don't see the sneaker game dying down for a while. I can stop buy J's you can too but then the next generation (jr high or high school) will start to buy them. And if nike or jordan are retroing a shoe once every 4-6 years or so they will be introducing it to new generation it will appeal to which will end up in another sell out. I wasn't around in the game when the space jams were retroed a few years back but I bet if they retro again next year it will sell out becuase the new generation didn't have a chance at it a few years ago. And yea I believe it started with the Concords cuz that was the very first jordan I tried to cop.

PS I know it was a bad example using the 11s but you get the drift

Last edited:

Yes I am patiently waiting for the XVI retro... need the bred's since i missed out when they first released and had to settle for the midnight navy blue... I wore them to the ground... good times
I snagged a VNDS pair for 200.. Re iced the sole.. and I'm quite a happy camper but i want the blue ones again.. but whew the prices just are too much for a working class citizen.. If i was wale id have em all..lol

The Get Money Boys were born.

What are we even talking about? Yesterday, it was coupons, today it's economics 101.

Is there a reason why Nike never threw the Elite Kobe's Highs, Lebron XI lows or KD Elites on ID? Guess there wasn't a market or too much trouble.

Once again, just asking a simple question. I know everyone's caught up reminiscing about the 90s and the shoe game before concords but Has anyone else been hit with back order on dsg before?

The Get Money Boys were born.

What are we even talking about? Yesterday, it was coupons, today it's economics 101.

Is there a reason why Nike never threw the Elite Kobe's Highs, Lebron XI lows or KD Elites on ID? Guess there wasn't a market or too much trouble.
I forgot about those dumbasses..lol I need to edit my post.. them dudes got fame off of that rachetness..lol

For Foams it was the Galaxy Hype.. it wasnt any hype on those metallic red ones.. but the galaxies... people were chanting like hoodlums "WE WANT FOAMS!!" "WE WANT FOAMS!!!"..
Eggplants Royals 2007,2010 never had that type of rally..lol

The 2nd coming space jam 11's still wasnt much hype.. People wanted them.. but it wasnt anything near "Concord"-like.. Concords (white and black). I mean think.. Concords gave humans super human strength.. doors were torn off for a pair of shoes.. people hid in plants and bushes and bathrooms just to storm the Foot Locker gates for this shoe.. You would have thought it was drugs that gave them performance enhancements in those pairs of XI's..lmao
lmao. The metallic red foams had some hype, I remember the huge line I was waiting in for them and ppl not getting their pair. But yes, nothing compares to that Galaxy foam and concord line rally and fights etc. Smh

Once again, just asking a simple question. I know everyone's caught up reminiscing about the 90s and the shoe game before concords but Has anyone else been hit with back order on dsg before?

Yes. Once, last year for the VB Kobe 8. I ended up getting the shoes. But back orders are a crap shoot sometimes.

I've been back ordered before and had the order fulfilled. I've seen cancellations too.

its a head scratcher to think that the numbers on this "championship elite" (lows too) were exactly the same as last years pack, the 11 was more popular among the masses than the X and just because LBJ lost in the finals...and that reason only is the difference between 400 resale and roughly 1300 for the X.
mean.gif
The Lebron 11 "champ pack" highs and lows are the same numbers produced as last year's actual lebron 10 champ pack? That mean only 500 lows and 500 elites, because if I remember correctly, only 500 champ packs were sold last year.

Back
Top Bottom