• Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
illmatic illmatic

That was the most pointless post of an article, especially if you're trying to get us to believe that the XI on the whole was a flop.

If you're just providing interesting reading, then ok, fine post...but this articel is a joke...reselling? We talkin bout reselling? As bigj505 bigj505 has stated, we've killed this topic on the WTL.

The article said people aren't willing to lay out top dollar...Of course not, they are still WIDELY available. End of story. They were produced in enough numbers that finally satisfied many customers.

Not much left to say. On the whole we all know the XI sold extremely well and hardly any pairs were tough to get except for the SE Lows and SE Elites. Blah blah blah...

For anybody who is curious on how Nike is actually doing in sales revenue...here's a great read someone sent to me.

http://www.thestreet.mobi/story/128...t-the-world-cup-phenomenon.html?kval=dontmiss

For anyone not into reading the whole article...here are a few excerpts that should tell you all you need to know regarding Nike and how they are doing and we are helping them...

Nike Threw Down a Powerful Dunk in the Face of Athletic Retailers

"The footwear and apparel giant reported net revenue of $7.98 billion compared to the Bloomberg consensus of $7.80 billion."

"Nike's profits benefited from demand for higher-margin basketball sneakers, [COLOR=#red]rising average selling prices, and continued sales gains in direct to consumer channels such as online and stand-alone stores."[/COLOR]

"The broad-based strength of Nike's quarter and future orders sheds light on how demand for athletic apparel and basketball footwear continues to drive the business outside of the World Cup."

"Foot Locker , which gets about 8% of its sales from Nike, noted on its second-quarter earnings call in August that basketball sales rose by a "high-teens" percentage, with the running category up by a "mid-single digit" percentage."

The bold blue quote should tell you all you need to know...

Last edited:
illmatic illmatic

That was the most pointless post of an article, especially if you're trying to get us to believe that the XI on the whole was a flop.

If you're just providing interesting reading, then ok, fine post...but this articel is a joke...reselling? We talkin bout reselling? As bigj505 bigj505 has stated, we've killed this topic on the WTL.

The article said people aren't willing to lay out top dollar...Of course not, they are still WIDELY available. End of story. They were produced in enough numbers that finally satisfied many customers.

Not much left to say. On the whole we all know the XI sold extremely well and hardly any pairs were tough to get except for the SE Lows and SE Elites. Blah blah blah...

Bingo.

bigj505 bigj505

Check out my edited post...you will like the bullet points as well as the entire read.

Trust me. I already know what's good especially when I read the cliff notes you provided.

Dummies think a model flops because it's not a sellout for every release.
People want to condescend resellers whenever possible even though they don't know what they are talking about.

Nikes winning because they are selling massive quantities of high priced shoes.
WTL sold out for $250 across the board due to past hype for the What The series being so exclusive.

Win win win win win

Dummies also fail to realize that the jordan 9 still sells out and he was retired that season. At least bron world the xi at one point or another.

Finally, people also love to point out that bron didn't wear the XI much but fail to acknowledge the fact that brons feet are furred up to a whole nother level.

@bigj505 & @Dc30 - nice ownage
roll.gif

Well put @Dc30  and @bigj505.  

Other companies would kill for that $300 million in sales for one shoe model, yet because every single GR colorway didn't have a line outside for days it's a flop.  And since when does NIke give a $hit about resellers/resale price...they make their money independently from that market, so the the fact that the article even mentions that shows what ridiculous logic it was based upon.  

dwoodactennis dwoodactennis Exactly!

I'm not calling anybody here a "hypebeast" by any means...but there are so many that post here that call any shoe release that doesn't sell out on Day 1, a flop...IMO that thinking is exactly "hypbeast" mentality. A shoe's success is directly correlated to it's "sell out" power.

When in actuality, so many of the sell out pairs are grabbed by resellers, that don't make it into the hands of actual consumers who want the shoe to wear/collect, etc. So in that regard, even "sell outs" aren't great barometers of a shoe's popularity. In very loose terms however.

Last edited:
The sellout factor is probably what helps drives some sales too and why websites are doing the phantom sell outs these days.
Nike Eastbay citygear etc all show sold out 99% of the time even when products area still available. It creates a false sense of insecurity for those that were waivering on the purchase and makes them scramble to purchase vs letting them sit and go on sale.

I like the 11's, hype or no hype these are one of my favorite shoes. Just a shame I couldn't snag a pair of the WTLs to finish off my collection.

I like the 11's, hype or no hype these are one of my favorite shoes. Just a shame I couldn't snag a pair of the WTLs to finish off my collection.
Def sucks since you were on board from day 1. Just keep your eyes open. You never know when that pair will show up for the right price.

I'm still looking for a pair of WTL, but I know they are out there. I think The7onius The7onius is in that rare size 7 boat though if I remember correctly. So I can understand him waiting for the right deal.

@illmatic

If you're just providing interesting reading, then ok, fine post...but this articel is a joke...reselling? We talkin bout reselling? As @bigj505 has stated, we've killed this topic on the WTL.

For anybody who is curious on how Nike is actually doing in sales revenue...here's a great read someone sent to me.

http://www.thestreet.mobi/story/128...t-the-world-cup-phenomenon.html?kval=dontmiss

For anyone not into reading the whole article...here are a few excerpts that should tell you all you need to know regarding Nike and how they are doing and we are helping them...

Nike Threw Down a Powerful Dunk in the Face of Athletic Retailers

"The footwear and apparel giant reported net revenue of $7.98 billion compared to the Bloomberg consensus of $7.80 billion."

"Nike's profits benefited from demand for higher-margin basketball sneakers, rising average selling prices, and continued sales gains in direct to consumer channels such as online and stand-alone stores."

"The broad-based strength of Nike's quarter and future orders sheds light on how demand for athletic apparel and basketball footwear continues to drive the business outside of the World Cup."

"Foot Locker , which gets about 8% of its sales from Nike, noted on its second-quarter earnings call in August that basketball sales rose by a "high-teens" percentage, with the running category up by a "mid-single digit" percentage."

The bold blue quote should tell you all you need to know...
Didn't bother reading your thesis, but at the end of the day the WTL was a flop for RESELLERS. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

Moral of the day: stop reselling shoes and find a real job

Last edited:
Lol you hate resellers more than I do.. I don't think resellers anticipated the numbers of production, my size is listed for over 700 because they were only released in europe. The 4 people I contacted said I was trying to low ball them when I offered a little over 300 so they can sit on the pairs and go to hell.

Back
Top Bottom