Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I think the gammas will be  a lot of peoples consolation prize when they strike out on the fi's 
nerd.gif

Im good off the gammas. I love that shade of blue but something is off to me. Overall I've only been impressed by the FI. Mainly since I'm in love with Big Bangs. Hopefully we see a few more colorways in the coming weeks. Seems like the 11s are dropping a lot slower than the 10s

I think it's funny how tons of players like JR Smith, Nick Young and Nate Robinson play in whatever random shoe that's hot at the time,

But dudes on NikeTalk act like a shoe is unplayable based on its traction pattern.

It's like some of you amateur YMCA rec league players are more hung up on "tech specs" and performance than the actual pros are.

...or maybe we just got a bunch of dudes regurgitating YouTube performance reviews to sound knowledgeable for rep points.

Lol
100% Agreed.

I feel like people get all caught up in ratings that shoes get from people like Nightwing2303, and base their decisions only on what he says.  

I doubt these people are good at bball at all, if they need the perfect shoe to perform well.  I guess their mentality is "If my game sucks, at least my shoes will look nice."

I currently play in some $70 Nike Hyperfuse Lows, and they perform great.  Traction is very good, lockdown is nice, cushioning is there.

One of the best people at the gym I play at used to play in Converse Chuck Taylors, and he still owned.  

100% Agreed.

I feel like people get all caught up in ratings that shoes get from people like Nightwing2303, and base their decisions only on what he says.  

I doubt these people are good at bball at all, if they need the perfect shoe to perform well.  I guess their mentality is "If my game sucks, at least my shoes will look nice."

I currently play in some $70 Nike Hyperfuse Lows, and they perform great.  Traction is very good, lockdown is nice, cushioning is there.

One of the best people at the gym I play at used to play in Converse Chuck Taylors, and he still owned.  

Just my 2 cents. While I agree that people get caught up and ratings and etc, some of these pro athletes don't have to pay the price for shoes that some of us recreational ballers do. Not saying they get everything for free but I know some of these athletes do in fact get shoes, etc for free. Even if they do pay, it's pretty "cheap" compared to common folk like myself having to dish out $200+ for a pair of performance shoes. DIshing out $200 might not mean much to pro athletes but to the young male who probably can't afford to buy numerous pairs, you want to know if you're dishing out $200+ for a shoe that you're getting everything that you want in a shoe. Just providing the other side of the opinion. While I do think some people are picky in it, I can understand given the price point and what people's expectations are. That being said, looking forward to playing in my away's real soon.

100% Agreed.

Problem with these guys is they start getting free product from companies and give shoes a favorable spin to keep the product coming in. 

Unless the person plays the same style as you, at the same weight with the same foot shape its almost useless. 

Just my 2 cents. While I agree that people get caught up and ratings and etc, some of these pro athletes don't have to pay the price for shoes that some of us recreational ballers do. Not saying they get everything for free but I know some of these athletes do in fact get shoes, etc for free. Even if they do pay, it's pretty "cheap" compared to common folk like myself having to dish out $200+ for a pair of performance shoes. DIshing out $200 might not mean much to pro athletes but to the young male who probably can't afford to buy numerous pairs, you want to know if you're dishing out $200+ for a shoe that you're getting everything that you want in a shoe. Just providing the other side of the opinion. While I do think some people are picky in it, I can understand given the price point and what people's expectations are. That being said, looking forward to playing in my away's real soon.

most people i know who really can hoop take off their "high performance" shoes and put on their shoes from academy

but it's also known that pro athletes get millions because they sacrifice their bodies every game and every day of training

they also get millions because they make alotta other people billions and keep alotta people employed

most of the money they make is from sponsorships selling people dreams which comes back to the illusion of a basketball super shoe

truth of the matter is there is nothing out there that can stop you from feeling the wear and tear of a full 82 game season, either you're mentally and physically built for it or you're not

I would be very surprised if these end up online only but we'll see how it plays out. Im copping in store so I'm really hoping my local HoHs still receive them. Got a yes from one of them, then a no the next day. the other one has said call wednesday and then they havent heard anything
I wouldnt be, have you heard of any niketowns getting them?  there is no way these shoes will release in an HOH before they release in a niketown.. most likely Nike has said this is an online only release.. 

I feel like the FI are coming out in HOH's the guy i talked to said first come first serve, then said call back Wednesday. I guess they don't wanna release info. Releases like this just happen without warning.

Just got off the phone with HoH. Manager said over a conference call that they will be online only.

Guess online is the only option for now... If I fail, that's $275 saved for me and I'll get over it when I cop the Gammas.

Back
Top Bottom