Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
The more I look, the more I like some of the leaked colorways. I'll definitely grab at least one pair for playing.

Also, do the athletes actually have any say in the pricing? Sometimes people saying the price is too high will say that lebron is killing people with these prices, but I figured Nike is solely responsible for choosing the price.

The more I look, the more I like some of the leaked colorways. I'll definitely grab at least one pair for playing.

Also, do the athletes actually have any say in the pricing? Sometimes people saying the price is too high will say that lebron is killing people with these prices, but I figured Nike is solely responsible for choosing the price.
I don't think athletes have much if a say because look at the KD line. KD said he didn't want his shoe being more than a $100 but the KD V and VI are above $100. Many times when making a shoe the more you add onto it the more the price will raise.

I don't think athletes have much if a say because look at the KD line. KD said he didn't want his shoe being more than a $100 but the KD V and VI are above $100. Many times when making a shoe the more you add onto it the more the price will raise.

It's been an issue before with athlete wanting lower retail price on own nike sig shoe:
CHRIS WEBBER CALLS TIME OUT ON NIKE SHOE DEAL
Published November 5, 1996
The Bullets Chris Webber has "severed ties" with Nike because he says the company "refuses" to lower the price of its basketball shoe named after him, according to Frank Hughes of the WASHINGTON TIMES. Webber's three-year deal with Nike recently ran out, and his agent, Fallasha Erwin, said that they would not negotiate a new deal because Nike "insisted" they continue to charge $140 for the CWebb shoe, more than any other sneaker on the market. Erwin said he and Webber disagree with Nike's idea to target inner-city youths in an attempt to begin buying trends that move to the suburbs. Erwin said they also didn't like the idea that the shoe could create violence between kids who had the shoe, and those who couldn't afford it. Webber: "How can I charge that [price] for my shoe when I speak to all those inner-city kids and preach to them? How can my shoe cost more than
Michael Jordan's?" Nike had no comment. Erwin said with no contract, Nike cannot manufacture or sell the CWebb. Since the deal ran out, Webber has been wore Converse's All-Star 2000. Erwin has called Converse about an endorsement, but Converse has not called back. For now, Webber blackens out the logo (WASHINGTON TIMES, 11/5).

nice read and highly admirable. i had no idea to be honest

I disagree. He could have used that $140 shoe as motivation for the inner city youths he cared so much about to go to college and get a good job so that they would be able to afford nice things.

There's nothing wrong with high priced shoes guys. It's called capitalism which has made this the most prosperous country in the world. If you can't afford them, don't buy them. It's not a necessity.

but as a role model to the kids, who he interacts with directly.... i can understand exactly what his motivation was.

true... but the other shoes over 200, like foams and barkley posites, people wear casually more than to ball in. 200 seems like a lot to ball in and destroy
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Then you got it backwards. Basketball shoes are meant to be more expensive than casual shoes because there's more built into the shoe for harder impact use.

I disagree. He could have used that $140 shoe as motivation for the inner city youths he cared so much about to go to college and get a good job so that they would be able to afford nice things.

There's nothing wrong with high priced shoes guys. It's called capitalism which has made this the most prosperous country in the world. If you can't afford them, don't buy them. It's not a necessity.

Way overly simplistic view of capitalism. Yes it's been the engine of untold prosperity, but there is an inherent evil to it, too, because of its tendency to run out of control and run roughshod over many, many people as it does. I believe in it, but there's too much philistinism in most people's defense of it, that's all.

..and I'll STILL grab some XI's, because the "just don't buy it" thing doesn't work to change a whole industry, only a mass boycott could do that. I want the shoes, and I want to pay a more fair price. Nothing wrong with that. Shoes are a passion, so I'm gonna keep buying and complaining at the same time. As for defending high prices as an incentive to poorer kids to work harder in school, etc...lol

Back
Top Bottom