Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
New pics have me all in on the ASG's, really digging the white hyperposite and the sole.   Super glad Nike didn't throw on a glow in the dark sole, the one they chose is different and much better.  I could really do without the glow in the dark altogether, does nothing for me. 

Last edited:
all of the barkley posites had gitd soles and minus the asg all were regular releases and not limited heck you can find some on sale, at the same time 2pr had 3m with the gitd asg and Godzilla's/suns but I didn't buy those shoes for the gitd nor the 3m and don't buy shoes because of a feature or because its limited, if I like the design then i'm buy it regardless of what nike/adidas/reebok/fila has added

I wasn't saying every single shoe with gitd is super limited I was talking about more sought after shoes like the ASG XI's having gitd on them or the Yezzy's, Galaxy Foamposites, Galaxy Zoom Rookies, Raygun/Area 72 pack. All of these shoes where hyped up & instant sell outs, and make no mistake the Barkley Posites where suppose to be one of those all sell out shoes also but people didn't gravitate to the shoe as anticipated and after the Rayguns & The Eggplant version the shoe started to die down maybe due to the price tag or not being worn by a Signature Athlete

Chill, 3M is and always will be dope.

GITD has and always will be a gimmick.

personal opinion?

3M is also a gimmick considering its usage over the years.

I guess maybe on basketball sneakers, but for running sneakers 3M actually serves a purpose.

GITD on sneakers has always been ridiculous to me.

What's next? GITD wind breakers and tech jackets?

Those would sell out instantly, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't saying every single shoe with gitd is super limited I was talking about more sought after shoes like the ASG XI's having gitd on them or the Yezzy's, Galaxy Foamposites, Galaxy Zoom Rookies, Raygun/Area 72 pack. All of these shoes where hyped up & instant sell outs, and make no mistake the Barkley Posites where suppose to be one of those all sell out shoes also but people didn't gravitate to the shoe as anticipated and after the Rayguns & The Eggplant version the shoe started to die down maybe due to the price tag or not being worn by a Signature Athlete
but it was the limited tag that made those shoes hype not the gitd, forging irons didn't have any glow, just a limited tag and lace lock, limited tag will always cause more hype than a gitd or 3m tag
3m on non running shoes?

Gimmick unless u running marathons in your raging bulls
I couldn't have put that better
roll.gif

but it was the limited tag that made those shoes hype not the gitd, forging irons didn't have any glow, just a limited tag and lace lock, limited tag will always cause more hype than a gitd or 3m tag

I couldn't have put that better :rofl:  

I personally wouldn't put the "Forging Irons" in the same category as the Yeezy's, Galaxy Foamposites, or the Galaxy pack, but who truly cares, you got it, you win! Gitd doesn't cause any type of hype to a shoe whatsoever....

Last edited:
I once heard Jordan say he requested 3m on his V's so when the camera flash went off in game, his signature shoe would light up and stand out to the fans.

...If that isn't the definition of gimmick I don't know what is lol.

The problem is no one wants to admit to be in love with the gimmicks.

I'll never buy a shoe because of 3m or GITD, but when I'm in a nightclub and wearing 3m shoes or laces, I'm like a toddler entertained by my own feet. Lol

Just about every aspect of the "sneaker game" is gimmick, no need to be ashamed of it.

Last edited:
I once heard Jordan say he requested 3m on his V's so when the camera flash went off in game, his signature shoe would light up and stand out to the fans.

I'll never buy a shoe because of 3m or GITD, but when I'm in a nightclub and wearing shoes or laces, I'm like a toddler entertained by my own feet. Lol

Just about every aspect of the "sneaker game" is gimmick, no need to be ashamed of it.

so much truth right here....

I would do the SLH over the ASG's any day and the ASG's are $250. $250 FOR WHAT??? The ASG's almost look boring to me & that gitd means nothing to me
two fiddy? :smh: Has this been confirmed, thought last year's was only a 20$ mark up!

I'll never buy a shoe because of 3m or GITD, but when I'm in a nightclub and wearing shoes or laces, I'm like a toddler entertained by my own feet. Lol

yup. people are too worried about looking cooler than the next guy because he likes "gimmicks" and you don't. fundamentally, shoes are functional, so buying shoes that are endorsed by athletes, made by certain brands, etc. is buying into a gimmick. any outsider of the sneaker community who just buys the most comfortable and affordable neutral colored shoes (lots of people) would look at the very existence of this message board as a gimmick machine. being elitist and nitpicking within our bubble is just silly.

moving on. shoulee81 put some natural sunlight pics of the SLH's up and the accent is clearly pink. it's a nice touch. will probably cop.

yup. people are too worried about looking cooler than the next guy because he likes "gimmicks" and you don't. fundamentally, shoes are functional, so buying shoes that are endorsed by athletes, made by certain brands, etc. is buying into a gimmick. any outsider of the sneaker community who just buys the most comfortable and affordable neutral colored shoes (lots of people) would look at the very existence of this message board as a gimmick machine. being elitist and nitpicking within our bubble is just silly.

Repped.

I think people sometimes forget how silly this whole thing is.

It's a fine hobby and every man needs one.

But it's no more dignity in this than any other hobby lol

ASG are nice. i love that there is a design on the sole, liner, and tongue but the rest of the shoe is clean.

still dont love the shape on the xi but will have to get at least one pair.

Âsg clean bhm must copp status..... That's bout it.... Them honeycomb look good but m on the hunt for the Miami nights I don't think both are necessary....

@pelimpe  I agree. I need all stars and bhm. I kinda liked the graffitis at first but now i'm probably passing. They just look a little too sloppy for me.

Naw, a gimmick is "feature" added to a shoe that adds nothing to it IMO. GITD is 100% a gimmick. Those cool boxes, are a gimmicks.all stuff in that realm.

Lunar foam and such are not gimmicks. They actually work and are lighter.

One of my favorite shoes of last year was made out of (artificial) cork, that was a HUGE gimmick, but doesn't change the fact that it was a dope shoe.  There is nothing wrong with "gimmicks" we all like them to some degree, and everything has them (electronics, vehicles, clothing, shoes, etc.) 

Back
Top Bottom