• Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Tempted to grab them aways, but let me see what's up with the fi's first 

This.....I'm surprised we don't have a release date yet smh it's messing up my strategy for what I want to grab or wait on, I guess once Nike sees how the Aways sell they'll drop the release date for the FI's, Nike can't have everyone passing on the Aways if they know the FI's are gonna drop 2 weeks later then they would definitely sit like all the previous Away colorways of pass models no matter how limited they're supposed to be lol

Last edited:
It wasn't the XIs themselves that were bothering him... It was the fact that they were a GR colorway. That sh*t grosses him out lol. He only feels at home in PE's.
That made me laugh out loud!

Saw the Aways at FL can't purchase till Friday but they are fire

I am trying to restrain myself from copping the aways tomorrow, but when it comes to shoes I am weak, so I will probably just get them but I really wanted to save some money for the forging irons and carbon fibers too

I played about 6 games in kp still didn't get a solid feel for traction. My 8v2 after a year of wearing them I finally felt the floor was sticky.

Also I don't like the laces on the 11. They feel like ropes.
cosign all of this in relation to the XIs. shoelaces are definitely a step up. but traction is still up in the air. i wear my Xs now and i have damn near no grip anymore. but the XIs are pretty good, just dont like their feel very much on court.

I couldn't accurately capture the color of the aways with my camera, so for those that won't be able to see them in person, this picture seems the most accurate to me:
now that is a pretty accurate photo. good job.

First post up here on NT. I picked up the Terracotta's about a week ago. The 3m really sticks out on the shoe but especially is cool on the Swoosh/tongue logo. A lot of people hate on the XI but I am very pleasantly surprised by them. I don't ball- at all. I am a 28 year old high school coach that just enjoys wearing different shoes that express my individuality, but the "wearable" comfort of these are really nice. Here are a couple of really subpar pictures. I live on a farm so I don't have a scenic place to show them off, haha.
man...these TWs are starting to look like a pair i might need to have. But itll be a decision made in person. The 3m hits are throwing me off in pictures.

its taking a lot for me not to cop the Aways. Im never a fan of black/red lebrons because they seem so boring to me. These are haunting me. $200 plus tax though sucks 
tired.gif

The way folks talkin about what shoes are needed for a damn pick up game, id swear yall was some well tuned athletic freaks. Dudes switchin shoes mid game like thier favorite ball player is hilarious, probably the type of guys to have an "off" game if they're not wearin thier "Iverson" sleeve. Some of the greats played in chucks! Now i know shin splits are a whole 'nother story but if you feel like a shoe cant support your lateral quickness while you crab dribble to a hop step just to shoot a brick I gotta call BS.

The way folks talkin about what shoes are needed for a damn pick up game, id swear yall was some well tuned athletic freaks. Dudes switchin shoes mid game like thier favorite ball player is hilarious, probably the type of guys to have an "off" game if they're not wearin thier "Iverson" sleeve. Some of the greats played in chucks! Now i know shin splits are a whole 'nother story but if you feel like a shoe cant support your lateral quickness while you crab dribble to a hop step just to shoot a brick I gotta call BS.
laugh.gif
you make everyone sound like theyre butt-cheeks at hoopin

I'm 195 and I can't play in the Kobe 8 at all.

But then again I have a ton of knee issues so I'm sure weight has less to do with it than just personal preference.

XDR wont matter to you at all then
Just curious how heavy are you bro? I hear alot of that balling in lunarlon makes your knees hurt but i have yet to experience it

I am 6'1 225lbs.

If my legs are super fresh, I can do KB8 for a few pickup games. But I also have shin splints, which flare up more for me if I don't have more cushion...

Have any of yall experienced knee pain in these lebrons, i like the normal guy have only one pair of KPs and im not trying to murder them in ball

I personally like the kicks to wear them. they kinda bother me when playing in them. ill stick to kobe's on the court. but never the less dope shoes hes releasing.

That's the beauty of physics. They apply to everyone whether you're a superstar athlete or a rec league warrior.

I know when I played in rec leagues I would for sure bring an extra pair if I was breaking in a new hoop shoe.

Aways look so good in pics. Trying to show restraint. $200 a pop means I have to be selective in my choices... carbon
No KP for you?  
naw not for now. I'm really not happy with the price point so I'm trying to limit the purchases. i do admit, i am very tempted because i like the shoe. $200 a pop is not cool for me tho.
I've never had an XDR shoe before. What's it all about? Just a slightly harder rubber outsole? I'll only be wearing them casually so it really doesn't matter to me. In fact, if the sole lasts longer that's just another plus.

XtraDurableRubber

Pretty much made for china outdoor balling since there aren't many indoor courts. You are right tho, wouldn't really matter for casual wear.

I've had a lot less leg soreness after playing in the 11s.  I thinks it's the perfect amount of cushioning, mind you I'm 6'7" 250lbs.

I am 6'1 225lbs.

If my legs are super fresh, I can do KB8 for a few pickup games. But I also have shin splints, which flare up more for me if I don't have more cushion...
Are you sure the shin splints are from the shoes?  I find they are more related to training habits and consistency of training.  I can understand doing anything necessary to avoid them though.

With every picture of the TW. i have more and more of a need to pick them up early but wont becuase one i dont play that fake/unauthorized mess and I not trying to pay more than retail

Are you sure the shin splints are from the shoes?  I find they are more related to training habits and consistency of training.  I can understand doing anything necessary to avoid them though.

Dunno, but I know I can play longer in a air max lebron than the kobes. I'm sure its different for everyone though...

Back
Top Bottom