Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I balled in the Team Elites a few weeks ago, thought the same thing about the heel, those rubber dots that cover the inside of the heel are very effective, surprisingly.  I didn't care for the weight distribution and the transition of the Elites, felt so stiff to me, more so than the XI's right out of the box, but that could just be me, and it could be because I played all winter in regular XI's.  But I do agree with you on the lockdown, was improved a bit. 
with that being said would u prefer elite xi over xi for hoops?

with that being said would u prefer elite xi over xi for hoops?
I wrote a little "review" that I posted on here a while ago when I got them, but basically the fit didn't match up as well for me in the Elites, they felt a tad longer in the toe box, which made them feel a little long on foot, especially when transitioning from heel to toe in them, the heel was better, more "gripping" and secure, but the shoe itself felt very "plastic" on foot to me, didn't feel soft through the mid section like regular XI's do when the shoe is at it's flexing point.  I know some people thought regular XI's were "stiff" and harsh right out of the box, but I really didn't experience that much of a "break in" period on all of mine, for my feet they worked pretty darn good from day 1 on court, so maybe it was just the way they fit me.  I definitely prefer the XI's over the Elites on court, but that's totally personal preference, Elites may work well for some.  The traction on the Elites is slightly better, along with the heel lockdown.  But for casual wear, I'm sure Elites will work perfectly fine for most.  Hero's do look great, even the GS version Pattie was rocking looked really nice. 

Last edited:

I balled in the Team Elites a few weeks ago, thought the same thing about the heel, those rubber dots that cover the inside of the heel are very effective, surprisingly.  I didn't care for the weight distribution and the transition of the Elites, felt so stiff to me, more so than the XI's right out of the box, but that could just be me, and it could be because I played all winter in regular XI's.  But I do agree with you on the lockdown, was improved a bit.
I didn't notice the stiffness, but I'm a heavier dude, so there is that.

In other news, KD won the MVP so Nike needs to just send us our shoes.

Are the WTL still "globally" available as they claim or did it change to select stores?

Is there any news in the KC's? Those are the only EXT's I feel are worth copping

Just spoke to a nike rep about the 2k14. They said there was an update 10min ago and they are informed they will not ship til sometime in June now. 
sick.gif

Take it for what its worth...

Mario: Hi, my name is Mario. How may I help you?Lewi: hiLewi: do u know when the 2k14 lebrons will ship?Mario: I will be happy to assist you.Mario: They will be shipping in sometime in June but I do not have a specific date.Lewi: 2 days ago I was told may 6, then yesterday I was told for sure in May. What is the deal with the conflicting info?Mario: We just got an update literally 10 minutes go about this situation.

I'm sure I'll be salty when the 2K's come in and they are freaking awesome looking, but right now I'm actually glad I didn't get a pair because this waiting game would have driven me insane...the constant set backs...and I have zero patience to begin with. 

I figured they won't ship until June since there's three releases in May. Would be nice to get it over with but if we gotta wait what can you do. I'm somewhat of a patient person so I can wait as long as it's amazing. if not, that's okay too lol

Last edited:
this 2K14 shoe is getting borderline ridiculous. I know were getting a limted hyped up shoe but i think a coupon code or some sort of % off is needed at this point. 

Its pretty sad that we have to get answers by asking customer service question, Why cant NIKE as the billion dollar company they are just give us a detailed answer on what the hold up is or just be upfront about it. 

I've lost nearly all interest in the 2k14s by now..

7 months to ship a shoe without any details at all for these who ordered..

Just another failure in the story of the Lebron XI..

This has to be the most poorly executed collab nike has ever done. 6 month wait is absurd...

I'm over it, my lease expires at the end of this month and I will be at my parents house over the summer on summer vacation 12 hours away from my apartment and Nike won't even let me change the shipping address on my order. Nike is trash, I'm done with their BS. If I'm going to pay $300+ for a pair of sneakers would rather just add some dough and cop some sneakers that are made using high quality material, don't chip after two wears, and don't have glue marks on them 7/10 orders.

Phil Knight is trash for letting Nike come to this.

Back
Top Bottom