Legit check on 2 pairs of Pewter Foamposites (I've been tricked!)

What's up guys,

It looks like I've finally been got.  My brother and I have bought something like 50 pairs between us over the past year and a half off eBay, NT and ISS.  We once each got a fake pair of Grinch Kobe VIs.  We didn't care though because we knew the price was way too good to be true and the eBay auction was set to accept returns.  The moment we got them, we opened the box, took some pictures for fun, laughed and boxed them up for a return hahaha.

But now, I'm not as protected as the eBay returns policy.  Sad to say but it seems a fellow NTer has sold me fakes and I'm going to have to go through PayPal to dispute it.  I just need your guys' help first.

I bought two pairs of Pewters over the last 2-3 weeks from NTers.  When the second pair came today, I knew something was off right away.  The two pairs (box included) look completely different.  One must be fake.  I need help confirming which one.  I'm pretty sure that pair 2 is fake.  In the pics below, you'll see a series of pics of pair 1 (the pair I think is legit), a series of pics of pair 2 (the pair i think is fake) and a few pics of the shoes together (in these pics pair 2, the suspected fake, is on the right).  In those last few pics, you can really clearly see that the pair on the right looks dull and smooth as if someone tried to smooth out the ridges in the foam lmao.

Onto the pics:

Pair 1 - (Obviously correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the pair I think is legit):

------------------------------------------------------------

Pair 2 - (This is the pair I think is fake):

These are some pics of the pairs together.  The pair I think is fake is on the right:

I appreciate all of your help.  Thanks everyone.

Tony

I know this isn't in the right forum and will be move.
But from what I see both foam are legit.
Only difference I see is the molding in the right fade off, while the left is intact.
My only explanation, right pair was purchase off an early release site.
While the left was purchase from an authorize store.

Originally Posted by jayem

I know this isn't in the right forum and will be move.
But from what I see both foam are legit.
Only difference I see is the molding in the right fade off, while the left is intact.
My only explanation, right pair was purchase off an early release site.
While the left was purchase from an authorize store.

Ah, $%^&, I did put it in the wrong section lol.  Sorry mods, can you please move this to the Nike Fake Check section?  Thanks!

And thanks to you too jayem.

The shape and carbon fiber on both look good. the only thing i can think is what he said above me, one might be early release.

Thanks RetroJoe.  Can a mod please move this to the Nike Fake Check section!  Thank you!

To reiterate, IMO both pairs look real to me. Font & print on the shoetag IMO is a little sloppy, but as others have stated. the CF section is the dead give-away whether or not it's a fake.

Also, the tight pattern (smooth ridging) on the Foamposite material as well as the clean weave of the heel padding points them towards being real.

Most of the time, counterfeiters don't take those extra finishing steps & their "product" always looks off in those respects.

I appreciate everyone's replies. So I guess the one with the smooth ridges is just a B grade huh?

They're both legit. Carbon fiber checks good, and the box tags are on point. I'd say that the first one is the early release because of the box's shape, condition, and size. 

Well I just received mine in the mail. I got the tag on the inside of the shoe of the first pair. But the box was shaped like the 2nd pair, and the tags were different. I think its just varies on what part of the country they were sold.

Back
Top Bottom