Lenny Dykstra files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection

[h2]Dykstra files for Chapter 11[/h2]

Comment Email Print Reuters

NEW YORK -- Lenny Dykstra, the former star center fielder for the New York Mets and Philadelphia Phillies, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, court records show.

Dykstra, 46, has no more than $50,000 in assets and between $10 million and $50 million in liabilities, according to a petition filed Tuesday with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Central District of California.

Jonathan Hayes, one of Dykstra's lawyers, had no immediate comment.

Dykstra's filing comes in the wake of some 20 lawsuits he faces tied to his activities as a financial entrepreneur, including The Players Club, a glossy magazine he had helped launch, according to published reports.

The bankruptcy petition shows several banks among Dykstra's largest unsecured creditors, including units of JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Bank of America Corp.

Known as "Nails" and "The Dude," Dykstra played for 12 years with the Mets and the Phillies before retiring in 1996 with a lifetime .285 batting average and 81 home runs.

He won a World Series with the Mets in 1986, and with the Phillies was runner-up in the National League MVP voting in 1993. The Phillies lost the World Series that year.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
What a clown...

Who didn't see this coming?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
What a clown...

Who didn't see this coming?

I would say those people who deemed him a financial wizard, wrote articles praising his business acumen, produced and aired interviews claiming the same

Dude had zero business sense, and didn't know how to deal with people....

did any of you read that GQ article on him? Dude prolly made a ton of enemies over the years with his shady dealings etc....

Moron...

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

Dude had zero business sense, and didn't know how to deal with people....

did any of you read that GQ article on him? Dude prolly made a ton of enemies over the years with his shady dealings etc....

Moron...

smh.gif
if anyone did business with him after that article. Dude was charging his mom's credit card for private flights he knew he couldn't afford

Somebody posted that GQ article a couple months back. This couldn't happen to a nicer person...
laugh.gif

Dude was calling up his personal flight attendee girl to come with him on a quick business getaway to Ohio (from Cali) and she would show up and he wouldtell her to put the plane's gas bill for the trip on her CC and he would just pay her back
laugh.gif

Of course thousands of dollars later she never saw the money and his response to this was the typical "she's after my money."

That of course was one of hundreds of stories they exposed on Real Sports.

I was in tears laughing when I saw him interviewed on Real Sports. I guess no more Maybach for Lenny lol.

laugh.gif
The people who got got, have got to be the bigger morons for doin' business with this guy.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I thought he was caking off his car washes? Everyone was praising this dude's financial prowess.

One of those guys was Jim Cramer.
smh.gif

Update from today:

Bankrupt Lenny Dykstra Reduced To Sleeping In His Car

This is not one of those "full of *+#%" liars trying to make Lenny Dykstra look bad. By his own admission, the stock market whiz kid is now sleeping in his car. So there is a level below rock bottom?
Dykstra filed for bankruptcy last month and is also divorcing his wife. Both those moves have come back to bite him now that his house is full of mold. He blames his insurance company and wants them to pay for his temporary housing while they sort it out. But the insurance company says they've already given him temporary housing. That's where his wife is living. Despite his protests, they aren't going to give them two new homes.

So when CNBC's Jane Wells asked him for an update on his financial situation, he gave her the straight poop:
"I don't mean to be crude," he says, "but where do they expect me to (go to the bathroom)?

Dykstra also told her that when he's not sleeping in his car, he just crashes in hotel lobbies, which I can sort of imagine him doing even when he had money. So is this the "flying higher" part of his current lifestyle?

laugh.gif
Washington Mutual gave him a $12.9 million loan. That right there says it all about why they were the largest bank failure in U.S. history.

Dude was looking insane in HBO Real Sports interview a month back or so. I wouldn't be surprised if dude is admitted into a mental ward. I also heard hisDan Patrick interview and Patrick himself said that was the most perplexing interview he's done.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Biggest D Bag going right now.

NEW YORK -- Former Mets and Phillies star Lenny Dykstra has sued JP Morgan Chase & Co. Inc. for $100 million, saying he didn't get the loan he needed when he bought hockey great Wayne Gretzky's California home.

Dykstra brought the lawsuit in federal court in Manhattan on Wednesday over the property dispute. The lawsuit said he and his wife bought the property in Thousand Oaks, Calif., in March 2007 for $17.4 million but the bank reneged on a pledge to refinance. At the time, Dykstra was writing financial advice columns online.

Dykstra filed for bankruptcy protection in July, saying he owed more than $31 million and had about $50,000 in assets.

Chase spokesman Tom Kelly declined to comment.

a week earlier...
[h1]Dykstra Strikes Out With The Help, Gets Sued[/h1]
His financial empire in ruins, can we begrudge Lenny Dykstra his desire for a @%$$##%+? Yes we can, when he wants it from his personal assistant, and it's entirely non-consensual.

When we last checked in with Lenny Dykstra, he was broke, pathetic and desperate. He's still all of those things, but now he's got a sexual harassment lawsuit to go with them. His former estate manager/personal assistant is seeking damages for an incident last May, in which Nails got a little gropey-feely.

Jacqueline Massaro was enjoying her day off, when Dykstra called her and demanded she meet him at his house. She drove three hours(!) up from San Diego, arriving after midnight. No Dykstra in sight. Finally he returned home, and that's when the party began.
After Plaintiff replied to Dykstra saying that it was nearly one o'clock in the morning, what could he possibly want her to do, he yelled at Plaintiff and told her to get the "*@$@ out of my house, it's not going to work out, just leave." Plaintiff responded that she had just driven for three hours on what was supposed to be her day off to get to his house when he had called and said she was needed immediately, and now he wanted her to leave. Dykstra responded that he didn't feel sorry for her, and again, told her to get the *@$@ out.

Plaintiff then went to her room to pack her belongings to leave as Dykstra had demanded. Dykstra came into the room and said to Plaintiff, "so, you have nowhere to go, give me a @%$$##%+ and you can stay the night." Plaintiff responded that she was leaving and how dare he disrespect her like that. Dykstra then proceeded to put his hands on Plaintiff's breasts while trying to push her onto the bed. Plaintiff began to scream, got away from Dykstra, ran out of the house and drove away.

Massaro is seeking unspecified damages, but to add insult to injury, she's suing him in bankruptcy court. That's because she knows that he no longer has any money to take.

wow just read story on GQ site

SMH at how he did people

but people are dumb for doin business with a dude who cant even read

Back
Top Bottom