let this thread die (NYK)

He's the stupidest Harvard grad ever because Houston offered him 25 mil and he accepted it? OH.
Knicks NEVER made an offer.

What offer was there to make? If the Knicks came in first Houston would've come over the top and we'd still have the same result. The issue is not whether a contract was extended. The issue is Lin signing a deal he KNEW would put the Knicks over the cap.

Kobe had to deal with fat Shaq every year because he thought he should only work out or have surgery during "company time." I think he got into shape around January of every year. I guess Felton has that same mentality.

Felton doesnt look that out of shape in the video. I think the pic just got stretched and made it look worse than it actually is. He will be fine. Hes knows he has expectations this year since we kinda chose him over Lin "Technically". Since everyone will be comparing him to what Lin does all season, good or bad.

And new board, new Avi.

Last edited:
Felton doesnt look that out of shape in the video. I think the pic just got stretched and made it look worse than it actually is. He will be fine. Hes knows he has expectations this year since we kinda chose him over Lin "Technically". Since everyone will be comparing him to what Lin does all season, good or bad.

Naw b, son looks retired.

What offer was there to make? If the Knicks came in first Houston would've come over the top and we'd still have the same result. The issue is not whether a contract was extended. The issue is Lin signing a deal he KNEW would put the Knicks over the cap.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/basketball/nba/07/18/jeremy-lin-exclusive/index.html

The Knicks would not make a formal offer to Lin -- not then, or, ultimately, ever -- instead opting to steer him toward the open market so he could assess his own price. Serious conversations with three teams other than the Knicks began. Only Houston, which had already cut the Harvard economics major last December, warranted a visit, on July 4. "The Rockets kept saying how sorry they were that that they'd cut him, and how much of a mistake it was," Tanner said. "They almost said it too many times. They kept acknowledging it."

Lin left Houston impressed by the effort and the enthusiasm. A backloaded first offer, as widely reported, came to him at four years -- with the fourth as a team option -- and $28.8 million. As news of the offer broke (and Lin's camp says they did not communicate anything to the Knicks before an offer sheet was actually signed), Woodson publicly declared that Lin would "absolutely" be back. But not long after that, the Rockets came back with a revised offer: three years for $25.1 million, with the money rising from $5 million in the first season, to $5.225 million in the second, to $14.898 million in the third. (The relatively low values of the first two annual salaries are as mandated by the Collective Bargaining Agreement's "Gilbert Arenas" provision.)
By this point, Lin had no real idea what the Knicks would do. But there also wasn't much choice: He had all of one offer sheet in front of him to consider.

While surfing the Internet last Sunday, Lin read that Felton was reportedly en route to the Knicks from Portland via a sign-and-trade. Earlier this month, New York had already signed Kidd; now, Lin saw the writing on the wall, along with everybody else. "Felton's signing was the first time when I thought, 'Oh, wow, I might not be a Knick,'" Lin said.
The next time he heard from an executive in the organization, it was to tell him the Knicks were letting him go.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...jeremy-lin-exclusive/index.html#ixzz2126wzgi7

Ok, was just on the team store. Does anyone have any info on new Jerseys? Cuz everything is on sale and im thinking about coppin my Melo Authentic and prolly a Shumpert. But im not goinna bite if we gettin new jerseys next year.

waiting for NBA store to have a ******g sale. They're beyond greedy. Once they have a sale, if they do. I'll be picking up a Melo (2) and a Shump authentic.

This is from 2 days ago with his trainer. Looks in better shape than he did last week. He'll be ready. 

Last edited:
Throwing slurs? Man, some of those idiots need to get some air. :smh:

Gonna be VERY interesting to see the crowd reaction upon his return though. :lol:

At the end of the day, there were a lot of valid points from both sides of the keep 'em or dump 'em argument. But the one that really makes me do the Zo nod is what XVIIIAirJordan said: Lin being out of the picture benefits STAT and Melo. I said something very similar a while back when someone argued that Lin should take the last shot over Melo. I was like :wow: + :lol:. Linsanity had grow so big that people really were starting to feel like that newb should be getting top billing over Melo and STAT. (I definitely remember asking why would you guys trade for Melo just to have Pringles use him as a decoy?).

But as XVIIIAirJordan pointed out in a better rebuttal than I could have come up with, superstars need to be superstars. Ramon Sessions wasn't gonna be taking more shots all of a sudden over Kobe and Pau. Cole wasn't gonna take the last shot over Bron or Wade. And it was disrespectful of D'Antoni to even put Melo in that position to begin with. I remember HTTB, AllenIverson, and a few others definitely saying something similar in that you guys can't want TEAM BALL (Novak, Lin, the B squad guys to all get even touches) but then want Melo to go off for 30+. Can't have it both ways.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the Knicks should have matched and traded him to Siberia shortly after if they really wanted to "punish" him. And I DO think Lin could have eventually learned how to be a better PG with mentoring from Kidd. But I don't know if the egos of the 2 big dogs would have been stroked enough accordingly. And at the end of the day, keeping Lin would have potentially led to a locker room divide as well as a huge media driven distraction. So good luck to Lin in Houston. And now Melo and STAT can go and focus on doing what they do best. I expect a monster season from both.

Btw, that was supposed to be my last post on the YUKU server. R.I.P. NT.

Last edited:
official: Lins goodbye note

aaehl5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom