let this thread die (NYK)

Knicks fan checking in! ... Again lol. Couldn't login in with my previous account so I had to create another. Anyway looking forward to what next season brings!

I might be the only female in this thread tho  
embarassed.gif

We're playing the Lakers on X-Mas Day....

Away, that's why the game is right after the Nets vs Boston. Should be aired during 1pm or noon here on the east coast.

The jerseys. 8)

Is this some sort of joke? Are computers still in "Compressed Schedule"? 4 games in 5 nights and a home/home with Philly? An 8pm game with the Heat, and then 12pm the following day? :rofl:

:stoneface:

Some of you guys wanted more exposure and this year we have PLENTY of it. We get the NBA season opener, then open at home against the Heat, Game in London and then we play the Lakers on Christmas day. I think this season the Knicks will be one of the top 5 teams getting the most nationally televised games in the league.

We have 19 nationally televised games. And this is not counting the "add-ons" we'll get as the season goes by. Before the playoffs, we'll have about 25 games on TV. BTW, I didn't count the NBATV games either. With NBATV and add ones, we're looking at 30-32 games on National TV (including NBATV).

EDIT:

Here's a list of the other "popular" teams with a lot of nationally televised games.

Heat- 21
Lakers- 22
OKC- 25
Bulls- 15
Clippers- 22
Nets- 12

Double EDIT:

I was on ESPN NY and I just remembered that we signed Brewer. We actually have a pretty good bench mob this year (knock on wood).

Starters:
G- Kidd
G- Brewer (until Shumpert comes back)
C- Chandler
F- Amare
F- Melo

Bench:
G- Felton/Prigionli
G- Shumpert/White
C- Camby
F- Thomas
F- Novak/Copeland

Just realized that we're pretty slim on Forwards. If Copeland can be productive and come off the bench giving firepower--we'd be one of the deepest teams in the league.

Once Shumpert comes back, the Knicks can put him and Brewer on the floor together and that backcourt would be blood hounds for any guards.

Also, we lack inside presence. Amare really slows us down inside. God, I hope he learns SOMETHING from Hakeem.

Last edited:
Felton        Kidd       Prigioni

Brewer       Smith     Kidd
Melo          White     Smith
Amare        Novak     Copeland
Chandler    Camby    Amare

Obviously Woody's rotations are gonna change throughout the season but I'm quite sure that'll be our starting 5 and depth chart.

Last edited:
Our coward owner didnt even release a statement on lin. Even the bulls did for asik

CAA>>>>

jR is gonna get paid next year

Our coward owner didnt even release a statement on lin. Even the bulls did for asik
CAA>>>>
jR is gonna get paid next year
your negativity has been annoying me lately. Here's a newsflash for you, we didn't let go Chris Paul or Magic Johnson. You either roll with this team or you can be a rockets fan. 

Ronnie Brewer May Start At SG For Knicks
Jul 27, 2012 10:33 AM EDT

Ronnie Brewer is likely to start at shooting guard ahead of J.R. Smith.

Brewer is considered a plus-defender who can guard multiple positions.

"A lot of people want to play defense but some people just don't have the ability to do it," the 6-7 veteran said. "... I take pride in defense and, in my opinion, I think defense wins championships."

Brewer turned down more lucrative deals elsewhere to play for the Knicks.

"It didn't come down to money," said Brewer, who believes the Knicks have enough talent to compete against the Heat. "It's where you want to go and where you feel comfortable."

My man brewer :smokin

JR not being the locker room distraction that was touted by some, he should take that move in stride right?
JR is not a veteran starter in this league he has always been looked at as scoring punch off the bench. He was Shump's backup last year and still would be if it wasn't for him tearing his ACL. Also he's already stated he wants to play with Kidd why would he all of a sudden have a problem playing the sixth man role ?

JR wont be a problem. At this point, hes used to coming off the bench as a spark, hes done it his whole pro career. He knows we need him more to score with the second team when Melo/Amare take their rest.

Last edited:
You have to realize that jr likes to take as many shots as he wants,and when melo and amare are out he gets to do that.hes the go to bench scorer,which is why hes comfortable with that role.he wont be a problem.this season all depends on amare.

Jr said he rather play with the second unit because he can get more shots. He won't care who starts as long as he gets his minutes and shots

EDIT: everybody is pretty much saying the same thing. Jr loves being 6th man so he can get his Kobe on

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom