let this thread die (NYK)

Yeah the switching got to me last night. Shump guarding Lopez or Gortat. Tyson on Nash. Of all the games I've seen of us that was the worse case of switching. I've heard Clyde complain about the team constantly doing that this season more than I did last season.

Melo and Stat won't ever work. It's not their fault it was just horrible decision making putting them together. Didn't like it from day 1 and still don't.

Bunch of Chicken Littles.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Melo and Stat won't ever work. It's not their fault it was just horrible decision making putting them together. Didn't like it from day 1 and still don't.

laugh.gif
@ it not being their fault...remeber who was PUSHING for the trade to NYC...

I think a lot of people knew it was a bad idea..especially via trade, and now it seems like the Knicks have little-to-no flexibility to do much with their roster.  I honestly think the amnesty clause will be used on one of these two guys within the next couple of seasons. 

*Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Donnie Walsh adamant about going after Melo...but ONLY through Free Agency?  If that's the case, it makes so much more sense and the Knicks wouldn't be in this predictament like they are now. 

If Melo is a superstar this will eventually work with a new coach and PG.

Right? Right.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Amnesty was used on Chauncey already

+#%#...didn't even realize that. 

Any trade that is made is probably going to have to involve draft picks and their best young asset (Shump).  I honestly don't know what they can do to fix this team.  It's a mess. 

Originally Posted by Al3xis

If Melo is a superstar this will eventually work with a new coach and PG.

Right? Right.

With Melo being in the postseason every year in the Western conference and having a couple really good teams I would say yes but we aren't gonna do jack $#@! with a new coach and a PG unless Stoudemire finds 85% of what he was first half of last season , we get a knock down shooter to come off the bench , and also a back up PG. My thing is how are we gonna make all these moves with all this money tied up to three players ? And as of right now the only person earning their money is Tyson.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Any trade that is made is probably going to have to involve draft picks and their best young asset (Shump).  I honestly don't know what they can do to fix this team.  It's a mess. 

Hot rumor now is Melo for Deron + PTBNL.

grin.gif

posted that a while ago
laugh.gif

*Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Donnie Walsh adamant about going after Melo...but ONLY through Free Agency?  If that's the case, it makes so much more sense and the Knicks wouldn't be in this predictament like they are now.

Donnie offered Wilson +the pick from trading AR for Melo. Dude knew they'd drop and meet him halfway by deadline.
smokin.gif

It's whatever. So the Isiah era lasted 3 years longer than we thought it did.
At least it didn't leave us with Starbury, Francis, Curry and both JJs getting paid this time.

Originally Posted by Proshares

grin.gif
what?

Originally Posted by Proshares

grin.gif

eek.gif

No matter what happens, I think the Melo/STAT pairing needs ot be broken up. 

laugh.gif
you listen to people/radio out here, you'd think it was close to being finished.

Hollinger:

"Makes a ton of sense for Jersey. Makes *some* sense for New York. Keep in mind that this could be done as an extend-and-trade after the season as well. I would expect the Knicks to ask for a sweetener, given that they're basically saving the Nets from Armageddon and that Melo is having a better year than Williams."

Ford:

"I'm not sure a move like that is totally out of the question for (the Nets or Knicks). If the Nets don't get Howard, trading Williams is a real possibility and the Knicks love him. Adding Melo would give them a (tarnished) star name to build around that's already locked up to a long-term deal."

I say PTBNL because we're not going to give up Melo + 3 years for Deron w/o an extension. Gotta throw in someone else too. Like Morrow.

I always said a top tier PG with either Melo or with STAT is what would be more beneficial, both have conflicting styles of play.

Ownership pushed Donnie to offer more than he wanted to, that's all on ownership. Donnie wanted no part in trading all of those pieces.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

at you guys thinking of letting go of Carmelo!!!!
*@+#

Dude would not be chucking up shots if we had a better coach....

I still think we need to let the season play out, we definitely need a better starting PG and a New Coach ASAP!

If we still cannot get it done with say: Baron, Nash or whoever will take the 5 million exception plus a new coach, then I say trade either Amare of Carmelo.

a new coach this season will not fix the fact that there was no training camp. If you get rid of D'Antoni, you have to put Mike "Black Ice" Woodson as head coach. other wise you'll have a new coach with a new system and no time to learn it.

Back
Top Bottom