let this thread die (NYK)

^^yup.

Pringles switched alot in PHX too, I think the personnel had alot to do with them not being exposed like this. I know everyone talks about how Woodson had the Hawks switching alot but I want to believe it's because of the players he had at his disposal. This cultre of switching everything has been here since before Woodson's arrival.

if we play like last night tonight the players from the Knicks that was traded for melo will be laughing at us

Originally Posted by kevi

if we play like last night tonight the players from the Knicks that was traded for melo will be laughing at us

They been laughing since last year. We have a losing record with melo and they have a winning record without him

Originally Posted by alew24

Baron Davis will not save this season. Dantoni needs to improve the offense and defense

too stagnant and isolated on offense. Too Tyson Chandler dependent on defense.

You must not know D'antoni very well

to be honest with you...I just want it to be fun watching the Knicks play again.

That last year of Duhon and Lee > last night.

Walk before we can run...4 days to the Beard?

I agree with you MrONegative..The team just looks depressed some nights, and other nights they look like they have 0 confidence. I feel like it's the same way LeBron is now, except LeBron is winning basketball games with the Heat and looking like an MVP on a title contender. The pressure got to LeBron and it affected his demeanor on the court..He didn't look like he was having fun but he played with a chip on his shoulder last year. I feel like the current Knicks can't deal with the pressure of suddenly being expected to make a deep playoff run. When Amar'e n Carmelo played on previous teams, they had pressure to make a deep run in the playoffs but Phoenix n Denver are not cut throat media cities like NYC.

Stop switching on defense , run a uptempo offense along with some triangle or regular inside out offense with Melo and Amare alternating the post and have constant movement , cuts , and screens by players off the ball and we instantly become a better team . Like its really that simple .

[h1]Knicks Fan Walks Into a Therapist’s Office[/h1]

Jared: So… how does this work?

Therapist: How would you like it to work?

Jared: I guess I just, I tell you what I’m thinking?

Therapist: If that’s what you want  to do.

Jared: I had a dream the other night.

Therapist: And?

Jared: Well, not just the other night. A recurring dream I guess. Same thing over and over for a while now.

Therapist: Recurring dreams are often a symptom of Post Traumatic Stre…

Jared: Okay so in the dream, I’m just sitting there on the couch watching the Knicks game…

Therapist: You’re dreaming about basketball?

Jared: Well, yeah. Anyway, I’m watching the Knicks game. And they’re losing, like by a lot.

Therapist: I see. And how many times have you had this dream?

Jared: About five times in the last eight or nine days. Anyway, the Knicks are losing. But the weird thing is, it isn’t the Knicks that I’m watching. They’re missing a bunch of players. And they stink on offense.

Therapist: Tell me more about that.

Jared: First of all, Gallo’s not on the team anymore. And that totally sucks, because he’s awesome. He’s a good shooter, and the Knicks need shooters to space the floor in Mike D’Antoni’s system. He can take it to the rim, get some free throws. Gotten a lot better at that over the last few years. He’s also a versatile defender, which always helps when your defensive system requires you to switch on nearly every pick. So it wouldn’t really make sense for him to not be on the team.

Therapist: It sounds like you’re quite worked up about this Gallo.

Jared: Yeah. He’s one of my favorite Knicks. I really don’t understand why he wouldn’t be on the team. He’s pretty much the perfect fit for D’Antoni’s offense, and the crowd really loves him. Oh, also, Raymond Felton’s gone. Not so happy about that either, by the way. Dude is a bulldog. He generated some nice chemistry with Amar’e Stoudemire last year, and they’re off to a great start to this season too. In the dream though, Toney Douglas and Mike Bibby are playing a lot of minutes at point guard for the Knicks, and neither of them is very productive at all. And Amar’e just kind of runs into people, throws the ball at the rim and screams, “AND ONE!

Why not try a zone defense??? Tyson can easily guard down low while Shumpert is good at defending the passing lane and Fields strives off fast breaks.  Offense always looks good in the first two minutes of the game then they go back to standing around. 

Either way Knicks will lose tonight to drop to 6-10 before the road trip.  Fail homestead.

There are gonna be some aaaaaaangry Knicks fans out there tnite.

Frustrations gonna come out

laugh.gif
@ that therapist dream article. We would've still lost 3 or 4 guys if we had decided to sign Melo this past offseason. We would've lost Will in FA, and probably have to move Gallo or Felton. Kept Mozgov though but then we probably never get Tyson.

I'm hoping the extra rest Baron has been getting means his legs will be fresh when he's ready to play and he has an impact..The problem is they'll have to give him limited minutes at first just to ensure he doesn't re-injure himself too quickly. However, knowing D'Antoni, if B Diddy has a good first few games, he'll give dude like 35-40 min a night like he did to Amar'e last year
indifferent.gif

That Knicks Therapistvarticle was spot on. Even if we kept two of those 4 we could have had a better chance of trading for Chris Paul. Melo did this organization dirty

Even without Will or CP3 Felton , Shumpert, Melo, Stat, Chandler, and Gallo as a 6th man would've been disgusting. Even though that probably would've never happened though.

Nah...we wouldn'ta got Tyson...but it'd be what? Mozgov, Jeffries and Jerome splitting the 5, with Amar'e at 5, Jorts at 4 sometimes? That's not so bad.

That article was my exact feeling on the trade. Some people think dude would've went to NJ to play with no one, pray for help and collect a paycheck. Or stay in Denver where every week they just grew their hatred towards dude. But where I'm at, the only way you trade for him is if the cost is low enough you still have assets to get Chris Paul or a rotation to compete.

We have neither now.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Nah...we wouldn'ta got Tyson...but it'd be what? Mozgov, Jeffries and Jerome splitting the 5, with Amar'e at 5, Jorts at 4 sometimes? That's not so bad.

That article was my exact feeling on the trade. Some people think dude would've went to NJ to play with no one, pray for help and collect a paycheck. Or stay in Denver where every week they just grew their hatred towards dude. But where I'm at, the only way you trade for him is if the cost is low enough you still have assets to get Chris Paul or a rotation to compete.

We have neither now.

Why you think we wouldn't have gotten Tyson ? If we couldn't have swung a deal for CP3 and he was still traded to LA I think we would've zeroed in on Tyson just like we did this offseason. Difference is that Melo would've gotten paid less because the new CBA and we probably could've added more pieces to the team
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by MrONegative

We have neither now.

Why you think we wouldn't have gotten Tyson ? If we couldn't have swung a deal for CP3 and he was still traded to LA I think we would've zeroed in on Tyson just like we did this offseason. Difference is that Melo would've gotten paid less because the new CBA and we probably could've added more pieces to the team
frown.gif
We would not have had the cap space to sign Tyson if we had Felton's or Gallo's contract still on the books. We probably could keep Mozgov since it was cheap to get him. Plus if we're signing Melo and then Tyson in that off season we would have to let Will go. So to keep from not having a pg we would have to look to be trading for CP3 and we would have the a few pieces to do it.

Back
Top Bottom