let this thread die (NYK)

http://twitter.com/Al_Iannazzone
Jonah Ballow: "Everyone has to get better including myself. We have to get better." @Tyson Chandler #Knicks
Jonah Ballow: "The last thing you want to do is point fingers...we have to stay together as a team & work things out." @Amare Stoudemire #Knicks
Jared Zwerling: Shumpert on loss: "In this league, you've gotta just suck it up & deal with it like we gotta game tomorrow. You don't have time to be mad."
Al Iannazzone: Carmelo said the Bucks 'punked' the #Knicks. He also said the knicks have to be the team 'doing the punking' Sat vs. the Nuggets.
Al Iannazzone: Speaking of Denver, Carmelo said you can't compare the knicks and Nuggets. Melo said Denvers 'got five starters from that trade.'
#$$+! talking like he aint have a part in them getting 5 starters.

Brandon Jennings said it was easy for him to score because we switch on everything. You think Pringles makes the adjustments and play straight up man and some zone ? Ofcourse not .

All he and Woodson do is switch so of course he wouldn't. Last timme Pringles had Knicks switch we were in desperate straits. Pringles is stubborn or a forgetful idiot.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Can't even defend it anymore.
30t6p3b.gif
ha

Damn Melo was way more explosive and had way more lift on his jumper when he was in Denver . Dude is probably hurting bad
30t6p3b.gif

this is what happens when you try and buy a championship melo is my dude he cannot play with amare oause

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Brandon Jennings said it was easy for him to score because we switch on everything. You think Pringles makes the adjustments and play straight up man and some zone ? Ofcourse not .

They even had Chandler defending him on several possessions
30t6p3b.gif

YO ! I've never seen a nba team that switches SO MUCH on defense !

Brandon Jennings even said it was easy to score because we kept switching. I just dont see how having Amare or Tyson on the other team's fastest players could be beneficial to any defense. Honestly, whos damn idea is this so constantly do this? Is Pringles not getting on the players to fight over screens ? Is this Woodson's defensive philosophy? It's obviously becoming a glaring problem that other teams recognize and attack, whos holding this team accountable?

To me, watching these games, it seems that the opposition scores mostly on our defensive mismatches. Whenever we switch, the PG dumps the ball into the post where OUR guard is trying to hold down a big man. When that player gets the ball, either Amare or Tyson have to come in and help cover the post, and during this time, the other teams guard is cutting around, becoming a wide open option for the post player to pass to.

It's so goddan fustrating watching these players switch play in and play out. it creates mismatches that are NOT in our favor. These big men are not quick on the feet enough to handle guards off the dribble. You're asking these players to do something that they just physically are not accustomed to. That's like asking Tyson Chandler on offense to orchestrate and be playmaker. He's gonna do a half-@@# job at it because THATS NOT WHAT HE DOES.

More than Melo chuckin it up, more than Amare playing like a 5 year old, more than our bench looking like lost puppies out there, it's the SWITCH that constantly allows teams to get EASY BUCKETS,time in and time out, effectively eliminating our confidence on the defensive end and that shows in the offense.

STOP THE SWITCHING, GRAB A MAN, PLAY ZONE. DO ANYTHING JUST STOP SWITCHING ON DEFENSE.

Seriosuly, am I the only one who notices this horrible trend ? I've been a basketball fan all my life and I've never seen players switch so much, on all levels of talent (Fulls in the park, indoor rec leagues, HS, NCAA, international). It seriously gets on my nerves.

/end rant.

i just want to know why the knicks switch on every play on defense... that alone kills the knicks...along with the turnovers of course which hurts the offense

Baron Davis will not save this season. Dantoni needs to improve the offense and defense

too stagnant and isolated on offense. Too Tyson Chandler dependent on defense.

Now, they are 6-9 with home losses to Toronto, Charlotte, Phoenix and now Milwaukee, which had lost its previous three games and had been 0-8 on the road.

It's beyond embarassment

Media gives dantoni a giant pass. They should be sending gift bags to the ny giants for taking away the back pages

I'm tired of hearing Amare and Melo can't work together. Two dudes averaging 20 shots a game can work together. They simply need to be put in the correct positions to score. Melo needs to post up more, Amare needs to catch the ball on the elbow and attack. We need to run more off ball action, set some screens, get in a couple of curls, get some easy jumpshots. A good coach has this team playing much better. Sure, we wouldn't be great because of our mediocre backcourt, but we wouldn't be losing to such %!#!+% teams.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I'm tired of hearing Amare and Melo can't work together. Two dudes averaging 20 shots a game can work together. They simply need to be put in the correct positions to score. Melo needs to post up more, Amare needs to catch the ball on the elbow and attack. We need to run more off ball action, set some screens, get in a couple of curls, get some easy jumpshots. A good coach has this team playing much better. Sure, we wouldn't be great because of our mediocre backcourt, but we wouldn't be losing to such %!#!+% teams.

Thats the bottom line.

Melo is too much of an iso player to convince me this will work out, PG or not. Guy needs to dominate the ball to be effective, where is Phil Jackson when you need him.

Smoking weed as having sex with his ex employers offspring

Kinda hard to imagine him coming to deal with this freakshow of a media and team

Originally Posted by you go boy

i just want to know why the knicks switch on every play on defense... that alone kills the knicks...along with the turnovers of course which hurts the offense

Apparantley Mike Woodson's philosophy is switch, switch, switch. I had no clue this was the case, just knew he was defensive minded. I read its because he feels it forces the other team to shoot from the perimeter (*_*) If thats his goal then play zone, this switching 100000% of the time *$++ is NOT working

Yeah while melo holds the ball there is no movement. Zero. No screens or backdoor cuts.

It's a pick up game

Back
Top Bottom