let this thread die (NYK)

Also I'm pretty shocked how Pringles does not play Novak at all. White guy that can hit the 3 anywhere on the court? Gets no play from the guy that encourages his PFs to learn how to shoot 3s?

I wanna say fire him now but it can get worse.

Good. We deserve this loss. Walker, Shumpert, Fields, Douglas and Tyson played well. I wish they didn't. They got to watch Melo flush that all down the drain. If he's hurt than fine...let's make adjustments, but Pringles doesn't do that. He has no control of Melo at all and every play he runs late breaks down and turns to Melo iso, starts Melo iso or gets hijacked into Melo iso.

It's always Sportscenter or L every time.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

Even as bad as the isiah days were, Ive never been so disappointed in the team. They are complete trash with no direction.   
My thoughts exactly, at least then.. hopes were not up often. Last year was the first time, I allowed myself to get my hopes up.. never again.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

You can utilize him in different ways, why not run him off of curls? why not post him? It shouldn't be 'clear it out and give him the ball on the right for ____ straight times'.

I've been an avid supporter of D'Antoni but it's clear as day he does not know offense outside of the pick & roll (and he's brilliant with that), but as things stand..there is nobody who can run it..so we're stuck.

I hate Melo's game, and it is a part of the problem but at least put him in a spot where he might have success.
I think we basically agree.
To yungchamp:  No, i've hated Melo's game since he was on the Nuggets, it's always been this selfish, ball-stopping, loser-ball.

To ATG:  When you take that many bad shots in a game and hold the ball for min 15 seconds every offensive possession, you're bound to "heat up" for 3 minutes at some point...  It's like a statistical impossibility somebody taking that many shots could play that badly for the ENTIRE 2OT game.  He came close though.

I'm not sure if it was the end of the 2nd or 3rd, but one play perfectly captured the state of the Knicks. Time was winding down and Shump had the ball. Inexplicably, he tried to be a hero and split the defenders (instead of trying to create something for his teammates) and subsequently lost the rock as time hit 00:00.
30t6p3b.gif
I like his moxie at times, but damn....someone got to get in his ear.

Amare w. only 1 shot in the 4th quarter/OTs combined???? 
eek.gif
  The hell was that about? 

amare cant even make jumpshots so him not getting the ball wasnt a factor... the second overtime was just a meltdown... nobody was getting defensive rebounds and they fouled gallo all game particularly in that overtime... and you can say melo is a ballhog but at the same time the knicks cant score without him and the game definitely doesnt go to overtime...bill walker was going off in the 2nd quarter but yet played 2 minutes the whole second half... how come shumpert didnt play at all towards the end did he cramp up? i think harrelson should have played amares minutes because at least he plays defense

We're probably gonna keep losing until we see Detroit at home.
Originally Posted by 10027

To ATG:  When you take that many bad shots in a game and hold the ball for min 15 seconds every offensive possession, you're bound to "heat up" for 3 minutes at some point...  It's like a statistical impossibility somebody taking that many shots could play that badly for the ENTIRE 2OT game.  He came close though.
You didn't address what I said at all. How are you trying to put this entirely on Melo being selfish when the coach ran no plays for STAT the entire 4th at a time when we even had the lead? He took no shots in the 4th and got fouled once. What does that have to do with Melo?

Melo was shooting bad all game. He only started making shots with the last 3 min left. So I can understand feeding him the ball then. That has nothing to do with the other 9 minutes of the quarter where no plays were run for STAT. That is entirely on Pringles and his ineptitude to run a balanced offensive system. If he can't do uptempo/SSOL he does bs.

you go boy wrote:
amare cant even make jumpshots so him not getting the ball wasnt a factor... the second overtime was just a meltdown... nobody was getting defensive rebounds and they fouled gallo all game particularly in that overtime... and you can say melo is a ballhog but at the same time the knicks cant score without him and the game definitely doesnt go to overtime...bill walker was going off in the 2nd quarter but yet played 2 minutes the whole second half... how come shumpert didnt play at all towards the end did he cramp up? i think harrelson should have played amares minutes because at least he plays defense
But Melo can? 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

you go boy wrote:
But Melo can? 

I'm sayin'
30t6p3b.gif
You let STAT take as many shots as Melo did this game he ends up with the same amount of points too. Pringles treating him like he's a 3rd option player all of a sudden. You keep force feeding STAT the way we do Melo these past game he'll rack up points at the very least from the line.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

You didn't address what I said at all. How are you trying to put this entirely on Melo being selfish when the coach ran no plays for STAT the entire 4th at a time when we even had the lead? He took no shots in the 4th and got fouled once. What does that have to do with Melo?

Melo was shooting bad all game. He only started making shots with the last 3 min left. So I can understand feeding him the ball then. That has nothing to do with the other 9 minutes of the quarter where no plays were run for STAT. That is entirely on Pringles and his ineptitude to run a balanced offensive system. If he can't do uptempp/SSOL he does bs.
It's not ENTIRELY on Melo but it's a pretty damn high percentage on him.
I seem to remember Pringles running one hell of a balanced offensive system last year before the Melo trade.  I also seem to remember how relieved and happy George Karl was when he got rid of the guy.  No coach wants to run an offense where one of your key cogs does not know how to pass or move the ball or play within the flow of the game (Okay I can imagine a guy like Mike Brown doing ok by just loading up the defense and running a hideous offense where you just let Melo play 1 on 1 all game, but I wouldn't want to watch it).

have you watched amare all year? im not counting the guy out and say trade him but he has played garbage this whole year... his jumper is nowhere near last year... melo has had a bad stretch the last 5 games but he did hurt his wrist... amare is healthy and nothing is wrong with him... its not like he doesnt get the ball at all but when he does he struggles to get his points

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Melo was shooting bad all game. He only started making shots with the last 3 min left. So I can understand feeding him the ball then. That has nothing to do with the other 9 minutes of the quarter where no plays were run for STAT. That is entirely on Pringles and his ineptitude to run a balanced offensive system. If he can't do uptempp/SSOL he does bs.
It's not ENTIRELY on Melo but it's a pretty damn high percentage on him.
I seem to remember Pringles running one hell of a balanced offensive system last year before the Melo trade.  I also seem to remember how relieved and happy George Karl was when he got rid of the guy.  No coach wants to run an offense where one of your key cogs does not know how to pass or move the ball or play within the flow of the game (Okay I can imagine a guy like Mike Brown doing ok by just loading up the defense and running a hideous offense where you just let Melo play 1 on 1 all game, but I wouldn't want to watch it).
Son if you just want to put this all on Melo and ignore a coach that can't establish a good offensive system or get players to play the way he's coaching them to they'll gladly receive you in the NBA season thread. If Karl and Pringles can't get Melo to play within the system then they're not good enough coaches to lead a team with star players on it to the next level. It's as simple as that.

If you saying Melo doesn't know how to pass
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

have you watched amare all year? im not counting the guy out and say trade him but he has played garbage this whole year... his jumper is nowhere near last year... melo has had a bad stretch the last 5 games but he did hurt his wrist... amare is healthy and nothing is wrong with him... its not like he doesnt get the ball at all but when he does he struggles to get his points
Wrist hurting so bad he's gotta put up 30 shots.  Oh? 

There is nothing but idiotic and selfish basketball being played by the Knicks.  Coaching is part of the problem...but so is the fact that Amare/Melo have to figure out how to make it work with one ball. 

Back
Top Bottom