let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by MonStar1

You guys crack me up.  Also how come I have to be a Knicks Hater or Melo Hater? Why can't I be a basketball fan with an opinion?

You guy in here sayin "melo is cheering and clapping...he's excited. he's gonna be different!".  Man he HAS to do that stuff on the bench.  So the only thing to prove how he really feels is his on court actions.  Do you really think he's going to act like he's not excited for the teams success or Lin to the media?  I don't care if he rocks a Jeremy Lin authentic to the next game.  I do believe he's happy for Lin and the team is winning BUT I don't buy him changing his game.

Also you guys are saying he was forced to be a "point forward".  When has Melo ever played different? Dont talk about him playing on Team USA that's completely different.  He wasn't looking at Jared Jefferies and Bill Walker on Team USA when he was thinking "pass or shoot".  Team USA isn't a good comparison.  Look at Kobe
laugh.gif

Anyways, like I said we will see.  I just think its funny you guys think a guy is going to change after 9 years in the league and playing the same way his whole life.  Look at LeBron.  He is who he is.  LeBron used to pass up shots in Cleveland and people kept saying "he's gonna be clutch soon he's young".  Man LeBron is a pass first guy who has a tendency to shrink in "clutch" moments.  Thats who he is and it ain't changing.  Melo is a scorer that likes to be in Iso situations because he's a skilled scorer.  Melo likes to jab step and pumpfake.  Melo likes to hold the ball.  That ain't changing even if he tried. 

I can't wait to see his body language when he's waiting in the corner and Lin commits a couple turnovers
laugh.gif
.  Son ain't having it. 

At least Amare will benefit and look good again.  His FG % should go up alot.
only we can talk badly about our players.

Jonah Ballow @jonahballow
"It's easy, give him [@JLin7] the ball & space out. I get back to do what I know how to do best." @carmeloanthony #Knicks #NBA

Ian Begley @IanBegley
Melo on Lin: 'I know there’s questions about 'Can I fit in?' and stuff like that, but this is like a dream come true to me.' #LinSanity

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria
"Maybe, well not maybe, but I’ll have to score in other areas rather than just coming down posting up, iso-ing." -- Melo #Knicks

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

You guys crack me up.  Also how come I have to be a Knicks Hater or Melo Hater? Why can't I be a basketball fan with an opinion?

You guy in here sayin "melo is cheering and clapping...he's excited. he's gonna be different!".  Man he HAS to do that stuff on the bench.  So the only thing to prove how he really feels is his on court actions.  Do you really think he's going to act like he's not excited for the teams success or Lin to the media?  I don't care if he rocks a Jeremy Lin authentic to the next game.  I do believe he's happy for Lin and the team is winning BUT I don't buy him changing his game.

Also you guys are saying he was forced to be a "point forward".  When has Melo ever played different? Dont talk about him playing on Team USA that's completely different.  He wasn't looking at Jared Jefferies and Bill Walker on Team USA when he was thinking "pass or shoot".  Team USA isn't a good comparison.  Look at Kobe
laugh.gif

Anyways, like I said we will see.  I just think its funny you guys think a guy is going to change after 9 years in the league and playing the same way his whole life.  Look at LeBron.  He is who he is.  LeBron used to pass up shots in Cleveland and people kept saying "he's gonna be clutch soon he's young".  Man LeBron is a pass first guy who has a tendency to shrink in "clutch" moments.  Thats who he is and it ain't changing.  Melo is a scorer that likes to be in Iso situations because he's a skilled scorer.  Melo likes to jab step and pumpfake.  Melo likes to hold the ball.  That ain't changing even if he tried. 

I can't wait to see his body language when he's waiting in the corner and Lin commits a couple turnovers
laugh.gif
.  Son ain't having it. 

At least Amare will benefit and look good again.  His FG % should go up alot.
only we can talk badly about our players.

No wonder this thread is so long....

laugh.gif
 at "our" players.  that's actually sad you lack the ability to discuss "your" team without an extreme bias and getting in your feelings.  Get some fresh air.

What the $@!$ is this dude Melo talking about he gets to go back to what he knows how to do best? So he's going to go right back into iso mode I guess. He's not a spot up shooter...he's not going to morph into Shawn Marion in his prime...so that's all I can think he's going to do once he gets back. I swear I heard literally that EXACT quote out of him when Iverson got to Denver.

How quickly we forget the 2008 Olympics. On a team with Bron, Wade, Kobe, Paul, D-Will it was Melo touted as the best player during the tournament.

Also, per twitter, Melo went to Pringles and told him to play Lin. We may stumble a little, but it will all click eventually.

"Maybe I need to not take so many shots. I don't know," he said. "There's just a bunch of stuff that goes through my mind. Just [trying to figure] out ways to make other guys better. Should I pass it more?"

So called star player questioning his own ability to share the rock and get others involved. This guy would be better served taking less shots and really deferring to Lin. What more do Knick fans need to see out of Melo before you relegate him to permanent ball hog status? What has he done in his tenure that reflects anything close to what Lin has done in 5 games? Please tell me. Dude couldn't even get the team above .500, and if it wasn't for Melo being out these two weeks the Knicks faithful might as well have kissed the season goodbye. I know the dudes on here who think Melo can make the offense better, but as soon as he comes back will see just what kind of impact Melo has on the system.

Carmelo plays one way, and it's not conducive to the Knicks winning games.

I've noticed the Knicks giving out waaay less shirts and thundersticks this year too

It just seems like they always kick their own fans.

Floyd Mayweather @FloydMayweather

Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian. Black players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise.

I hope the Nets charge a lot less than MSG prices so that people start going to the stadium in BK and force Dolan's greedy %++ to lower prices. A lot of Heat/Lakers/Celtics etc fans that live in NYC go to games at MSG to watch their own teams..And often casual NBA Fans go to MSG to catch superstars when they're in town (like OKC games) So if the BK Nets stadium is charging less, people will just go there to watch their favorite superstars play and only Knicks fans will go to MSG to catch the Knicks.

Originally Posted by Henryflo91

Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian. Black players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise.
Son floyd is trying to start a race war so him and Manny's "beef" gets bigger.   

ScoobyDooRuhRoh.jpg

nerd.gif
hmm

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I hope the Nets charge a lot less than MSG prices so that people start going to the stadium in BK and force Dolan's greedy %++ to lower prices. A lot of Heat/Lakers/Celtics etc fans that live in NYC go to games at MSG to watch their own teams..And often casual NBA Fans go to MSG to catch superstars when they're in town (like OKC games) So if the BK Nets stadium is charging less, people will just go there to watch their favorite superstars play and only Knicks fans will go to MSG to catch the Knicks.

laugh.gif
nerd.gif
 most likely i would go to downtown bklyn to catch two knick games then 

Originally Posted by gllahone84

How quickly we forget the 2008 Olympics. On a team with Bron, Wade, Kobe, Paul, D-Will it was Melo touted as the best player during the tournament.

Also, per twitter, Melo went to Pringles and told him to play Lin. We may stumble a little, but it will all click eventually.

"Maybe I need to not take so many shots. I don't know," he said. "There's just a bunch of stuff that goes through my mind. Just [trying to figure] out ways to make other guys better. Should I pass it more?"

So called star player questioning his own ability to share the rock and get others involved. This guy would be better served taking less shots and really deferring to Lin. What more do Knick fans need to see out of Melo before you relegate him to permanent ball hog status? What has he done in his tenure that reflects anything close to what Lin has done in 5 games? Please tell me. Dude couldn't even get the team above .500, and if it wasn't for Melo being out these two weeks the Knicks faithful might as well have kissed the season goodbye. I know the dudes on here who think Melo can make the offense better, but as soon as he comes back will see just what kind of impact Melo has on the system.

Carmelo plays one way, and it's not conducive to the Knicks winning games.

Carmelo was asked to play point forward. When his teammates weren't knocking down shots, he shot more himself. He felt he needed to carry the team. Melo was the only player on the team able to create his own shot. Melo, Stat, and Lin all played well, albeit against the nets, but still played well.

Did you see our pg play prior to Lin? TD, Shump, Bibby all couldnt get the ball to our scores in the right spots. Melo had to be almost at the three point line in order to get a decent entry pass. Stat would get the ball at the 3 point line ON A FAST BREAK!

and @Truth/monstar I was joking about people talking bad about our team. You seem to have it all figured out with your extensive knowledge of Melo and what he wants. Maybe melo is just saying the right words right now. But I think this will work

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

nerd.gif
hmm
What MonStar1 said

I know people are trolling but I'm bored:

I love the comment about Melo wanting to bring the ball up and if he does it show that he hasn't changed. Melo has never brought the ball up regularly in his career before this season, so actually if he wants to bring it up regularly after a good point guard is on the court it actually shows that he HAS changed.

Fun facts about Melo's career:

# of times his team has had a sub-.500 record - 0
# of times he's missed the playoffs - 0
# of times his team lost in playoffs to the eventual champions - 3 (Spurs x2, Lakers)
Career shooting % - .457
Shooting % this season - .399 (by far, a career low)
Shooting % the last time he played a full season with a penetrating PG (05-06, Miller) - .481
# of times he's played point before this season - 0 (with no training camp this season)

The Knicks are going to be fun to watch. I just hope Lin doesn't fade, not that he's given any indication that he will. I hope Amare thrives.
EDIT: I had to correct the part about Miller

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

nerd.gif
hmm

floyd....
laugh.gif

Dude is listening to Jemele Hill too much.
Stick to boxing Floyd.

Back
Top Bottom