let this thread die (NYK)

Well...

Amare should be a lock to be more effective, pending how he approaches the game after his brother's death. Melo will be the player to watch.

Originally Posted by d3simet

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

"The game should dictate the star," Chandler said, "not the individual."

I love Tyson Chandler, man. A true leader.
I admitted I was a little disappointed that the Knicks overpaid Tyson Chandler. Know what? I'm glad we got him. 
Tyson Chandler is da man.
pimp.gif

especially with how things worked out 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Well...

Amare should be a lock to be more effective, pending how he approaches the game after his brother's death. Melo will be the player to watch.
I don't know about this 'I don't have to play defense' thing but it looks like everything might go nicely. Hopefully good things will come.
New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony could return to action toward to the end of the week but he doesn’t expect to take much attention away from Jeremy Lin, according to ESPN.com

“When I get back Jeremy will have the ball in his hands and I’m playing off of that,

What he's saying is absolutely true, though.

The problem was that he was asked to be the point forward which was too much responsibility...especially with damn near everyone around him not being able to knock down shots.

Lin changes that. He can go back to where he's more comfortable.

Wilroc wrote:

I don't know about this 'I don't have to play defense' thing but it looks like everything might go nicely. Hopefully good things will come.

2cb484f67be9a3559d67017b47a6_grande.jpg

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 You know all he was saying he doesn't have to do all of these thing on top of being the facilitator. I appreciate that he can call out his own weaknesses for the sake of the team. He's just not the most eloquent person on the planet. 
The Knicks have a bit a of a favorable schedule going into the All-Star break with some good tests sprinkled in. They play Dallas this sunday and then Miami on the 23rd rolling into All-Star weekend. 

Absence makes the something grow something...

Any animosity I had towards Melo is just about gone. Can't wait til he gets back.

I think a lot of Knicks fans were so mesmerized by Lin's play that they wanna believe this team is truly better without Melo. If we're playing a team like the Heat, you NEED a guy like Carmelo on the floor. LeBron locked D Rose down, and he'd do the same to Lin. Without Melo in the lineup, LeBron would have the freedom to play defense on Lin because J Jeffries isn't a huge offensive threat. But with Carmelo in the lineup, LeBron can't play defense on Lin because then Melo would have a mismatch against almost everyone else on Miami. Having Lin/Melo/Amar'e on the floor at the same time prevents teams from being able to double team.

^Agreed anyone who thinks the Knicks are better team without Melo is just foolish.

Great points too HTTB on the Melo having to run the point forward earlier in the season. It took away from him getting any kind of flow with the offense and hurt the team. The key to the offense deficiency was that we had no PG...now that we have one the offense will flow smoothly. I honestly am not worried at all about the Knicks offense once Melo returns later this week.

what's going on with Baron.. I think he will have a slight effect off the bench for the knicks because the emmergence of Lin takes pressure off him and he's on one of the most talented teams in his career

If this guy Baron doesn't play, I'm going to the last MSG game of the season and throwing a beer at his head..Idc if I get banned from MSG for life. After all his talk of "I think we can still be a contender and a great offensive team WHEN I RETURN" is too much of a statement to make for a dude that ends up not playing, or barely playing at all.

That's like me going to the park knowing my ankle is sprained and being like "Yo, when I get on the court I'm gonna bust y'all #$%@+!! I'm bout to drop 30 points..Nobody here can hold me!!" then just leaving a few minutes later without getting on the court

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I think a lot of Knicks fans were so mesmerized by Lin's play that they wanna believe this team is truly better without Melo. If we're playing a team like the Heat, you NEED a guy like Carmelo on the floor. LeBron locked D Rose down, and he'd do the same to Lin. Without Melo in the lineup, LeBron would have the freedom to play defense on Lin because J Jeffries isn't a huge offensive threat. But with Carmelo in the lineup, LeBron can't play defense on Lin because then Melo would have a mismatch against almost everyone else on Miami. Having Lin/Melo/Amar'e on the floor at the same time prevents teams from being able to double team.
Yeah ppl are on that the team is playing good and winning like that's enough when you look at the teams we beat. It's the same thing when other guys come in here complaining about how "fun the team was to watch" before the Melo trade. !#%+ FUN TO WATCH. That's how you know somebody aint fan. We trying to compete. Not just be a .500 team that entertains you. That team was not going to and this team without Melo isn't going to. That's why the trade Melo for role players is pure nonsense.

As for I don't have to worry about  this, that, playing defense, etc. I think Melo was just listing all of the things he had to do as point forward. I don't think he's saying well Lin's got us playing well now so I don't have to do any of these things when I return.

I don't know about Baron, the lack of progess reports has always bothered me especially the little things we were getting about his return just vanished after he wasn't going to make it. That post about his inflamed elbow/arm is the first time I even heard about why he had a setback, since I didn't even know he had a setback. At this point I'm just hoping he can return healthy and be better than the back bums we have at pg currently. I don't want to speculate but it'd look real ugly if he didn't play a game for us. So maybe the beard is back after asw.

If this guy Baron doesn't play, I'm going to the last MSG game of the season and throwing a beer at his head..Idc if I get banned from MSG for life. After all his talk of "I think we can still be a contender and a great offensive team WHEN I RETURN" is too much of a statement to make for a dude that ends up not playing, or barely playing at all.

That's like me going to the park knowing my ankle is sprained and being like "Yo, when I get on the court I'm gonna bust y'all #$%@+!! I'm bout to drop 30 points..Nobody here can hold me!!" then just leaving a few minutes later without getting on the court
roll.gif

Raptors Discussed Anthony Carter For Lin Trade With Knicks Feb 14, 2012 2:10 PM EST

The Knicks and Raptors discussed a trade of Anthony Carter for Jeremy Lin.

New York was interested in bringing back Carter to bring stability to the point guard position.

“We knew one thing about him after bringing (Lin) in,

Yo as long as Lin gets his dimes I'm good. I could care less if he average 3ppg. As long as he hit the right people in the right spots. That's all I ask!

And. If Lin keeps up his dishing, bdiddy def off the bench. If he can't keep up his performance obviously bdiddy starts.
In due time we will see if this kid is the TRUTH

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Raptors Discussed Anthony Carter For Lin Trade With Knicks Feb 14, 2012 2:10 PM EST

New York was interested in bringing back Carter to bring stability to the point guard position.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Yeah ppl are on that the team is playing good and winning like that's enough when you look at the teams we beat. It's the same thing when other guys come in here complaining about how "fun the team was to watch" before the Melo trade. !#%+ FUN TO WATCH. That's how you know somebody aint fan. We trying to compete. Not just be a .500 team that entertains you. That team was not going to and this team without Melo isn't going to. That's why the trade Melo for role players is pure nonsense.
Great post!! As a fan I want a team that is building towards winning a championship not a team that is "fun to watch"....being fun to watch doesn't always equate to championship level play.

BTW I saw a few people post about Baron....not sure when he will be ready but I will say most likely after the All-Star break. From the limited portion of practice I saw yesterday he was going some lower back resistance exercises. It will be great to have him as a backup to Lin....can't believe I just wrote that.....oh how times have changed!
laugh.gif

pretty sure baron is on the normal schedule that doctors gace him months ago

people are just angry becaus they thought he was exaggerating or even faking it so he could get waived

http://twitter.com/TommyDeeTKB
Tommy Dee: Sources tell TKB that top landing spot for JR Smith is still the Knicks, but Smith letting agents "flirt with other situations."
Tommy Dee: The #knicks know they need someone who can stretch the floor from the SG position. Melo has no issue moving the ball to Smith. never did.
Tommy Dee: People can say what they want about Fields, but Melo is the franchise. iSmith is an upgrade and makes melo's life easier in system...

I think a lot of Knicks fans were so mesmerized by Lin's play that they wanna believe this team is truly better without Melo

It just has more to do with the team being MORE INVOLVED and feeding off one another (which is what the Knicks did well before they traded for him)......Melo sitting just exaggerates the fact even more so he has no choice but to adjust his game (finally). It was pretty much Melo/Amare jacking up jump shots and everyone else watching.....recipe for disaster.

I can see Melo exaggerating again like he did with that 1 point 9 assist performance when they won
laugh.gif

"fun the team was to watch" before the Melo trade. !#%+ FUN TO WATCH. That's how you know somebody aint fan. We trying to compete. Not just be a .500 team that entertains you. That team was not going to and this team without Melo isn't going to. That's why the trade Melo for role players is pure nonsense.

That team in itself was a .500 ball club and had good team chemistry, they could have easily continued to let them grow while adding a piece or 2 to put them over the top, and on top of that the team had depth.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

"fun the team was to watch" before the Melo trade. !#%+ FUN TO WATCH. That's how you know somebody aint fan. We trying to compete. Not just be a .500 team that entertains you. That team was not going to and this team without Melo isn't going to. That's why the trade Melo for role players is pure nonsense.
That team in itself was a .500 ball club and had good team chemistry, they could have easily continued to let them grow while adding a piece or 2 to put them over the top, and on top of that the team had depth.
What piece or two would've put that team over the top? or made them a competitive team in the playoffs? What kind of piece? Another star? What piece or two do we add that could out them over the top would've resulted in not losing some of those players we had? After the LeBron plan falls through what exactly what would've put that team to a competitive level? You gotta really consider what was going on with certain players at the time. I miss Gallo and Moz as far as depth goes but that's about it. How long do we wait to let that team grow before we try to make a move to become elite?

At the end of the day with the current level of elite teams in the league. That team before the Melo trade would've been nothing but a fun team to watch. I aint saying the Melo trade was great given all of other things that went down after when you think what if but I'm not regretting getting Melo on the team just cuz we have Pringles as our coach and a new team actually needs to be healthy and at least a training camp to play well together.
Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Just speaking in terms of discussing (not arguing)....
That team only played for half a season together before they were gutted by Dolan, you don't think THAT team with its depth adding a guy like Tyson Chandler afterwards would've been a huge upgrade? Or adding an upgrade in the PG position as well? There were a lot of different routes to go on, and that Melo move was strictly for financial purposes as are all moves involving Dolan.

How long do we wait to let that team grow before we try to make a move to become elite?

We were rebuilding to get under the cap for years and year, watching the team continue to develop and adding pieces would not have been the worst thing in the world to do..... obtaining players that compliment the system in general.

Back
Top Bottom