let this thread die (NYK)

I remember Anthony Carter said he wants to become a coach someday. He isn't a big fan of D'Antoni. I don't blame him. He's a defensive-minded guy. Too obvious. Plus he told the media he felt a little out of place last year. He didn't want to come back here even if the Knicks offered him more money than the Raptors did.

http://www.youtube.com/wa...&feature=player_embedded

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I think a lot of Knicks fans were so mesmerized by Lin's play that they wanna believe this team is truly better without Melo. If we're playing a team like the Heat, you NEED a guy like Carmelo on the floor. LeBron locked D Rose down, and he'd do the same to Lin. Without Melo in the lineup, LeBron would have the freedom to play defense on Lin because J Jeffries isn't a huge offensive threat. But with Carmelo in the lineup, LeBron can't play defense on Lin because then Melo would have a mismatch against almost everyone else on Miami. Having Lin/Melo/Amar'e on the floor at the same time prevents teams from being able to double team.
Yeah ppl are on that the team is playing good and winning like that's enough when you look at the teams we beat. It's the same thing when other guys come in here complaining about how "fun the team was to watch" before the Melo trade. !#%+ FUN TO WATCH. That's how you know somebody aint fan. We trying to compete. Not just be a .500 team that entertains you. That team was not going to and this team without Melo isn't going to. That's why the trade Melo for role players is pure nonsense.
Great post!! As a fan I want a team that is building towards winning a championship not a team that is "fun to watch"....being fun to watch doesn't always equate to championship level play.

BTW I saw a few people post about Baron....not sure when he will be ready but I will say most likely after the All-Star break. From the limited portion of practice I saw yesterday he was going some lower back resistance exercises. It will be great to have him as a backup to Lin....can't believe I just wrote that.....oh how times have changed!
laugh.gif
Indeed, I want a winning team. Look at my signature. The Mets, the Knicks and the Jets haven't won a title yet since my birth. 
tired.gif

And I don't want the Knicks become a boring team to watch at the same time. I mean the Spurs are pretty boring to watch.
laugh.gif

Can someone please find me a link to the game/pre-game, I'm in Miami and I need to watch this game. Please compadres!

Originally Posted by d3simet

CoupeIt88, I pm'd you some links. Check your message.

can't find it for the pre-game, all I'm getting is the "video isn't available at the moment". Thanks tho, anything else?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Just speaking in terms of discussing (not arguing)....
That team only played for half a season together before they were gutted by Dolan, you don't think THAT team with its depth adding a guy like Tyson Chandler afterwards would've been a huge upgrade? Or adding an upgrade in the PG position as well? There were a lot of different routes to go on, and that Melo move was strictly for financial purposes as are all moves involving Dolan.
That's that what if speculative situation though. We'd still have to lose a few guys to get Tyson, namely not signing Chandler back but yeah that team would be better but Tyson Chandler is a huge upgrade regardless. The way you're saying it is you'd rather get rid of some of the guys in Melo trade one by one for other needs. I always fetl Felton was a stop-gap pg for us and we always wanted Nash ( or D-Will and maybe we go for CP3 if he still wants to be here). So to me a lot of those guys on that team ppl were saying was fun to watch would be gone anyway just not all at once
How long do we wait to let that team grow before we try to make a move to become elite?
We were rebuilding to get under the cap for years and year, watching the team continue to develop and adding pieces would not have been the worst thing in the world to do..... obtaining players that compliment the system in general.
I felt a move needed to be made after the summer of LeBron. It's not a panic move since we're actually getting top 10 players. I don't think we should've just kept waiting unless you feel we should've extended Pringles. Donnie at this time has to consider his job too. I mean just playing out the season and talk about what we plan to do for that off season would not be enough unless he had a legit backup plan after that season. If not he's gone. Like I said there's a lot of things that happened since you have to consider if you're gonna say I wish we had that pre-Melo team.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Originally Posted by d3simet

CoupeIt88, I pm'd you some links. Check your message.

can't find it for the pre-game, all I'm getting is the "video isn't available at the moment". Thanks tho, anything else?
Anytime. No pregames for sure. You have to wait for a game to get started. 

I'm ready for more LIN-sanity! with STAT 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I wanna see pick and rolls allll day vs the Raptors.

Does anyone know where I can get New York Knicks gear like this? I checked the NBA store online and they only sell the T-shirt
longwf.png

Back
Top Bottom