let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

in other news, we just passed the lakers thread 
laugh.gif

roll.gif

and the Hawks, Bucks and Celtics lost tonight too... damn!

The top reasons we lost tonight were our perimeter defense and containing Deron. When someone shows me how that's Melo's fault I'll concede the point. Dudes talking about the flow of the offense...WE GOT COOKED ON DEFENSE!!!

melo doesnt play defense, doesnt get rebounds, he's an iso player. This team would be alot better with Dwight Howard than 'Melo. Melo peaked at Syracuse.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by zapatito007

we play better without melo were a much slower team with him on da court amare is way off to i rather see linlin shot before amare we went on a 9 game losing streak with amare n melo wen lin came in n we didnt have melo we won8 n lost 1

I see the experts are out tonight.
pimp.gif
that gave me a headache reading that
laugh.gif

This Knicks thread reminds me of the Laker game day threads a few years ago when we were winning championships...  We had a mix of haters, casual fans, and bandwagon fans coming in and it made it made the purist fans look bad.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Why were worst with melo? Hmm where to begin first of all it seems when melo gets the ball his mindset is ok I'm gonna get us a bucket now which is cool but he gets our other 4 players on the floor out of sync mainly fields. Today Lin deferred too much to melo and it took him off his normal aggressive self. Now it's only one game so there is no need to panic but I guarantee you people this will not work out with melo and a month from now I will say I told u so
Melo took 11 shots bro. Lin took 18. Be serious. That's all I'm asking from some of ya'll. Did Melo's 6 assists disrupt the flow as well? From the way some of ya'll talk it's like you think Lin can carry us to a championship on his own strength.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by zapatito007

we play better without melo were a much slower team with him on da court amare is way off to i rather see linlin shot before amare we went on a 9 game losing streak with amare n melo wen lin came in n we didnt have melo we won8 n lost 1

I see the experts are out tonight.
pimp.gif
that gave me a headache reading that
laugh.gif

This Knicks thread reminds me of the Laker game day threads a few years ago when we were winning championships...  We had a mix of haters, casual fans, and bandwagon fans coming in and it made it made the purist fans look bad.

When Melo asks for the ball on the floor, and you can TELL he wants it, all other movement stops. Cause you KNOW hes going to shoot it.

Just let it cook Melo, let it cook.

Originally Posted by petermans

I want to murk a few people on my facebook.
This.
"DERONsanity"
indifferent.gif

Let's admit that Deron had a phenomenal game, dropped 40 on us and just caused havoc.
Melo is rusty and it seemed like Lin was trying too hard to get Melo involved.

If Deron had an average game and Melo drops 20 then we're good to go.
Add on to the fact that our best perimeter defender wasn't suited up today.

We'll be fine long-term.
smokin.gif

Real fans know not to panic.
glasses.gif

Deron played a great game...I thought they had a shot when they fouled him out but no...

Baron looked good, well need him down the line...however, we need Shump on the perimeter....there were a couple of plays where I'd like to have seen JR take his man off the dribble and just create...that'll come in time.

Amare seems to have lost a lot of aggression. When he dunked on Williams, it was a shocker...he needs to play like that night in and night out..

Not worried but they need to let Tyson and Lin get a break.

Originally Posted by arrjae2

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

in other news, we just passed the lakers thread 
laugh.gif

roll.gif

and the Hawks, Bucks and Celtics lost tonight too... damn!
Well, that's good news. 
Landry Fields really needs to stop standing in the corner. 

W need to hire a free throw coach. It's pathetic that Tyson Chandler is our best free throw shooter. 

I don't think you can have Amare and Melo together for long stretches. Pair either of them with Jeffries and rotate the 3 of them.

I'm not pinning the loss on either Amare or Melo. I think both played pretty decently tonight. I just think having them together on the court sacrifices too much on D.

Amare's knees really may be shot. He's not getting any lift on his jumpers or his drives. He's getting blocked more often as well. Gotta see how it plays out this year before we start talkin trades though.

Can't even imagine what our record would be without Lin right now smh. Hoping melo gets injured again please basketball gods make it happen

Back
Top Bottom