let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by s1eepyboy

the dude just came off an injury with other newcomers who have to adjust. relax. its not even a year yet since we've had melo

Quit making excuses for this dude. We are 8-16 with him as our captain. That is not acceptable for a so called superstar player in NYC.
Are you daft? We had no point guard. Having no PG is akin to having no engine in your car. Show me one team that's had success without at least a decent point guard. Just one team.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

On some real *%+. I'm DUCKING TIGHT

Not mad at Melo for (being a slow, lazy, and incompetent bum).

Not mad at Stat for (being an airhead & moron on both sides of the court)

I'm mad at the aura of our team, did anyone notice the body language and team "chemistry" become completely different. Is Melo's ego and stardom just weighing down on the players? This is ridiculous. It shouldn't matter if D-Will had 40 points, we should STILL win this game. 
No, it has nothing to do with Melo's ego. Deron Williams damaged the Knicks' energy and spirit straight up in the third quarter. 18 point a quarter. He was toying with Knicks players. His ridiculous crossover moves =  
sick.gif

Melo is the problem but somebody's man almost dropped 40.

This was a team loss no one played good.

Shump has to find 20 min somehow as we saw tonight his defense is unmatched on this team

Oh now it's cuz we had no pg lmao. Kobe has no pg is he going 8-16?
Ok now we're comparing 5x NBA champion Derrick Fisher to rec league bench warmer Toney Douglas. Cool. Again, be serious bro. Fisher may not be worth a damn on defense anymore and he may miss layups but he still knows how to run an offense.

Some of the ##+* I'm reading is just
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
$#@+@%+ absurd.

Bunch of prisoners of the moment on here and tim teufel is the warden. You do this after every single game, boxing fight, match, whatever sporting event is going on. ##+*, even between innings and quarters too. There is no long term or bigger picture with y'all. Constantly judging ##+* as it happens and coming to short-sighted conclusions.
Originally Posted by RavageBX

Yo I swear some of ya'll are some of the most impetuous, irrational, and illogical fans I've ever seen. Isht is embarrassing. "WE NEED A BOARD"

Yo I swear some of ya'll are some of the most impetuous, irrational, and illogical fans I've ever seen. Isht is embarrassing. "WE NEED A BOARD"

After a W: "KNICKS TOP TEAM IN THE LEAGUE, WE CAN PLAY WITH THE BEST, EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS BOUND!, etc."
After a L: "BENCH AMARE, TRADE MELO, FIRE D'ANTONI, WHY IS _____ NOT PLAYING, WHY IS _____ PLAYING, BLOW THE TEAM UP, etc."

Only a matter of time before y'all turn on Lin too.

$$#! your feelings.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
$#@+@%+ absurd.

Bunch of prisoners of the moment on here and tim teufel is the warden. You do this after every single game, boxing fight, match, whatever sporting event is going on. ##+*, even between innings and quarters too. There is no long term or bigger picture with y'all. Constantly judging ##+* as it happens and coming to short-sighted conclusions.

After a W: "KNICKS TOP TEAM IN THE LEAGUE, WE CAN PLAY WITH THE BEST, EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS BOUND!, etc."
After a L: "BENCH AMARE, TRADE MELO, FIRE D'ANTONI, WHY IS _____ NOT PLAYING, WHY IS _____ PLAYING, BLOW THE TEAM UP, etc."

$$#! your feelings.
Such is life in the 'XX-'XX NYK thread.

And 
laugh.gif
 at warden tim teufel. Melo must have stolen his girl.

^Nah fam Lin still has that shiny new glow on him lol. It doesn't matter that Deron dropped 40 on his head. Lin will lead us to the promised land
eyes.gif

I love what Lin has been doing and what he represents, but like I said earlier if you think he is going to carry this team to a championship against the likes of Chicago, Miami and OKC you're fooling yourself.

Mayweather probably chessing hard as hell counting his stacks right now 
laugh.gif
. This loss damn near feels like a setup. Deron was dialed in. The Nets were 15-31 from 3. Just wasn't our night. 

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Chemistry plays no part in this loss?

Melo is RUSTY, clearly. 1 loss and we're ready to throw him under the bus. Geesh

Yeah....cuz Melo has only lost 1 time as a New York Knick.
Oh, and last season when he came to the Knicks he had the exact same point guard that he was playing with in Denver. He came into this season with pretty much the exact same team as last year except with Chandler added on (upgrade), Shump added on (upgrade) and Bibby who's played spot minutes. And they're 8-16 with him this year, 8-1 without him.

Melo isn't the problem at all bro, he's rusty, he didn't have a point guard earlier in the year, he knows how to score he'll help the team, he played on the Olympic team he'll adjust, they just need to get their chemistry right, he cheered from the bench while he wasn't playing he'll have a good attitude once he comes back, he's a top 5 player in the league why would you trade that, it's D'Antoni's fault he's the one that needs to adjust....

22-34 with Melo as a New York Knick while the Denver Nuggets are 35-20 without him. No correlation at all though.

There are laker fans that would take Douglas over fish today lulz. Kobe has no pg and isn't 8-16. I don't know how any of you so called knick fans can even defend the fact that a so called great player like melo has kept us in the cellar of the eastern conference. Sorry I look at wins and losses and not at a marquee name. We are 8-16 with melo running things that is pathetic sorry.

RuffRydya08:
would y'all do Amar'e for Gasol? Just a thought.
indifferent.gif
@ me, I know
Sure, and we can throw in Fish for Douglas, too, just to really see how we do w/ each other's trash.
laugh.gif

There are laker fans that would take Douglas over fish today lulz. Kobe has no pg and isn't 8-16. I don't know how any of you so called knick fans can even defend the fact that a so called great player like melo has kept us in the cellar of the eastern conference. Sorry I look at wins and losses and not at a marquee name. We are 8-16 with melo running things that is pathetic sorry.
niketalk

Dude really try to say Kobe has a pg haha. I wonder about these so called knick fans that rather have a marquee named player than a well rounded team of decent players. But like dude up there said we are 22-34 with melo running things. If that isn't a fail I dunno what is.

I'm not one to blame Melo, because we've had our fair share of black hole's/cancers in the past, and he's NOT one. He's shown he bought into the system and he's more committed on the defensive end now more than ever. But something just isnt right with him on this team. Just doesnt fit.

I know I'm not wildin where are people getting this 8-16. I know he missed a couple of games and like 10 games he was playing hurt

Melo had no PG.

Now if this continues with Lin/Baron, then we have a huge problem.

Willing to know who a3xis thinks is at the root.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
$#@+@%+ absurd.

That might happen sooner than later. This team needs a scapegoat for fans. D'Antoni is always there, but there's always a player that gets the brunt of the hate. Most of the time, I agree with a lot of the complaints, but it's so unnecessarily excessive. I understand the frustrations of being a Knicks fan, but it's not like this team is one game away from the Finals.. and Melo or Amare don't show up... it's a regular season game against a team that wanted to beat us badly, against a PG who didn't want an undrafted kid from Harvard to beat him again and along with foul trouble, Melo being rusty, and working out the lineups.. we lost.
I'm well aware and very often criticize myself the faults of our players. But people knew who Melo was before he got here. He can take over a game and come up clutch, but he has his faults as well. The biggest of which is he might not be the right fit with the current construction of the team. Amare has never been defensive oriented, and his struggles on offense have a lot of possible explanations. But we all should have known what we were getting ourselves into with the Melo trade.. yeah we managed to replace some of the depth we lost, but Melo is still a unique player that can't just be thrown into any offense and flourish. 

If Jeremy Lin cools off (which he almost has to) but can still be a solid PG and control this team.. then we go into the playoffs with more depth and balance than we started the year with. We're still in the same boat, on paper we don't beat Miami or Chicago. But you play the games and who knows.. Carmelo takes over a game, JR blacks out and hits 9 3's, Wade gets hurt, and you steal some playoff wins. To be honest, as long as we have Carmelo and Amare.. that's the best we can hope for. If fans truly think this owner will trade Carmelo after the CHAOS it took to get him here, then more power to you.. but I'm shocked if Melo is moved this year. If someone wants to trade for Amare and his contract, I'm shocked again. Like it or not, this will probably be the team for the foreseeable future.

Here's the thing.. the $%*+ you want us to do about it? Say every single person agrees with you, will you stop posting the same stuff about how awful Melo is? Carmelo is a problem at times, so is the coach, so was our depth, our PG, Amare, our owner, the AC in the Garden might have been too cold, anything. Do you just want to be proven right and have the Knicks suck just so you can say "I told you so"? 

The only solution to a issue with Carmelo is trading him. I don't think that happens. I'd love it if it did happen, but I'm not counting on it. So.. either the fans deal with it and accept the problems of the team or we whine excessively after every loss. You're generally trolling, so I don't take you that seriously, but still.

22274_o.gif

The fans will never turn on someone that gets us wins and hustles. Lin has done both. And if u consider solid facts of 22-34 with melo running our team a troll than I guess I am.

Naturally you ignore my point. What possible solution do you suggest? Because other than trading Melo, nothing will be a true solution. I don't think that happens, therefore.. I see no reason in CONSTANTLY complaining and whining about Melo on this team. At least the coach has a better chance of being fired, so in a rare case, I'd actually welcome complaints about D'Antoni.

Obviously the fans won't turn on Lin when we win.. what kind of sense does that make? If the losses start and Lin has bad games.. we will see people asking for Davis to take over.

Even if Melo didn't play tonight, the Knicks still would have lost.

Novak missed MULTIPLE open 3s.

JR Smith missed a lot of good looks and just looked off, like he still needs to adjust to the NBA again.

Tyson was banged up and was tapping loose balls rather than grabbing rebounds because his wrist was too sore for him to do so.

Amare's defense was Amare-esque. Played soft and let a lot of easy shots happen. And wasn't boxing out on the glass.

Baron came in and didn't do much. Granted, it was his first game in months, but he wasn't very aggressive. Only time he attacked the paint was on that final play of the 1st quarter when he made that 45 second behind the back pass.

Lin got destroyed on the defensive end by D Will. Yes, you'd rather Deron shoot 3s than mid-range jumpers, but when he's making them and you're not getting around screens fast enough, that's on you as a defender. If Shump plays this game, Deron makes about 3 less three pointers than he did, and this game turns out completely differently.

Overall, it was a TEAM loss. You win as a team and lose as a team.

Carmelo took 11 shots. That's not a lot at all. In comparison, Amar'e took 17 and Lin took 18. Steve Novak took 1 less shot than Melo for God sake. Get off the guy's back

P.S- Carmelo was 2nd behind Lin in the assist department with 6 assists

missed the game, just caught up on the thread. 
indifferent.gif

I'm gonna try and catch this repeat before I have words, but still...

flashmupload_1313977882015_5435_39305.jpg

What the @!!* happened?

The fans will never turn on someone that gets us wins and hustles. Lin has done both. And if u consider solid facts of 22-34 with melo running our team a troll than I guess I am.

Lin can get regular season wins and hustle all he wants though. Do you think Lin is leading this team to win a series against Chicago? Boston? Orlando? Miami? OKC if they end up on top of the east?

C'mon bruh. Lin is good and he's been playing great but he can only get us so far. Melo is a star and a star closer, when he's on his game and playing his game he is one of the best in the league.

I say we see how this team is running after a few practices and feeling out games with everybody in good health before pointing the blame at one single person.

There is no solution. And I'm not complaining just stating facts that melo coming to this team has only hurt us instead of helping. If ya wanna keep believing in this dude that's cool but I'm no longer blind to the issue.

Back
Top Bottom