let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

I think we can all agree that if the Knicks don't win a super bowl tonight against a Joe Johnson-less, pause, Hawks team that is time to blow the team up.

But in all honesty lets look back at the 1st year with Melo.

Knicks were barely over .500 before the trade that sent 3, or 4, of our starters for 2 starters.
There was very little practice time to gel
Billups did not run D'Antoni's system (no practice time to learn it)
We make the playoffs and get swept. Game 1 were were cheated of a win, Stat got hurt during WARM UPS in game 2. Billups was out too. Melo did all he could.
the start of the '11-'12 season is delayed and shortened due to the lockout.
There is not enough time for the new "big three" to get enough reps together
Amar'e's back injury is a lot more serious that we though and he is probably playing himself into shape
WE DON'T HAVE A TRUE POINT GUARD TO START THE SEASON
Shump gets hurt and Baron doesn't play any minutes in the first 30 games
We sign Lin because he was there
Jorts gets hurt
D'Antoni is on the hot seat and Lin's contract is about to be voided so he plays
Lin blows up
Stat's brother dies, misses a week
Melo get hurs, misses a week
We sign Swish (JR Smiths walks across the room)
We get everyone back against the Nets after an emotions win over dallas the night before
The first 3 minutes gives everyone hope of what we can do on the court
WE CANT THROW THE BALL IN THE OCEAN
Nets go coco bongo from downtown
we lose

This team needs time. The all-star break should help us.

Everyone sit the FUUUUUU Down.

Great post!
Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

random fantasy question:

I was proposed this trade

give up Melo for Amar'e, Wesley Matthews, and Jru Holiday

On my roster I already have CP3, Shump, Scola, Noah, deandre jordan, kyrie irving, dudley and frye

Good move? I would still need a starting 2 guard and i am clogged with bigs. If i do the trade i have to move Jordan and maybe holiday.

Thoughts?

The other thing I will say about the team gelling is that there was no offseason because of the lockout. So all the meshing that was supposed to be done during camp and all of that went out the window. The guys still have barely practiced together the way things worked out. There was barely any practice time last season because of the Post-Season push, No camp to work things out before the season, and with the condensed schedule there is barely practice time because if there are off days those are used to get players some rest to stay healthy.

Bron and Wade didnt look good all of last year. It wasnt until they played everyday with eachother over those summer leagues this summer where they actually meshed well enough. Melo and Amare still havent had anytime to really see where they wanna be or do on offense in a practice sense. Its all game action. A good amount of that is on Amare because I dont think I saw him in any of those summer leagues. There were plenty of chances for him and Melo to get some work in together in the offseason.

Any of you guys see first take and them saying d Antoni is thinking of using Lin off the bench and starting bd? Wut?

its not a joke i saw the same segment 

our coach is just incompetent. our media has always let him get away with saying ridiculous things. If melo said this it would be on the front page. I barely see this reported

I see what hes doing. Lin will still end up with more minutes than Baron. But he is going to start Baron because he will look to distribute to the starters and they dont need him to score with that team on the floor. And then Lin would come in with the second unit so we dont have the offensive falloff we all see when the starters come off the floor. Then Lin would just end up playing the rest of the game out with rests here and there.

I dont hate the idea as far as being good for the team. Atleast try it out and see what happens. But I dont agree with doing it now. I mean Baron just got back and only played like 5 minutes last game and now you want him running with starters? I also dont agree with doing it now because another L (even if it comes because of experimenting) might make half of New York find their nearest bridge and just end it all the way this thread is after Ls.

But if Baron can keep the ball moving and keep the energy high with the first team this could be an extremely key rotational move so that our second team isnt killing us every night. I wouldnt try this till after the break tho. Give Baron some PT the rest of the week and get in up to game speed and then when we get back from the all star break try this out and see how it goes.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

jebus christ. its gonna be nothing but record talk of since he was traded here to now. all day.

I'm not one to make excuses but Los definitely hit the nail on the head.

Is that not what matters?

This team better not lose to the Hawks tonight. Hawks are 3-7 over their past 10 games and they don't have Joe Johnson tonight. A loss would have the Melo haters in full force. I'm confident the squad will bounce back tonight tho. After that Hornets loss, they came out with some fire against the Mavs

Esquire1968L.jpg

this is melo's avatar on twitter 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

aint no question. he hears all the criticism. Ali stood up for his beliefs. Melo just losing games 
laugh.gif
 but whatever. he wanted new york he got it

ive never seen that picture. its amazing. 

[h3][/h3]Iman Shumpert

Shumpert is the Knicks' most versatile defender. Sure, Tyson Chandler anchors the defense and Jared Jeffries takes lots of charges, but Shumpert has been defending players at every position from point guard to power forward. New York even tried him out on Dirk Nowitzki when they played the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday. Shumpert's defense definitely warrants praise, especially in isolation situations, where Shumpert holds players to 27.3 percent shooting and 0.600 points per possession. That puts him in the top 17 percent of all NBA players. Most impressive, however, is the fact that Shumpert forces turnovers 25.5 percent of the time when he guards isolation plays. Shumpert's success comes from his quickness, long arms, active hands, and aggressive mind-set.

Shumpert's quickness allows him to stay in front of his man, and once the offensive player looks to make a countermove, Shumpert puts his long arms to work, reaching and probing to get a piece of the basketball. Shumpert gets whistled for fouls 14.5 percent of the time when he defends one-on-one situations, so he could be a little smarter about when he reaches in, but the fact that he puts constant pressure on offensive players and will steal the ball from them if they don't protect it makes Shumpert a very scary defender.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

so a year ago today, Carmelo was officially traded to the knicks....i don't need to ask tim teufel about his thoughts lol but..Thoughts about the trade now?

tired.gif

Thats how I feel

I know right Allen.
laugh.gif
at least i got the finisher on the Nets.
grin.gif

And good. I hope they just shut Shump down til after the break. Get his knee right.
Get a good look at what we can do defensively without him.
Popular vote? He was winning the contest no matter what tho...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom