let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by kevi

it's crazy how much changes in a year. last year we tried hard to verse the heat in the playoffs because e thought stat would dominate bosh. and melo would beast on lebron. melo probably could till but stat its th other way around now smh
How old are you? I just taught my 6 year old nephew to stop using that word for that purpose.

if melo plays his game they'll just double team him. Kobe has gasol and bynum and plays defense. they didnt let novak get an open look after 3 in a row.

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

Stat was a no show in the last few minutes
Dude has like one dunk a game that gets us hype and saying #@#% like "that's the stat we need".  This ++*%% needs to go, his time is beyond over

main thing was lin. hopefully he can figure it out.

we were on a back to back. played like %@$@. and were in it for most of the game. ive seen far worse losses than this one.

we missed so many loos balls. didnt rebound well.

the rotations were putrid and i still hope pringles gets fired. he just isnt a coach. he's a philosophy. cant adjust.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Melo will kill Linsanity.  Linsanity will be done when Miami blows them out on Thursday.  It was funny while it lasted

Pretty much. So sad these blind knick fans can't see what a 8-16 led melo team has been doing. His presence alone is a cancer to this team

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Call me now!  I do palm readings too.  Told ya'll

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

I aint even mad
This though.
Stat is almost useless, yes I know someone close to him died. But come on!
Honestly, Melo and STAT didn't seem involved in the offense a whole lot. Not sure how many shots they took but neither got fed the ball enough so that they could get hot.

This team will be fine. They played arguably the best team in the NBA. That's not a measuring stick at all. If the team lives up to it's potential after the break and wins the games they should win, they won't be anywhere near 7th/8th seed so they won't have to play a team like Miami in the first round. I don't see this team losing in a 7 game series to anyone besides Miami. I can't comment on the Bulls because this current lineup hasn't played the Bulls yet.

Despite a sloppy game, here are the few positives I saw.

1-Landry stayed aggressive. His first game with Melo he was a spectator, but the past 2 games, he has been aggressive.
2-Novak is an X-Factor in virtually any game this team plays going forward. He's a 9-0 run possibility on his own any time he gets out on the court.
3-JR looked much better tonight than he did the past 2 games. He was attacking the basket more and was making plays.
4-Amar'e actually played some sort of defense in that 1st half. He disappeared offensively and defensively in the 2nd half, but apparently he has the ability to play defense.

You can't turn the ball over that much and expect to win.

To make matters worse this looked like an off game for the Heat

I thought Melo, JR, Novak and possibly fields were the only ones who came to play

Lin just kept picking up his dribble in a bad spot

how did this look like an off game for the heat ^
laugh.gif

one thing is that this is the heat's plan. it wont be changing. we saw it and now we can prepare.

you gotta assume lin makes necessary adjustments

melo can be very good but he just doesnt have enough of an impact in the win loss column.

honestly i didnt think this game was all that bad. just a learning experience

i keep telling myself they need more time playing together but i dont think lin is gonna get better than what we have seen. he picks up his dribble in traffic which kills the offence or he is making jump passes to no where.

Originally Posted by DubA169

how did this look like an off game for the heat ^
laugh.gif

one thing is that this is the heat's plan. it wont be changing. we saw it and now we can prepare.

you gotta assume lin makes necessary adjustments

melo can be very good but he just doesnt have enough of an impact in the win loss column.

honestly i didnt think this game was all that bad. just a learning experience
lebron scored 20 points

lebron scored 20 efficiently and was playing hard defense the entire night. what the heat are only on their game if lebron drops 40?

i saw nothing poor about the heat.

chris bosh is the most important player on the heat btw.if he keeps hitting those open shots at this rate 
sick.gif
 hes the most consistent player on that team

Originally Posted by Slicknick951

i keep telling myself they need more time playing together but i dont think lin is gonna get better than what we have seen. he picks up his dribble in traffic which kills the offence or he is making jump passes to no where.

Lin is the least of our problems. He's been a bonus it's time to start blaming melo and stat for playing like pure garbage. These two dudes are getting paid millions and for what?

I agree.
Its too late for him to improve his handle, teams will keep going over the pick with double teams and pressuring him.

We need a healthy Baron and Shump to split minutes with Lin and keep defenses on their heels and guessing. 

Lin is the least of our problems. He's been a bonus it's time to start blaming melo and stat for playing like pure garbage. These two dudes are getting paid millions and for what?

Thats true too.
Them two need to start getting on the same page and playing to their potentials. 

I don't know why D'antoni never puts them two in pick and roll situations with each other.

Well, the good thing is that there are very few teams that are as quick, aggressive and effective as Miami when defending the PNR. The bad thing is the two that undoubtedly are: Them and Chicago.

Originally Posted by DubA169

lebron scored 20 efficiently and was playing hard defense the entire night. what the heat are only on their game if lebron drops 40?

i saw nothing poor about the heat.

chris bosh is the most important player on the heat btw.if he keeps hitting those open shots at this rate 
sick.gif
 hes the most consistent player on that team
no...lebron is the most consistent player on the team
so far this year he hasn't had a bad game

wade and bosh have

so that's why if lebron scores 20, then the other team should be happy

Team played competitively despite some off nights shooting wise by a few people, but this team has a deep bench and will be a strength for this team.

They are poised for a solid 2nd half push, just have to beat the teams your're supposed to beat.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Thats true too.
Them two need to start getting on the same page and playing to their potentials. 

I don't know why D'antoni never puts them two in pick and roll situations with each other.
Not enough plays being consistently ran through them. I understand there needs to be ball movement but their best scoring games will result in them getting the ball in back to back possessions.

Back
Top Bottom