let this thread die (NYK)

I think Lin and Melo are a big part of wether we win or loss but Stat is gonna be the ultimate difference maker. We cant make any deep playoff run if hes going to be ghost. We need that Stat from last year and the one in PHX

Shumpert would've been the difference today... shame we didn't get to see him out there. Wade would not have been able to do what he did. 

The should of score more points they missed a bunch of wide open layups

We only made 3 shots in the 3rd and was down only 14

If we are losing by a lot chandler and Jeffries shouldn't be on the floor together. I have no idea why Amar'e basically sat out the 2 half. I think he didn't get into the 4th until there was 6 minutes to go

I was shocked when they said he had 13 points

i wish our team wasnt so predictable and reliant on the pick and roll... i mean switch it up... i bet another coach would do a better job with this lineup instead of the gimmick offense dantoni uses for the knicks

^Exactly. Why can't they push the tempo once in a while? Isn't that what Phoenix was known for with Pringles?

I'd rather be in an uptempo game instead of trying to grind it out against a top defensive team in the half court for 48 minutes. Lord knows, Lin could've used some easy buckets. 

One thing is for sure and two for certain, JR and Novak definitely have proven their worth to the team. I would like to see Jr with the ball a bit more, either off the dribble or as a passer....he can relieve some pressure off Lin when he's pressed...Baron and Jr give us two solid ball handlers...Novak with another good game. I also think JR spaces the floor way better when he's in with Amare and Melo, but it is what it is.

Amare had that dunk on the baseline...and I wish he could consistently just play big...understand what he's dealing with but it's just so drastic how bad he's fallen off. Baron should know better than to take some of the shots that he took as well, I guess it was just one of those nights.

A win is ideal but the gap between the Heat and the Knicks is huge. It was a good barometer game, but this team will need to beat the teams that it is supposed to.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

^Exactly. Why can't they push the tempo once in a while? Isn't that what Phoenix was known for with Pringles?

I'd rather be in an uptempo game instead of trying to grind it out against a top defensive team in the half court for 48 minutes. Lord knows, Lin could've used some easy buckets. 
Team is still 2nd in the league in pace this year. But I don't think tonight was the night to try and create a track meet. It's Suicide against the Heat. 
I do agree D'Antoni needs to differentiate his offense, especially given the front-line. But I just don't think he can or will. A good chunk of his career and success is predicated on the pick & roll, not likely to deviate from it. What he probably needs to do is make sure JR or Novak are on the floor more often, not both but just 1 of them..Melo/Fields are not 3pt threats playing off of the PNR. How many times does Landry hesitate on shots Novak/JR would pull the trigger on? 

LMAO at blaming Melo WOW what is he the scapegoat now? We lost this game because....

-Lin played scared, every turnover = easy fastbreak points (He's gotta take blame for this L)

-Dantonis horrible rotations

-they had 345345353453453 second chance points

What's good with Amare's shooting off curl plays? That's unacceptable. I honestly can't think of any other PF in the league that shoots off the curl. This guy runs in a circle, gets hit with the ball at the top of the key and in one motion pulls up for a jumper. It's like a Reggie Miller shot, but from a near 7 footer. You can't have that from your PF, especially when his shot is off. He needs to square up to the basket and just shoot.

Kevin Love, Aldridge, Bosh, and a few other PFs shoot a lot of jumpers but they square up to the basket. That's how he used to play last year, but I have no idea where that went.

When it's all done and said...what in the world is going on with Amare? How did you go from having to a mvp like first half of the season last year to this utter disaster? Does anyone have a logical answer instead of "he's a bum." Back problems? Emotional(family) problems?

I think the back is definitely bothering him. Also, that muscle he put on was a complete waste. If any of you guys play basketball and speed is a big part of your game, I'm sure you're either thin or have lean muscle. This guy Amar'e relied on his speed last season, then bulked up with 20 pounds of solid muscle and now he slowed down. It also seems like that extra muscle is weighing him down. Blake is pretty muscular but he has the frame to be able to handle the extra weight. Amar'e has a thin frame with muscle, which just prevents him from having that explosiveness he once had.

If Amar'e is emotionally not into playing right now because of what happened with his brother, then it might be a long while before that changes 
ohwell.gif
Thank God, I've been lucky enough not to have a close family member pass, but I can't imagine the pain he is dealing with right now having a brother he considered his "guardian angel" die so young, at such a pressure filled moment in his life. Everyone had high hopes for this Knicks team going into the season, and family is usually who you turn to for guidance, comfort, and advice. If his biggest supporter and person of guidance was his brother, it won't be very soon that he gets over that loss.

Originally Posted by petermans

When it's all done and said...what in the world is going on with Amare? How did you go from having to a mvp like first half of the season last year to this utter disaster? Does anyone have a logical answer instead of "he's a bum." Back problems? Emotional(family) problems?
If it's not injuries being worse than we thought coming in to the season or just a sequence of bad events where the injuries were the reason and then we he got over that and then family problems held him back again I don't know why he's playing this way. There really is no other explanation.

Unless this was his plan all along or he's playing possum. I hope this isn't a Rashard Lewis situation.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by petermans

If it's not injuries being worse than we thought coming in to the season or just a sequence of bad events where the injuries were the reason and then we he got over that and then family problems held him back again I don't know why he's playing this way. There really is no other explanation.

Unless this was his plan all along or he's playing possum. I hope this isn't a Rashard Lewis situation.

I'm positive its all mental , if it was injuries they would have shut him down a long time ago. I was watching highlights of last year when he was dominating and in comparison to now, he just doesn't look like he's all there during games. I'm 99% its mental, maybe with what happened to his brother. Idk but def no injuries.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

baron was actually a + 5 on the court while lin was a - 19 good lord

Wow, I don't remember baron making more than one shot the entire game! Lin was like a deer in the headlights, scared and playing with no confidence.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

LMAO at blaming Melo WOW what is he the scapegoat now? We lost this game because....

-Lin played scared, every turnover = easy fastbreak points (He's gotta take blame for this L)

Yeah let's act like taking 20 shots to score 19 points was a good game now. His third str8 bad game since his return. So called top 5 player in the league tho.....

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Lin is the least of our problems. He's been a bonus it's time to start blaming melo and stat for playing like pure garbage. These two dudes are getting paid millions and for what?
Thats true too.
Them two need to start getting on the same page and playing to their potentials. 

I don't know why D'antoni never puts them two in pick and roll situations with each other.
Not enough plays being consistently ran through them. I understand there needs to be ball movement but their best scoring games will result in them getting the ball in back to back possessions.

What constitutes as a play running through them though? Mello getting the ball in isolation and making a strong drive to the hoop or settling for a bad jumpshot. Mello can create good looks for himself, but some of those shots he took were terrible. As for the Big Useless down low, what can you possibly run for him? Some one needs to SET HIM A SCREEN so he can get a layup since his useless self can barely get up to dunk anymore. He is really starting to remind me of 99 Patrick Ewing when the team played at a fast pace and he slowed them down. Now the situations aren't exactly the same, but the defense played by the rest of the team is screwed with him jogging back and being afraid to guard his man.

Yeah let's act like taking 20 shots to score 19 points was a good game now. His third str8 bad game since his return. So called top 5 player in the league tho.....

I don't think anyone is saying Melo was good, just that it's irrational to put as much blame on him as Some people have. That's just plain lazy.

I mean ur playing ur biggest rival and u take 7 shots? Stat and melo haven't made one ounce of difference in making this team good or exciting this year. Just trying to think in the history of the nba if there has ever been two super star players paired up that have had such a rough stretch together like melo and stat

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I don't think anyone is saying Melo was good, just that it's irrational to put as much blame on him as Some people have. That's just plain lazy.

Do u consider melo a top five player in the league? Cause if u do he has to get blamed if he can't even carry us for one single game. That is what top players do carry their team on any given night. When was the last time u can say melo carried us for one single game?

I'm as big a Lin supporter as there is ( I still am)

Jeremy Lin was totally intimidated yesterday; played completely scared.
Carmelo just does not look in shape to me; no lift going to the hole.
Amare - Someone please remind him of his phoenix days when he was taking it to Tim Duncan on the daily basis with ease. "Where were you yesterday?"

With all that said, I am still a big fan of this team; Understand Jeremy has a long way to go but the future is bright.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Shumpert would've been the difference today... shame we didn't get to see him out there. Wade would not have been able to do what he did. 
Wade went 10-22. That was his lowest FG% since he came back from his injuries nearly a month ago. I'm not sure what more you want.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

You want to get into an uptempo game against one of the fastest teams in the league?

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Do u consider melo a top five player in the league? Cause if u do he has to get blamed if he can't even carry us for one single game. That is what top players do carry their team on any given night. When was the last time u can say melo carried us for one single game?

Is this real life?!?!?!
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Your Starting PG had 8 T.O's and when he wasn't turning the ball over he was standing 30 feet away from the basket afraid to attack.

Mario Chalmers & Norris Cole punched him in the mouth and he didn't fight back.  Add that to the fact that Tyson got Abused by Bosh and ... Welp There You Have It.  As much as you want to, you can't really blame #7 for this L.  Besides Mia being a much better team, the two people who your fan base have stated are the hearts of your squad didn't bring it tonight.

Back
Top Bottom