let this thread die (NYK)

I could give a $+*# less what Melo says or how Melo acts before, after or during the game.

Just get your %#%$ together and play like we know you can.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Wasn't Melo supposed to be the thick skinned superstar who can handle the pressure?
He was. And I think he's been trying, but trying only gets you so far until you have to deliver. I hate to say it, but one of them will most likely have to go if this doesn't work out or we don't get somebody that can truly construct a system to help them play together. If Amare is truly turning the corner, Melo is the one who will most likely get the boot and give us the biggest return. I don't think they'll be allowed anymore additional time to work it out. Or maybe I'm just crazy and overreacting to a loss. I want them to work it out but the time it would take might not allow it to.

I know yall were pretty happy with Tyson earlier in the season, has that changed at all?

Also, what did Melo say about Shump?

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

Wasn't Melo supposed to be the thick skinned superstar who can handle the pressure?
He was. And I think he's been trying, but trying only gets you so far until you have to deliver. I hate to say it, but one of them will most likely have to go if this doesn't work out or we don't get somebody that can truly construct a system to help them play together. If Amare is truly turning the corner, Melo is the one who will most likely get the boot and give us the biggest return. I don't think they'll be allowed anymore additional time to work it out. Or maybe I'm just crazy.
I don't think they're going anywhere.
I think You have to at least give them to the middle of next season and that trade deadline. We should know from '99 that things can click at any second, I don't expect that to happen..but this thing does have to run it's course one way or another..don't think we're nearly that point yet.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I know yall were pretty happy with Tyson earlier in the season, has that changed at all?

I'm very happy with Tyson, brings great defensive leadership to our team. He's been playing his role and has been doing a good job.
As for Carmelo, he tweeted on draft night "Here we go" when the Knicks were on the clock. The second we drafted Shump he tweeted "Goodnight. I'm Out". He wanted the Knicks to draft some bum from Baltimore who probably has just a bad of attitude as he does. Shumpert's effort and heart this season make's Melo look like a complete waste of breath.

tyson is banged up, Him and shump are the only things I bet on right now...and thats coming from a HUGE amare fan

He's our leader. Sucks that he' isn't 100%

All Melo said on draft night was something like who is Shumpert/why didn't they draft his friend (what's his name on Memphis). Don't take these guys who have never been on the Knicks team or in the locker room or around during practice seriously when they're unhappy with things Melo says or does that has nothing to do with basketball while they psychoanalyze his actions and quotes and then say he brings a negative vibe to the team. It's bull !%%@. They're just talking about things they don't like that he does. Laughing @ the scoring table, a tweet, not doing a post game interview, wearing too much sports gear, etc. are among the many irrelevant reasons why Melo brings bad vibes/has a bad attitude according to some Knicks fan experts.

Once again, I think his wife engineered the move to NY...seasons of a reality show and a makeup line no woman here wears...I do think that Melo wanted to genuinely play here...but at the same time, he has to learn that he's not gonna be the usual 28 ppg scorer we've seen him mature into...it's not anything about a bad year..it's bout what makes the team better..I hate seeing him shoot long jumpers when he's definitely. Bull in the post...

Once again, I say you need a player like Melo in the playoffs. Just wait.

like i said
Tyson is the real mvp of the knicks, not melo.
hes been pretty banged right now and its affecting the overall energy level for the team.
once he is healthy, yall will play "Normal" again.

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

He was. And I think he's been trying, but trying only gets you so far until you have to deliver. I hate to say it, but one of them will most likely have to go if this doesn't work out or we don't get somebody that can truly construct a system to help them play together. If Amare is truly turning the corner, Melo is the one who will most likely get the boot and give us the biggest return. I don't think they'll be allowed anymore additional time to work it out. Or maybe I'm just crazy.
I don't think they're going anywhere.
I think You have to at least give them to the middle of next season and that trade deadline. We should know from '99 that things can click at any second, I don't expect that to happen..but this thing does have to run it's course one way or another..don't think we're nearly that point yet.
I mean with all the new additions, it creates a new evaluation period for this team. And I would willing give them more time to work it out because I do want to see them succeed together. I don't think it's going to happen with D'Antoni though, and seeing as Lin has pretty much bought D'Antoni an extra year...

http://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN
Frank Isola: Carmelo returned to talk. Draw your own conclusions
Al Iannazzone: Carmelo actually came back and spoke. Said it was one of those nights.

roll.gif

Amare and Melo need to play off each other more with Melo on the block and Amare on the elbow. Would be perfect to do that when Tyson comes outta the game.

Can none of u guys realize that Dantoni is clearly the problem here? This team is stacked, any other coach would make it work. He made our superstar defer to Jeremy @!%!@!$ Lin. He made our superstar defer to a mere role player. What team had this much talent and couldn't make it work? No team. Larry brown, Lenny Wilkins, don Chaney, isiah thomas, and even herb Williams can make a team with this much talent work.

I want JR in the line up with Shump backing him up (Fields can play limited minutes until he gets his act together) and when Lin plays bad no matter when it is keep him on the bench if Baron is playing well. Actually happy with Josh getting to play more since JJ is injured. He's a very good balance of offense and defense.

I still think its just completely unacceptable for our star player to put up 6 points!! That's embarrassing. He played so bad he had to be benched at a time where the team needed him most; a time where the superstar on any other team would have stepped up.

And there have been several games this season where he has barely scored 10 points
30t6p3b.gif
It's just frustrating to see him struggling because we know what he's capable of.

Games where he's injured aside, I find it weird he's having these games this season when he did not have that problem at all last season.

Fields needs to either un"fix" his shot or put on about 40 pounds of muscle so we can play him at his natural position, the 4.

-i refuse to call timeouts
-i refuse to bench my starting SG when every SG on on my bench is more productive than him
-i turn my superstars into role players
-i make my max contract superstar players defer to my rookie PG
-i play the 11th guy on the bench coming off a wrist injury in crucial minutes
-i play my superstar less minutes than in the 4th than i play my 11th guy off the bench
-i perhaps have the deepest most stacked team in the NBA yet i cant make it work
I swear i'm tired of waiting and being patient. Its annoying at this point, its been a decade now. If we give this guy a contract extension, I'm out.

/rant

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Can none of u guys realize that Dantoni is clearly the problem here? This team is stacked, any other coach would make it work. He made our superstar defer to Jeremy @!%!@!$ Lin. He made our superstar defer to a mere role player.

so is melo making lin play bad or is lin making melo play bad. 

frankly speaking, melo has never done anything impressive during his tenure with the knicks

Lin is doing his best to serve melo. You can see clearly that he tries too hard to find melo instead of taking shots for himself.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Can none of u guys realize that Dantoni is clearly the problem here? This team is stacked, any other coach would make it work. He made our superstar defer to Jeremy @!%!@!$ Lin. He made our superstar defer to a mere role player

so is melo making lin play bad or is lin making melo play bad. 
neither. He's trying way too hard for this team to adapt the team concept. They look like robots out there running plays. Clyde is right, its all about having fun out there, not running forced plays (that break apart every time might i add). Offensive genius? LOL. Pick and roll? LOL. They cant even set proper screens. 
How do westbrook/durant workout? Both need the ball at all times to be effective, yet they make it work. How? 
Dantoni has done nothing impressive in his tenure either.

Back
Top Bottom