let this thread die (NYK)

Its so depressing being a Knicks fan
frown.gif

Well damn. I liked some of these rotations but we played NO DEFENSE.

Pringles doesn't know when to sub ppl out. We lost all momentum at the end of the 1st after starting so hot.

IMO, Melo and STAT played awful in the 2nd half. I don't understand that missed FT. Forget their okay stat line as far as shots.

I didn't like how Lin played as far as penetration. Happy he took more jumpers cuz that's how he'll become a real threat but he needs to show that balance so he can force the defense to take what he gives them and make them think they're deciding it.

Too many turnovers as usual. We play no defense.

Originally Posted by FullMetal

Any of yall feel like the knicks are better without melo?
Anyway we can experiment this for about eight games?  Maybe if we could injure him and--Wait.

I feel bad for you guys. You should NOT have lost this game. Way too hot of a start, way too much offensive firepower, way too much athleticism and talent to lose that lead and the game.
I don't even know who to blame at this point, but I know one thing...that isn't a $100 Million effort on defense and rebounding by #1...
30t6p3b.gif

you can tell the team is just so inconsistent... they go on runs whether its good or bad... they start the game good and then fizzle out in the end and have to play catch up... but what showed in the end of this game was effort and if the knicks can bring this every game for 48 minutes they should be a lot better... and i dont think 1 guy should get the blame... the whole team is playing terrible 

Can't believe we turn scrubs on teams into all-stars for 1 night every single night.
We just have no defense, well actually only Amare. I feel like his lack of hustle and focus or whatever it is on defense rubs off on everyone else.

sigh *goes to corner and cries
frown.gif

i do, dantoni's system and melo's style of play are complete opposite to one another
as the head coach you have to impose that system to your players but pringles is too soft to call melo out 

either one has to go

stat as of now have 0 value.

Originally Posted by bangtcg

Anyway we can experiment this for about eight games?  Maybe if we could injure him and--Wait.
The team has played 126 games (including the playoffs, which he certainly can not be at fault for) since the start of last season now:
26-35 with.

34-31 without. 

(don't shoot the messenger)

this was one of those those gms where melo needed to play big and dominate the boards. He is a good rebounder but didn't box out a few times. Amare plays no defense and is a poor rebounder that was expected. Missing your two best defenders and shump barely played. This game was there for taking cause bucks played zero defense also.

^^^ True, but 60-56 since we got Amar'e for MDA. It ain't all Melo's fault. I thought Pringles "system" is successful.

Carmelo Anthony

Wrote some notes during the game:

-stats are not on par for star let alone superstar

-never has double digit rebounds

-these are tall important things

-not dwight howard

-facts are facts

-money, cap space being wasted

- -14 at one point

-not for dantonis system

-not for phil jkackson system

-personal problems with lala vasquez formally of MTV's TRL.  now much hotter.

-no excuses for carmelo 

-never in the right place

- name is carmelo?

Didn't watch this game, but from what i've seen its more Stat than anyone who changes the dynamic.  It's not even Raymond Felton Stat out there right now, i dunno b.

And at this level, anytime defense and rebounding are issues, I'm going to say coaches can emphasize it to the point where practices should be strictly about defensive coverages and boxing out. Pringles makes no attempt obviously to touch on these subjects. Yes, they are both poor defensively, they don't box out. But it's a struggle for some to play D and box out, that's where coaching comes into play. Not everyone is gifted and has the engine to be great defenders and rebounders, but a good coach will make sure guys are giving their best efforts for both.

Originally Posted by Curious24

Carmelo Anthony

Wrote some notes during the game:

-stats are not on par for star let alone superstar

-never has double digit rebounds

-these are tall important things

-not dwight howard

-facts are facts

-money, cap space being wasted

- -14 at one point

-not for dantonis system

-not for phil jkackson system

-personal problems with lala vasquez formally of MTV's TRL.  now much hotter.

-no excuses for carmelo 

-never in the right place

- name is carmelo?

laugh.gif

We need to start having melo move more off the ball and get his points like that

In one of our recent games he was getting fed the ball while on the move and was damb near scoring at will

I like how Clyde Frazier has been calling out Amare's lazy defense on a consistent basis. "Amare needs to put a hand up" "Amare needs to move and contest the (insert driving guard)" "Poor help defense by Amare". To me it is surprising since it is on the Knicks telecast on MSG, where you would expect the commentators to be more homerish than he is.

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

I like how Clyde Frazier has been calling out Amare's lazy defense on a consistent basis. "Amare needs to put a hand up" "Amare needs to move and contest the (insert driving guard)" "Poor help defense by Amare". To me it is surprising since it is on the Knicks telecast on MSG, where you would expect the commentators to be more homerish than he is.
Clyde cares about the team and wants them to do well so he'll point out if Amare is hurting the team. Also feel that Knicks broadcasts are some of most objective and non-homer broadcasts in the league.

Back
Top Bottom