let this thread die (NYK)

So Shump wasn't "focused" enough to play the whole game but suddenly a light went off in his head and he suddenly became "focused" in the last 15 seconds when he was asked to sub in for defense? Ok
eyes.gif

It was a matter of time before Pringles started to alienate guys on the team. TD was never going to be the only guy in the doghouse for the whole year. Classic Pringles. So now JR and Shump gonna be the whipping boys cause TD doesn't play and he doesn't have the nerve to yell at anyone else. I see.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by DubA169

You mean Steve Nash is a bigger winner. Danoni and amare were along for the ride

You're right, they've been killing it in Phoenix since Amare and Dantoni left... Totally the opposite of how bad Denver's been without Melo...

Yea and the best team they had was when Stoudemire was injured and BORIS DIAW AND TIM THOMAS were splitting time at the 4.

Huh? That's just not true.

Originally Posted by kevi

didn't even watch 4th quarter once I saw dunleavy cooking us. I think shumpert should've started just to guard jennings . Lin was scoring but also letting him scoring as well no defense

Actually, Lin was playing great defense on Jennings the whole game.  He stuck with him on iso's, contesting every shot and not going under the screen.  Jennings made a ton of tough step back jumpers and Lin gambled a few times leaving Jennings open to help out.

Regarding Amare/Melo, I much rather have Melo.  Like I said before, if Amare can't play any d, grab rebounds, box out, brick open jumpers, lose his athleticism while getting blocked going to the rim, he's useless.  I wish the Knicks would've signed Kenyon Martin's twitchin ##%, at least he's a monster on the glass, is a good defender and isn't soft in the paint.  KMart can do everything Amare can on the offensive end but not as good.

Melo isn't good this year but he's one of the best scorers in the league.  Knicks were playing .500 ball last year with Amare before the Melo trade.  If I had my way, I'd trade Melo & amnesty Amare & build around Lin, but that's just me speaking as a Lin fan 
laugh.gif

You're right, they've been killing it in Phoenix since Amare and Dantoni left... Totally the opposite of how bad Denver's been without Melo...

Yea and the best team they had was when Stoudemire was injured and BORIS DIAW AND TIM THOMAS were splitting time at the 4.

Huh? That's just not true.

u must've not watched the 05/06 season when Phoenix was killing teams with Amare being out for the year.  They had the 2nd seed and went to the WCF without Amare.

It is funny to see you guys continually pit Melo and STAT against each other. The question is meaningless as far as who you would keep.

Posted the links before:

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Should the Knicks trade Carmelo Anthony?[/h1]
March, 9, 2012
Mar 9

1:35

PM ET

By Jared Zwerling

In light of the upcoming March 15 trade deadline, ESPN New York's Ian Begley and Jared Zwerling argued whether or not the Knicks should field offers for Carmelo Anthony or Amare Stoudemire, given the team's recent struggles.

Here is Zwerling's argument for NOT trading Melo (click here for Begley's take on Amare):

It's obvious the Knicks have struggled since Carmelo Anthony's return from injury on Feb. 20, when they lost to the Nets, 100-92. Since then, the Knicks have gone 2-5. But it's not just Melo's fault. Around the same time he returned, Amare Stoudemire had played just a few games since taking a leave of absence to mourn his older brother's death. Also, Baron Davis, Steve Novak and J.R. Smith were just getting acclimated to the team.

Who should the Knicks trade?

• 37%
    Carmelo Anthony

• 21%
    Amare Stoudemire

• 28%
    Neither

• 13%
    Both
(Total votes: 8,736)
It's not as if Melo was the odd man out and returned to a fully-functioning squad. While Jeremy Lin, Tyson Chandler and the Knicks' role players were playing well together before any of the previously mentioned guys hit the court again, the team was not tested consistently by formidable opponents. Most of their wins came against teams under .500.

Since then, the Knicks have revamped their roster and five out of their past seven games since Anthony's return were against teams over .500. It's clear the Knicks need to make adjustments on offense and defense to compete with the league's best, but that doesn't mean they should go ahead and trade their best player, Anthony. The Knicks have been through too many disruptions lately -- even though they were positive because they centered around adding depth off the bench -- to break apart the team even more by trading away Melo for three or more players in return.

While the Knicks have gone away from the pick-and-roll and increased their isolation plays (featuring Anthony), Lin is a big reason for that. He's now having to adjust to attacking defenses because he's now front and center on opposing teams' scouting reports, and he's struggled a bit. In fact, Lin is passing the ball to Anthony too soon on the perimeter, and he's not creating that deep penetration for him to get more open looks (like Davis provides Novak in the second unit). So the Knicks' malignancies are not just on Melo.

Anthony is the scorer the Knicks need, especially down the stretch. He's a luxury to have in the playoffs, when games are closer and come down to the final few possessions. Rewind to Sunday against the Celtics. With the Knicks down eight to start the fourth quarter, 80-72, Melo scored 11 points to help them force overtime. While the Knicks eventually lost 115-111, Melo single-handedly put them in position to win. It was just a little too much Rajon Rondo that afternoon, as he finished with one of the best stat lines in NBA history.

[h1]Should the Knicks trade Stoudemire?[/h1]
March, 9, 2012
Mar 9

1:32

PM ET

By Ian Begley

In light of the upcoming March 15 trade deadline, ESPN New York's Ian Begley and Jared Zwerling debate whether the Knicks should field offers for Carmelo Anthony or Amare Stoudemire, given the team's recent struggles.

Here is Begley's argument for NOT trading STAT (click here for Zwerling's take on Melo):

I'm sure the Knicks will listen to offers for Amare Stoudemire as the deadline approaches. But they won't move him because they won't get an offer that makes sense. I don't see any team offering anything close to fair value in a deal solely for Stoudemire for several reasons:

Who should the Knicks trade?

• 37%
    Carmelo Anthony

• 21%
    Amare Stoudemire

• 28%
    Neither

• 13%
    Both
(Total votes: 8,839)
1. STAT's stats aren't anywhere near where they were last season. He's averaging just 17.6 points per game on 45 percent shooting -- the lowest totals since his rookie season. And they are waaay down from what Stoudemire produced in his first season in New York (25.3 ppg on 50 percent shooting), when he was being discussed in some circles as an MVP candidate.

2. Many have pointed out that Stoudemire's explosiveness isn't the same as in previous seasons. He's had a career-high 9.5 percent of his shots blocked this season.

3. His contract is uninsured. Due to his history of knee issues (he's had microfracture surgery on one knee; arthroscopic surgery on the other), the five-year, $100 million deal Stoudemire signed with the Knicks in the summer of 2010 wasn't insured, so any team that acquires him is taking a huge risk.

4. His deal isn't very cap-friendly. Any team that acquires Stoudemire will owe him $65 million over the next three years.

Now, there have been rumors that Stoudemire could be packaged with another Knick in a potential deal (Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler for Dwight Howard is one offer). That, obviously, would change things. But a deal involving Stoudemire alone isn't going to happen.

Maybe that turns out to be a good thing for the Knicks.

Stoudemire came into the season weighing 260 pounds, but has gotten down to 246 in the past week. And a lighter Stoudemire looks like a better Stoudemire. In the Knicks' three games since the All-Star break, the nine-year vet is averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds on 50 percent shooting.

i want to see what this squad can do with a real coach before i start calling for trades but if u would rather get rid of melo than amare u are insane. amare has looked like one of the worst players in the league this year. we need chandler back asap

Originally Posted by bangtcg

Check out Lin screaming at Amare after he forced Jennings into that horrible shot and they couldn't secure the rebound

840Dl.gif

Better Gif here, 
U7lw6.gif

Saw the highlights, and Lin was the only one that cared in this play. I think it's a good thing that Lin is like this, these primadonnas need someone to tell them they're playing like scrubs.

Originally Posted by k3stacks

Imagine if yall didnt have tyson
sick.gif
. He continues to prove his worth even when he doesnt suit up
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Chandler like I said earlier is our most important player by far. Not even close.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Originally Posted by k3stacks

Imagine if yall didnt have tyson
sick.gif
. He continues to prove his worth even when he doesnt suit up
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Chandler like I said earlier is our most important player by far. Not even close.

He is making us proud back home

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by bangtcg

Check out Lin screaming at Amare after he forced Jennings into that horrible shot and they couldn't secure the rebound

840Dl.gif

Better Gif here, 
U7lw6.gif

Saw the highlights, and Lin was the only one that cared in this play. I think it's a good thing that Lin is like this, these primadonnas need someone to tell them they're playing like scrubs.

He looks at Melo right after Amare if you look at it again.

Rather have Jorts out there in that last possession... I mean it is a coach's job to know there players weakness's like Amare not being able to play D or Box out and rebound for his life.....Amare is Soft smh........Melo/Lin was playing some good D (pause) in those lost possessions too, Chandler and Jefferies more important to this team than Stat hilarious....

Back
Top Bottom