let this thread die (NYK)

Marc Berman article hinting that Melo wants out of NY:

http://www.nypost.com/p/s...p;utm_content=Knicksbeck

[h1]Source: Anthony, at odds with D’Antoni, plots Knicks exit[/h1]
Knicks Blog

Berman on Twitter

By MARC BERMAN
EXCLUSIVE
Carmelo Anthony’s discontent with the Knicks organization became so severe after Monday night’s loss to the Bulls, he told a confidant he preferred to be traded before tomorrow’s trade deadline, The Post has learned.

According to a person familiar with his thinking, Anthony’s disillusionment stems most from a belief Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni and interim GM Glen Grunwald do not trust him. He is surprised that after all the Knicks gave up to trade for him, he has not been asked for more input on personnel decisions, as Deron Williams has with the Nets.

“The organization makes believe his opinions don’t matter,’’ the source said.

However, Anthony is not expected to make a formal trade request. Anthony would want to stay long-term if he had assurances D’Antoni will not be with the Knicks next season. As The Post reported yesterday, Anthony was told after the Knicks were swept out of the playoffs by the Celtics last April that D’Antoni would not return for this season.

But now Anthony does not believe a decision on D’Antoni’s future is coming soon because D’Antoni and Grunwald, according to the source, are “like a couple.’’

Anthony was unavailable for comment yesterday as the Knicks did not practice. It is against NBA rules to publicly state a desire to be traded.

According to the source, Grunwald has had only one conversation with Anthony since he became GM. And D’Antoni rarely talks to Anthony after games, especially since Anthony’s return from a groin injury. The Knicks have lost 8 of 10 games since then to fall to 18-24 and out of playoff position.

Anthony is not close to owner James Dolan the way Amar’e Stoudemire is. The source said Anthony gets along best with assistant GM Allan Houston, who eventually could succeed Grunwald.

“He knows Glen doesn’t like him,’’ the source said.

It would seem unlikely — and ill-advised — for the Knicks to pull off a trade for Anthony on such short notice before tomorrow’s deadline.

Though Stoudemire lobbied for the Knicks to trade for Anthony, the pair’s friendship has not flourished.

“They’re not as close as people think they are,’’ the source said. “It’s an awkward relationship.’’

Anthony is not jealous of Jeremy Lin’s global fame, according to the source. Lin, the source said, is Anthony’s favorite teammate, and Anthony feels they could be like the Thunder duo of Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.

According to the source, when Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri tried to convince Anthony to stay in Denver last season, he repeatedly told Anthony he never would be able to handle the New York media. But Anthony believes the media has been the least of his problems and wished there was more feedback from his superiors.

Anthony has endured a poor season, shooting just 40 percent from the field while averaging 21.3 points and has not played well recently on defense.

D’Antoni rarely speaks in the same reverential tones about Anthony as he does about Lin, Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler.

When D’Antoni was asked after Monday’s loss to the Bulls if Anthony looked frustrated, D’Antoni replied, “More than normal, you mean? I don’t know. You’ll have to ask him.’’

Anthony appeared agitated on the court during the game and failed to join the huddle after the third quarter, though he said that is not uncommon. Though Anthony has expressed concern about his role in the offense, many play sets contain Anthony post-ups.

Anthony seemed extremely unhappy after the Knicks’ losing streak reached six games in Chicago.

“It sucks,’’ Anthony said. “The situation we’re in right now sucks. Losing basketball games the way we’ve been losing games at the end of the game sucks. It’s not a good feeling right now.’’

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...h_antoni_YjNqpRkBHjhTuavBXv5IhJ#ixzz1p4TXwfy7

^Interesting although I don't believe the part about Melo asking for a trade or wanting one. Like I said I felt since Melo got here he wanted Pringles gone

That article is a perfect example of why we'll never be irrelevant in NY. Our media thrives on speculation and sensationalism.

Now for the sake of discussion, since I know a grip of yall will react to that article that story paints a picture of their relationship being broken from the jump on every level. Dolan forces us to give up that many players and then proceeds to not pursue a close relationship with his newest star player? It doesn't say anything about Donnie so I'm not really sure how close Glen and Melo should be anyway but to give up all that for a guy and not treat him like you didn't give up a lot for him is foolish and their really shouldn't be any ill will towards him the minute he arrived. Pringles looks extra bad as usual.

No surprise at the alleged closeness between Melo and Amar'e and Melo and Lin.
Originally Posted by DMan14

who are the "one sources said"
Probably Herb Williams and/or Mike Woodson trying to keep their jobs after Pringles and co. are gone.

^As a journalist I am conflicted on a few articles I have read tonight along with what I heard from Alan Hahn earlier today on the radio. Howard Beck and Hahn are on reporting that the players support MDA and both think Melo should be benched. Isola and Berman have more of the report that Anthony is not on board with the rest of the team and there is dysfunction.

Although I am a journalist/member of the media I think you make a great point about speculation and sensationalism. I think papers such as the Post and the News thrive off it. Not saying that their sources aren't accurate (as I know Isola has very tight sources and connections within the organization) but I am aware that both of those papers will run with a little bit of information and create a sensational story to sell papers.

I would be shocked if Melo was traded at all. I really don't see that happening and I am not sure Melo wants out either. I believe he is smart enough to know that would not be a good look for him after he wanted to come here.

Please this dude is mad he didn't get asked for input? How about you actually start earning your money and play good? He sounds like a player that hasn't delivered and is looking for someone to place the blame on.

just heard on wfan that there are a few ppl within the knicks organization who are trying to convince dolan to trade melo

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

just heard on wfan that there are a few ppl within the knicks organization who are trying to convince dolan to trade melo

Maybe a last minute push for Dwight Howard? 
laugh.gif

If he ends up in Brooklyn we will become second class citizens in our own city. Dolan may realize that. The Russian is making Dolan look like a fool

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

laugh.gif

If he ends up in Brooklyn we will become second class citizens in our own city. Dolan may realize that. The Russian is making Dolan look like a fool

i can guarantee u the Fu-Schnickens will never be 1st class citizens here, no matter who they get. i mean durin the isiah years, y'all pack up msg, while the nets went to 2 nba finals and nobody gave a damn.

now wfan is sayin that its a knicks exec. who's tellin dolan to trade melo

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

laugh.gif

i can guarantee u the Fu-Schnickens will never be 1st class citizens here, no matter who they get. i mean durin the isiah years, y'all pack up msg, while the nets went to 2 nba finals and nobody gave a damn.

now wfan is sayin that its a knicks exec. who's tellin dolan to trade melo
Bro they were in New Jersey thats why. No one from NY is going to like a team from Jersey. Now they will be in Brooklyn, New York City, with a brand new arena. OKC is barely 3-4 years old and look how many fans there are now (just for being good and relevant). If the Brooklyn Nets get what they want (players) the fanhood will spike ridiculous amounts. New York and nationwide. Basketball isn't as loyal as baseball or football. Fans of the NBA like players more than they like teams, its a player driven league. Nets get Dwight with Daron we will look like chumps.

BTW, once this Melo wanting a Trade rumor goes viral today and hits ESPN expect the Melo to be booed heavy tonight in the Garden. If this source is legit it will be national. I'm tired of always looking like the laughing stock of this league. I'm !!%*+#* tired of it.
mad.gif

^ on boomer & carton, sources are saying that melo doesn't want d'antoni coaching the knicks and d'antoni doesn't want melo on the knicks.

if thats the case, d'antoni is gone

Originally Posted by NobleKane

theres no reason why anthony and amare shouldnt be getting atleast 20 or more shots a game.

dantoni should have been fired a long time ago. lin saved his job

Agreed. One of them should get 20 every game at least. While the other gets 18 or so.

People really want to build a team around Lin. I can name 20 pg better then him. That will thrive in this same system

Dolan is proven he cares more about the $$ bills than actually winning. Lin is still a cash cow

Why did the Knicks trade for Melo is nobody likes him? Didn't D'Anotoni tell the GM not to trade for him?

^ on boomer & carton, sources are saying that melo doesn't want d'antoni coaching the knicks and d'antoni doesn't want melo on the knicks.

if thats the case, d'antoni is gone
I hope to god our FO is this smart. If they stick with D'antoni who is on his last year of a contract (shouldnt even be able to finish that out) and just ship Melo out im about to just hit the Seinfeld gif cuz im out. 
I just have to hold out some hope that someone in the FO knows what they are doing. 

Originally Posted by rashi

Why did the Knicks trade for Melo is nobody likes him? Didn't D'Anotoni tell the GM not to trade for him?

We were fooled. But nuggets fans knew what we were getting smh

I was trying to go back through the thread to quote some of you dudes who actually vouched for Carmelo, but that was damn near impossible. Everyone could see the writing on the wall except fans of Carmelo, not necessarily fans of the Knicks. If you're a Knick fan you would be all for anything to improve team chemistry, but it seems as if having a star player who doesn't perform at a superstar level was more enticing than having an actual team who plays together and brings out the best effort on a night to night basis.

Stat is not off the hook either, because his rebounding has been atrocious...the whole thing is a mess for ya'll right now.

This whole situation is such a mess. This has to be the most dysfunctional franchise
30t6p3b.gif
And all these reports and rumors will only further hurt the teams morale.

Can't we just sacrifice JR Smith AND Tahiry for Dwight?

D12 knocked up a "Basketball Wife", Tahiry isn't above his type. 

Back
Top Bottom