let this thread die (NYK)

3-0, Playing good team D, Scoring over 100 and still not looking like everything is clicking on offense yet. Def feels good. Loving where the team is headed right now.

pimp.gif

Held them to 53 points in the last 3 quarters.

The defensive intensity the last 3 games has been beautiful. Sure, people will nitpick at other things but this intensity, effort, whatever you wanna say about the defense, !@$* makes me so happy. It's flat out inspiring and as cliche as it is, !@$* is contagious. !@$* makes me hype just watching.

Not to get ahead of myself but if this effort is going to become the norm...woooo
pimp.gif

i love how when the team wins, we're all cheerful like we're some carefree hippies. But when the team loses, most of the people in this thread act like a bunch of "Chicken Littles" 
roll.gif
Nothing in between.... gotta love being a knicks fan lol

Originally Posted by LovesIt

That Knicks D
pimp.gif

#feelsgood
Like I said yesterday. Im pretty sure Woodson has told dudes hes holding people accountable on the defensive end. And if you not doing ur part ur not gonna get ur minutes. Cuz unlike when they were playing for MDA and D didnt matter some guys would come out and try to play D, Maybe Melo one night or Amare the next. But what would happen is they would come out to play but then no1 else did and then by halftime they was just like @##+ it, if no1 else gonna play D then neither am I. 
With Woodson they all know going into the game that everyone is gonna play D or they not gonna get burn. 

Only 4 games back and they arent exactly playing their best basketball. Its possible.

But its gonna be Boston that we are fighting with for it. I think Philly will prolly fall back and Boston will take the division lead by next weekend.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

i love how when the team wins, we're all cheerful like we're some carefree hippies. But when the team loses, most of the people in this thread act like a bunch of "Chicken Littles" 
roll.gif
I don't even bother coming in here when we lose, it's LITERALLY the end of the world when I scan this thread.

So I adjust avoid the sports forum completely
laugh.gif

Dantoni would have lost this game. Woody actually made adjustments, like yanking Landry after allowing that open 3. We wore them down with defense and depth

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Dantoni would have lost this game. Woody actually made adjustments, like yanking Landry after allowing that open 3. We wore them down with defense and depth
And he sat Landry the rest of the game for arguing. Dat accountability
pimp.gif

Great game. Lin's defense starting to improve. Just gotta learn to stay in front of his man.

Entire team is sharing the ball well. Defenses won't be able to key in on any one player.

Amare is definitely getting some of his swagger back. Not getting up there like he used to but doesn't look like he's stuck in the mud anymore.

Originally Posted by Curious24

IS TAKING THE FOUR SEED FROM PHILLY POSSIBLE?

[color= rgb(255, 102, 0)]
[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 102, 0)]
[/color]

Yea it's possible, Philly is going to lose tonight and Boston and Philly are neck and neck

It will be difficult tho, we need to finish this month strong because once April comes our schedule gets ridiculous.

We have 21 games left and we need to go 12-9 to just be at .500. Philly & Boston will def be a couple games over .500 so realistically we need to win 15-17 games out of the next 21. 

That will be hard since we play Chicago twice, Atlanta twice, & Philly, Celtics, Heat, Magic, and Clippers once. The other teams we play twice are the Bucks and Cavs, they are fighting for playoff position too, so you know they will come out ready.

If the Knicks keep putting this much effort on defense the rest of the season I'd consider Woodson a strong candidate as the next coach.  To have a team completely commit to defense out of nowhere is signs of a strong vocal coach to me.  

^ I agree. Woodson holds his players accountable, Fields left his man wide open for a three to help and got cussed out and benched for the rest of the game, same with Lin when he was over-dribbling the ball.

Great team effort & win tonight. everyone was committed to playing d and the ball movement was on-point, well balanced attack. Here's to hoping the team's overall play & defensive effort during this three game win streak will become infectious and carry onto the next month, because the REAL test comes in April.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

roll.gif

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom