let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Please tell me we traded Jeffries to the Liberty for Teresa Weatherspoon

Damn it, I came in here just to say that as soon as I saw the pic.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

EDIT: Have we resigned Purp yet? The hell is the hold-up?

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/7329/dantoni-hopes-shawne-williams-re-signs

Mike D'Antoni knows free agent Shawne Williams is weighingother offers.

But he hopes Williams decides to return to the Knicks.

"I know that he’s got some interest elsewhere and he’slooking, which he should," D'Antoni said on Saturday. "Right now,he's taking care of the business end and hopefully it works out and come backto us. But we’ll just see how it shakes out." 

After a season in which he made a career-high 40% of his3-point attempts and showed value as a defender, Williams will likely commandstrong offers from other suitors.

The Knicks reportedly have been in contact with Williams'agent, Happy Walters.

In an interview with HOOPSWORLD.com posted last Friday,Williams hinted that his first choice would be to return to New York.

"I’m not going to lie, that’s where I want to be,"said Williams, who averaged seven points and nearly four rebounds off the benchlast season. "I’ve never been with a team [for] two years."

"I feel like I’m acquainted with coach D'Antoni and thestaff ... and we’ve got great fans, so that’s a place I want to play," headded.

He said in the interview that he'll listen to "allcomers."

"'I'm not going to say I'm one of the Paul Pierces orthe Chris Pauls of the league and I can pick where I want to go," saidWilliams, who has clearly been paying attention to rumors surrounding theKnicks. "As a free agent, I’m going to entertain who ever offers. Buthopefully I'll be with the Knicks. If it don’t work, out I had fun with theKnicks and it was a great season with them last year."

[h1] [/h1]
[h1]NY Knicks official meets with Jamal Crawford, interim GM Glen Grunwald says he would ‘love’ to have guard  [/h1] [h2]Knicks can only offer guard $2.5 million[/h2]
BY Frank Isola
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Monday, December 12 2011, 4:42 PM

A Knick official met with free agent guard Jamal Crawford Monday in Seattle, the Daily News has learned.

Mark Warkentien, the Knicks director of player personnel, was in Crawford's hometown to try to convince the guard to sign a one-year, $2.5 million contract with his former club. With the Knicks over the cap, the $2.5 million exception is the most money they can offer Crawford, who is seeking a much bigger pay day.

However, Crawford - who averaged 10.3 ppg for the Hawks last season - has expressed a desire to return to the Knicks, where he could conceivable become the team's starting shooting guard, or, more likely, their sixth man. When interim GM Glen Grunwald met with reporters Monday he admitted he would "love" to have Crawford back in New York.

The Knicks could orchestrate a sign-and-trade with Atlanta to acquire Crawford, which would allow them to offer him more money. But a Hawks official has said the Knicks have not been in contact with the Knicks about a sign-and-trade for Crawford. Plus, the Knicks have said they don't want to trade point guard Toney Douglas in a potential deal. Therefore it would seem the Knicks' best, and only, way of adding Crawford to an already potent lineup that includes Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony would be for him to take the $2.5 million deal.

Link

So conflicted...Purp or Jamal, Purp or Jamal...Both.
Get it done, Glen!

I haven't even checked out these prices yet, but from the way ya'll talking, looks like I'll be enjoying ALL Knicks games from the comfort of my home or bar.

My second favorite team, Clippers, claimed Billups.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
The Clippers placed a bid on Chauncey Billups, league source tells Y! Sports.
6:07 PM, Dec 12th via web · Details

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I'll just get raped on stubhub later.

*shrug*

True Knick fans aren't meant to go to these games, those ridiculous ticket prices reflect that.

And call me crazy, but I'd bring back Purp instead of signing Crawford...at least, for chemistry purposes. This team has had too many overhauls in the last year...

Good job clips

Honestly Chauncey could be in much worse situations. Until he ends up in the new Orleans trade ha

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

JaredZwerling Jared Zwerling
Damn Shumpert looking good. Just nailed back to back threes. Just hit one on the fastbreak too. Swish. The dude still jumps high from range.

Come on can we just start this dude already.

i mean instead of talking about going after more and more over the hill PGs imo we should just stick with shump at the point considering he is the only player on this team with the potential to start at point for this team in the future and we are essentially saying we are expecting him to do so now that we got chandler making guys like cp and deron highly unlikely

Toney douglas is not a starting pg and baron davis is not the answer. When has a team last won a ring by signing these kind if ring chasers to join our startig lineup. Shumpert can honestly fill a rondo like role and as i have said imo our best bet is to have faith in him since we are essentially expecting him to take over in the near future and advinhve saidbi also thinkbhe is the best fit due to our roster/system and the talent surrounding him.

!%#% looking at all these retirement home point guards. Best move is to start iman and keep bibby as a backup who excels at the 2 areas iman lacks the most, outside shooting ability and big game experience. Than turn toney douglas into jamal crawford because he is a much better value for the role they play and he would effectively split time with landry at the 2 who i see taking more strides forward this year and getting back into pre-melo landry mode and than resigning shawne williams. That right there is our best bet for a winner now and the best team moving forward by far imo and its not even close

A rotation of...
Pg- iman
Sg- landry
Sf- melo
Pf- amare
C- chandler
6- crawford
7- shawne
8- bibby
9- jordan
10- jeffries
11- jorts

Is our deepest/best fitting option imo. You got size, athleticism, defense, youth, and shooting/scorig ability more than keeping douglas and adding baron giving us td, baron, bibby, and shumpert all partnof our rotation severely limiting our size, defense, youth, etc especiallynif we cany bring back shawne as well

Originally Posted by d3simet

My second favorite team, Clippers, claimed Billups.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
The Clippers placed a bid on Chauncey Billups, league source tells Y! Sports.
6:07 PM, Dec 12th via web · Details

Your favorite Eastern Conference team is the Knicks and your favorite Western Conference team is the Clippers? You must have had a tough life

I really hope we can get B. Diddy.

He would be perfect in this system. He can split minutes with TD and Shump.

I am really liking the way this roster is filling out and I think Iman is going to be a JR Smith type player at the 2. I don't see him as a full time PG.

Can't get both Jamal and Shawne.

and I like Shumpert, but asking a kid who has never played PG exclusively to jump in on a playoff team and do it is a lot to ask.

Back
Top Bottom