let this thread die (NYK)

Said it before, play Amar'e @ the 5 if you want production. We're already a poor rebounding team with Tyson trying his best, we might as well try to maximize what we do on offense to help him to continue to be a factor.

I like Landry's game for the most part, think he's a great glue guy but the more and more I see him play in games like this, he doesn't belong on the court. It's like he plays scared when the intensity picks up and the game gets more physical. There's a part of me that thinks Walker should be in the rotation come playoff time if this is what we're going to get out of Landry.

Not to mention his confidence in his shot is less than negative. His shot is soooo flat, shooting it with no confidence too. One of his shots today never got above the height of the rim.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

laugh.gif
we actually can beat the Heat with just Melo. That's the funny thing.

There were a lot of bad possessions and just as many bad shots and still had a chance to win.

Amare would be the equalizer in a series tho.

QFT

missed the 4th...

But from what i saw, Landry Fields was trash today. It's funny because the NY media was saying JR's minutes in the fourth should be given to Landry.

People wondering if Amare and Melo can play together obviously didn't see those games after MDA got fired. I'm sure Melo wouldn't have a problem scoring less and passing to Amare.

Looking at this thread it's funny how much Landry is being mentioned. I may need to watch this game over on tv cuz I don't even remember Landry in the game except for making a lay up in the 1st, another on a broken fastbreak, and clanking a 3
laugh.gif
I deadass don't remember him doing anything else. Son was a non-factor.

Landry missed a bunch of wide open mid range shots off of beautiful set-ups by Melo.

We can't win a series against Miami/Chicago with a non-factor like him getting major minutes.

I'd rather Bill Walker get that PT at least he's not scared and can get on a roll.

Is walker still hurt?

If not , he drop like 28 on lebron's head before he got injured... he doesnt turn the ball over as much as Fields and he aint scared

I don't think Melo should be scoring much less. Honestly now that I think about it I want Melo to put this kind of effort into scoring more consistently, and Amare to put more effort to rebounding. We've been getting KILLED on the boards last few weeks. We need Amare's offense but we don't need him scoring 30 points. If he can give us 18-20 and 10 boards we'll be fine. We give up too many second shots and it kills our momentum, which in turn kills our role players. Amare likes isos like Melo but he's just not good enough at it where it should be a part of our offense. Amare's touches should be limited to spot shooting, rolling to the basket, interior passes, occasional posts down low and shots created off rebounding. Most of his turnovers come when he isos at the elbow and tries to dribble past someone. It also puts him in bad position for rebounding. If Melo and Amare are going to be in together Amare has to give up the elbow and get down on the block. Only way it will work.

And I've been saying it for the longest but Landry really doesn't do anything particularly well. He can't continue to start.

And we also really miss Lin's ability to get to the rim. Everyone starts settling for jumpers when things go bad instead of going to the rim
30t6p3b.gif

People wonder why JR plays over Landry. He plays like a scared $!* sometimes. Doesn't really space the floor. He has 4 & 5s guarding him and he still can't do anything. That block by Bosh sent me over the edge

As a 2 guard beside dunking what does he do better than Bill Walker or TD. Show up for bad teams only

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

laugh.gif
we actually can beat the Heat with just Melo. That's the funny thing.

There were a lot of bad possessions and just as many bad shots and still had a chance to win.

Amare would be the equalizer in a series tho.

mj-laughing.gif

Good game tho guys.

Just got back. It seemed like the refs gave the Heat a lot of calls but I thought that both sides got their fair share of boneheaded whistles. The Knicks won't get far because their game is so typical. It's like they run no plays. Just come down find an open shooter and let it rip. No ones open? JR feel free to take it from wherever if you dont feel like trying to find Melo. They have no legitimate second scorer at the moment so the game was kind of a wash. Regular season games can be so trash if no ones really into it. #6 & #7 seemed like they were ready to play uptempo and light up the Garden but there was always someone ready to slow it down and let it cool off.
30t6p3b.gif

The Knicks need a legit PG and second scorer if they want to make a real run at the chip like MIA & CHI. And the answer is not Lin/BDiddy/Stat. All the feelgood story hype is over when the title comes into play in 13 days. There will be no lineup tinkering, chances or freeplay. It's gonna be straight MVP's going hard for that ring. Good luck.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Said it before, play Amar'e @ the 5 if you want production. We're already a poor rebounding team with Tyson trying his best, we might as well try to maximize what we do on offense to help him to continue to be a factor.

Defense > Offense

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Defense > Offense
cosign.  Amare's D is terrible... Can't replace Tyson

I think Amar'e can be serviceable defensively and if there's anyone that can make it work, its Woodson.

He was starting to show flashes before he got injured....picking up charges, getting those weakside blocks that we saw a lot of last season.

He's TERRIBLE one on one though, so we will be forced to do a lot of switching and our rotatios will have to be fast on the perimeter.

But he still is a big body, we can use him to trap on the wings like we did in the first half of the Chicago W and we can get a little creative defensively to hide his weaknesses.

Let's not forget that we were really starting to click on all cylinders before he went out. Both him and Melo were averaging over twenty and he was trying on defense.

With the way that the team has been going after the opposition, he won't have a choice but to step up his effort and get with the program.

Stat coming off the bench makes too much sense just for the mere fact that you want to limit his minutes to begin with, he should come off the bench with Fields, JR, and Novak.

Baron is done imo, Knicks have to figure out how to win without a PG which sucks.

Damn, was banned again for the second time. Feels batman 
embarassed.gif

Anywho, tough loss for us today, hope we can bounce back, in the meantime, Here i am again coming through with some excitement, enjoy the spoiler

Spoiler [+]
23uv8td.jpg

10f19vb.jpg

2cwrb5j.jpg

rrpk08.jpg

30cnk2r.jpg

15gqolj.jpg

pxd3m.jpg

5u251i.jpg

anyjya.jpg

24lkd2v.jpg

14vqtd0.jpg