let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So who do we need to win in that Boston/Orlando game us to have a better chance of moving up?
We need Boston to win and ORL to lose every game left for the rest of the season so we can take 6th and face Indy in the 1st round. We also basically need to win the next 5 games to end the season to assure the 6th seed since we're 4 games behind ORL.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Why haven't I seen this before...

eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Scumbag.

im glad we pulled this lights out performance on national tv to show everyone what we are capable of..
Melo vs bron would be the matchup we have been waiting years to see but im really nervous about amare coming in and trying to het acclimated at thos point and time . he migjt throw the balance of everything off. we all know how long it takes for him to get back in the groove

I don't think STAT would be opposed to immediately coming off the bench, following his injury, to "get acclimated." Would love to have him come in for Chandler at the 5 where he could do work.

However, these dudes are pros & need to get it together. As long as the defense shows up when needed, Melo doesn't have to go for 30 every night. It'd be nice, no doubt.

I dont really care about who we face in the first round because either opponent will be superior but I feel Miami is a slightly tougher matchup. I just wanna see a win or two.

I'm watching the Lakers getting whupped , I still can't believe we passed on BRANDON JENNINGS for this bumass Jordan Hill...Jenningsxshumpxamarexmeloxchandler woulda been disgusting.

seriously? I'm at the point where I'm over the terrible moves and things that happened to the team these last 4 years.

Change any of it and maybe we've still got D'antoni and no Tyson, Lin or Novak.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

seriously? I'm at the point where I'm over the terrible moves and things that happened to the team these last 4 years.

Change any of it and maybe we've still got D'antoni and no Tyson, Lin or Novak.
Same way Chi fans look at Tibbs.
If Lebron hadn't flirted with Chicago Tibbs gets passed up for another Vinny type, again.

Orlando would have to lose 4 or their last 5 and we would have to win the rest of the year to get the 6 spot.

Clippers are the only team I'm worried about the rest of the way.

Orlando has Boston after just getting spanked by us, Utah who will play tough, Denver who is fighting for playoff position. Charlotte, then end it against the Grizzlies who are fighting for home-court.

It's a slim chance and even though coaches always say they are taking 1 game at a time. I think Woodson will have the team determined to get that 6 spot knowing that helps us avoid the Heat or Bulls in the 1st round. They HAVE to feel more comfortable going against Indiana. And will also have some motivation from that last game in Indiana.

That's the match-up I believe all of us would be happy with.

pimp.gif
We looking good...

Feels good man seeing Melo play the way he has been after defending him all throughout his slump 
pimp.gif

Knew he would pick it up. He just needs to keep hitting his shots when Amare comes back, keep the defensive intensity and leadership going.

Does anyone know if game 1 for the knicks will be on sat. april 28th?  Not sure how many days teams will rest before playoffs start.....

I need to know asap because I have to figure out copping tickets without interfering my work schedule.....   much appreciated
smile.gif

I enjoy seeing Melo display leadership (eg. the separate times in games where he told Novak and JR to calm down after big buckets or when he tells JR to hustle back on D).

Though it cracked me up when Melo was about to step to Steimsma after he bodied someone and JR had to tell HIM to be easy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

I'm watching the Lakers getting whupped , I still can't believe we passed on BRANDON JENNINGS for this bumass Jordan Hill...Jenningsxshumpxamarexmeloxchandler woulda been disgusting.
There's no guarantee Jennings wouldn't have been traded to Denver, or that we would have drafted Shumpert if we had Jennings. And trading Hill was necessary to free up cap space. Plus Jennings isn't that great.

This team is surprisingly likeable. Even melo has his moments. People seem to be getting over the trade. That is until we need to make decisions about Smith, Lin, Novak. I just don't get how we had. But alt of things don't fall into place if we don't make the trade

I honestly think that Melos 2nd contract is gonna be when we really start contending. This guys game is gonna age extremely well. He just needs to get better conditioning

We're still talking about Brandon Jennings? Must not have been watching the amazing amount of clunkers he's had the past two years. Same people would have been eating him alive.

I'm good with not having Jennings. That just would've been another contract taking up cap space. Hill was drafted and traded for cap space.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

sick.gif

That would be a killer squad. bout to make it happen in 2k lol

Originally Posted by DubA169

I honestly think that Melos 2nd contract is gonna be when we really start contending. This guys game is gonna age extremely well. He just needs to get better conditioning
Isn't it a little early for you to be drinking? Melo has a player option for the 14-15 season for 23 million dollars, considering he forced the trade to get his extension last year.. I am shocked if he doesn't pick it up. That's too far down the line for me right now
laugh.gif

I just don't see amare and melo winning together. Maybe he takes less money for 2nd contract. Shump develops. Wade declines.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So who do we need to win in that Boston/Orlando game us to have a better chance of moving up?
We need Boston to win and ORL to lose every game left for the rest of the season so we can take 6th and face Indy in the 1st round. We also basically need to win the next 5 games to end the season to assure the 6th seed since we're 4 games behind ORL.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Why haven't I seen this before...

eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Scumbag.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This might be the funniest thing I've seen a coach say. Straight disrespect 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If we keep our bench in tact, start Shump over Fields and get a better back up point guard (maybe even another big body) I could see us contending these next few years. Obviously a lot will come down to dudes taking pay cuts and Shump developing but we'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom