let this thread die (NYK)

I see you, but the Bulls aren't the team they were 3 months ago.
They're worse than last year, and if it's not Indy, I want them.

On Wednesday, the Magic play the Bobcats at 7, we play the Clippers at 8. Philly has the Bucks at the same time.

We're gonna know before the 4th quarter if the 6th seed race is over....
Magic ain't beating the Grizz last game (unless they sit people), and we have the Bobcats last...

Magic win, we lose, Philly wins, we're 8th seed.
Magic lose, we win, 6th seed is ours.

So...we're 7 no matter what if the Magic beat the Bobcats and the Sixers steal our gameplan.

Dudes are on a 21 game losing streak though 
sick.gif

Either they show up giving no dambs and get bombed on or they show up with some heart and try to go out swinging. Lets go Bobcats.

It's going to be funny to see how we react after half time on Wednseday. We'll see the CHA/ORL score when it's like in the 4th quarter and if ORL is losing we'll come out for the Clippers heads but if ORL is blowing them out watch us come out super flat the 2nd half and all of a sudden Melo and Tyson will be rested early
laugh.gif

collins sitting out lou, iggy, elton last two games. they want the bulls.
orl isnt gonna lose to the bobcats. it's the freaking bobcats, lol
ny might as well rest their guys, they are pretty much locked in to that 7

but at least we beat the Hawks?
laugh.gif

it is what it is. only reason I wanted the Bulls is in the hopes that D.Rose would be garbage.
regardless, the Bulls are the best rebounding, toughest defense and got the most length in the L.

It's pick your poison, and we'd have to play perfect basketball to beat either one.
I'm ready for playoffs.

Do you guys feel that melo should be rested and amare should just play so he can warm up a bit more? I don't think that would be too bad of an idea. Melo has been playing his %@! off lately and he deserves some rest for the first round, i just hope it doesn't mess with his hot streak.

If Stat plays Melo has to play. They have to form some sort of chemistry on the court going into the playoffs.
Even if its for a half

[h1]How Eastern Conference Playoff Teams Perform Across Quarters[/h1]April 23, 2012
New York Knicks

The Knicks appear to be one team (above average) in the first and second quarters, another team in the fourth quarter (elite) and a completely different team in the third quarter (Bobcats-esque). In the first and second quarters, they outscore opponents by 4.1 and 5.9 points per 100 possessions, respectively, which would put them in the tier just below the elite level teams like the Bulls, Heat, Thunder and Spurs but still above teams like the Sixers, Hawks and Pacers.

Their post-halftime woes have been well-chronicled this season, but seeing it in visual form makes it even more striking. Their offense is virtually non-existent in the third quarter; their 94.8 points per 100 possessions would be 29th in the NBA over the course of a full season. Their normally stout defense is merely average in the third quarter as well. The third is the only quarter where the Knicks don’t defend at a rate at least 5.0 points per 100 possessions better than league average. They also get outscored by an average of 6.4 points per 100 possessions in the third quarter. Tyson Chandler, the league leader in FG%, has made just 41.7% of his shots in the third quarter. Steve Novak, the league leader in 3PT%, has made just 35.4% of his 3′s. Knick opponents have shot 37.9% from 3 in third quarters. The third quarter is really, really ugly for New York.

The Knicks are at their best on offense in the fourth quarter, scoring 105.2 points per 100 possessions; the fourth best mark in the NBA and a mark which would be fifth best in the NBA over the course of the season. With Jeremy Lin on the court in fourth quarters, they scored 115.6 points per 100, but without him they’ve scored just 99.6. Still, the Knicks have outscored opponents by 8.0 points per 100 possessions in the fourth quarter this season.

Link

3Q lows can be attributed to the Ron Artest guide to NBA Super Stardom. They all drink Henny at half time.

But for reals, I might do something for game one. Not on some bacon wrapped shrimp *##, but like pizza and beer.

Back
Top Bottom