let this thread die (NYK)

What type of loser mentality is that. We got punched in the mouth and took a hook. It ain't over til somebody wins 4.

I remember when people got hype when Chicago won game 1 convincingly, didn't end like that

Best draft pick since who knows when andvthis happens.....shump seems real tough mentally and physically, hope he fully recovers

indifferent.gif
mad.gif
 @ the knick's score.

Between the crappy First Row sports link and the actual outcome of the game, I had a VERY bad day.
Losing Shump is HUGE for us....Landry doesn't have half the kid's confidence on offense or his resolve on defense....I get on Landry a lot and i hate his game, but he's gonna really need to step up and i don't trust him to. He's not built for the big moment and if the offense isn't running, he's a poor player. That Shump loss is probably the biggest deciding factor for the series.

The refs were fellating all game...but Tyson's condition had an obvious effect on this team. JR seems like he's due for 2 or 3 dumb fouls a game and it's highly irritating.

Amare with 9 on 2/7. Totally despicable for a big man of his caliber and contract. At least we have Jeffries' versatility defensively...

Melo is a scorer. There's no way he performs poorly in game 2. But the fouling disparity can really take your head out the game. This is where i count on Tyson as a former champion and defensive stalwart to keep the team in focus. I feel like they abandoned fundamental basketball: if your shot isn't falling, go to the rim and put pressure on the defense as well as the refs to call fouls. Especially with a big lead, free throws chip away at it and slows down the game. Amare and Melo both are half court players, I don't know why they act like strangers. 

The rest of the team needs to step up. Woodson needs to adjust and be the bad guy to call out the refs and eat that fine. Just lay it all on the line. We got jerked badly today and our overall performance was loathsome. He has instilled pride in this team and I think we're going to make Game 2 a very competitive one. 

Watching this game was painful. If I was a nba player or coach, I'd probably lose ridiculous amounts of money in fines. I'd slander everyone more than JVG. We need to bounce back in game 2 tho. Melo won't struggle like again.

2 things keeping me optimistic at this moment after all the horribleness of this first day of the playoffs.

#1: Last year, Melo was garbage in Game 1 against the Celtics but then he came back much better in Game 2. I'm confident my dude will do the same on Monday.

#2: Woodson hasn't given up back to back losses since he became coach so I'm praying this isn't the time to start.

The injury bug has been ridiculous this year tho
alien.gif
Shump in the first game of the year, STAT sits out when his brother passes (not really an injury, but still) Melo strains his groin, Jorts breaks his wrist when he was finally getting into that NBA rhythm, Lin hurts his knee out of nowhere, Amar'e hurts his back out of nowhere, Jared hurts his knee, Tyson missed a few games with a bum knee and then gets the flu before the most important game of the year, and then Shump is about to miss 6-8 MONTHS with a torn ACL?
30t6p3b.gif
It's just not fair son...It's just..not...fair.....

Originally Posted by Luong1209

I can empathize with an ACL tear, wishing him and Rose a speedy recovery...

Word, I just tore mine exactly a month ago (March 28)... weird, and it was my left acl too.....

losing shump is a big blow, he's been great. I'm pulling for the knicks in the east (lakers fan), got fam in queens. and hate ++*%!!+# lebron.

win it for shump!

Usually I'm not one to heavily criticize refs for any game...but yesterday was blatantly obvious. Wow 
30t6p3b.gif
 You know its bad when Van Gundy even said it.

I always thought lebron was a great player but for some reason it hurt my soul to see him flop not once but multiple times in this game because he is the ONE player I feel like NEVER needs to do that type of foolishness and how could the ref buy into a 300 pound monster flopping and flailing like a fish out of water? At what point does the refs/stern say enough is enough? How long will they continue to allow players to insult the integrity of the game?

About the final score; even though it was only game 1, The final score of the game had me feeling like Jay-Z when Nas dropped ether.

Yeah that's the thing. I'm not saying we are better than Miami but I know we can hang with them even being the 8th seed. All those calls can take you out of a rhythm but they just have to fight through it, fair or unfair. At the end of the day you have to make the game fair for yourself and do everything they can to keep themselves in it.

Gonna be tough w/o Shump. Landry fields guarding Wade usually doesn't end well.

I know it's the 'NBA' and not basketball anymore, but when people start flopping and disgracing the game, that's when you should stay physical and remind them it's a physical game. I know Melo and Stat won't do it bc they're friends w/ LBJ and Wade. I know Tyson won't bc he wants to be a professional. But really, no one's going to say, if you're acting, this is a real foul? They're playing right into their game, and not showing any mental toughness or resiliency. If they're going to fall every time there's a loose ball or layup, then make sure they fell for a reason. Oakley, Mason, Camby, LJ rolling over in their graves. I've been watching less and less of the NBA (i don't call it basketball anymore, just NBA) every year even w/ the Knicks getting players finally bc I can't watch this $!@# half the time. It's a glorified free throw contest. Even saying saying 'soft euro ___' now is an insult to their league. European basketball is WAY harder than the NBA game now. That's how bad we've gotten.

Someone needs to send a message to lebron and the refs. A nice hard foul in the first quarter to remind the refs and lebron what a real foul looks and feels like.

Originally Posted by abutta13

Someone needs to send a message to lebron and the refs. A nice hard foul in the first quarter to remind the refs and lebron what a real foul looks and feels like.
yeah unfortunately that person would get a suspension....NBA is soft nowadays 
30t6p3b.gif

That quote about today's NBA being more about playing the victim instead of punishing your opponent hit it right on the head

Originally Posted by abutta13

Why? So Lebron can go on a 32-2 run again?
smh

Deadass send Gadzuric out there to decapitate Bron and Wade. Don't do nothing when the Heat players react and then just move on from there. Next game have Jordan do it.

Kind of wish we still had Skywalker on the team. He's definitely not afraid of Bron and he definitely wouldn't be afraid to goon it up either.

Calling to injure another team's players seems a little below us. I wouldnt do that or suggest it. 
I would advocate some good hard fouls though. 

We are going up against the league here man. Not just the heat.

I'm hoping melo and the rest of the squad are embarassed (which im sure they are) but its all about how you respond. Either they can give up and call the series a wrap or they can come out like a wounded animal. Alot of these fellas are kinda nervous . Outside of melo stat and tyson. They havent seen real playoff pressure like this. Going up against the supposed beast that miami is.

Shump is gonna be a hard loss. But we gotta send multiple people after wade. I think JR could fill a little bit of the void left by Iman. 

We gotta come out with a fire that even the refs cant sway the game like they did in this one.

Lets see though. 

Back
Top Bottom