let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Calling to injure another team's players seems a little below us. I wouldnt do that or suggest it. 
I would advocate some good hard fouls though. 
Exactly. You can hack LeBron across the arm when he goes up for a layup, push him when he's trying to post up, etc to send a message that the Knicks aren't gonna get punked on national tv, but taking a player out is on some next level stuff. Imagine if Melo was dropping 35 and then Joel Anthony shoved him while he was in mid-air and ends up injured. We would be going nuts and calling for Joel Anthony's head. The Knicks need to let their game do the talking.

If Wade and Bron are gonna drop 60, then Melo n Amar'e MUST also drop 60+...I'm confident that our role players+bench>Bosh+Miami Heat bench so if our 2 stars can match their 2 stars, then the Knicks will be in a great position to win a couple of games

Originally Posted by MrONegative

I feel like Mike Bibby looks.

laugh.gif

Allen is right....Melos shot wasn't falling but at least he was bounding...the other guys need to step up.

The game was full of bad nerves and lack of competition on our end. Bron was gonna get his regardless. This team represents NY, one of the most resilient cities in the world. They'll bounce back.

Landry Fields is going to have to step up. JR and Novak have the confidence to at least shoot when open.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Can we please hire Ewing as an assistant or Ewing jr as a 12th man

I can't take the curse anymore

laugh.gif

Franchise certainly earned all the bad karma with that move.

This isn't the 1990s.. the message a hard foul sends is our team is dirty and the refs will crack down even harder on ANY kind of foul. How often have you seen a game where there's flagrants or hard fouls.. then the refs let it continue? No, what happens is the refs send a message that any contact will be a foul to try to control the game.

This team has not shown the mental toughness to pull off something like that.

Has anyone on espn even mentioned the refs in their analysis of the game? I'm not surprised. They all seem to hate the Knicks. The only person I've seen comment on it was that one guy on msg which also isn't surprising. I guess no one wants a bad relationship with the league. The crowd when this series comes to the garden needs to be crazier than usual.

I wasn't talking injury, just hit them hard, even if it's a dirty play. "Decapitate" was obviously hyperbole. Just throw a few elbows in the paint word to world peace.

But as far as playing better and competing if you look at Gm1 stats we were even or better than MIA in just about every category. What killed us was turnovers. The game was a complete anomaly imo and should not happen again as long as the refs don't kill the Knicks momentum. I mean we got blown out in the 2nd quarter and never recovered, that's uncommon for this Knicks squad. MIA had less fast break points than us, that's uncommon of that squad. All you need to look at is turnovers and FTA to figure out the story of game 1 and why we loss.
Originally Posted by KenJi714

So Melo is 27 years old and fold under pressure when Lebron check him

A 27 years old Kobe would never let that happen

Melo will never lead any team to a championship
Trolling aside, is that what you really saw? Seriously answer that question. I won't bother to report you.

Melo stunk but really was just 1 part of many problems yesterday. Heat threw a different look at him fronting him every time down and no adjustments were made from the bench and he missed some shots he's been making. At least he rebounded. Plus LeBron is LeBron, if he's locked in - good luck - on either end of the floor.

I don't know what Kobe has to do with anything.

At this point I hope we really play with some fire tomorrow, need to redeem ourselves all around. Forget about the officiating and just play, everything falls into place as long as we play the way we know how.

Lin could return to Knicks in first round of playoffs

MIAMI — Linsanity may hit the first round.
Jeremy Lin, out nearly a month following left knee surgery, may return against the Heat after all, depending on how far the Knicks can extend the opening-round series after yesterday’s devastating 100-67 Game 1 loss.
With Iman Shumpert out six to eight months after tearing his left ACL and meniscus yesterday and Baron Davis’ back ailing, Lin’s rehab schedule is being stepped up, though there are no guarantees.
Lin went through intense 1-on-1 drills filled with cutting against assistant coach Kenny Atkinson before the game. The Knicks are now somewhat hopeful — if Lin feels well in the next few days — the second-year point-guard sensation could return if the first-round series is extended. That would beat the six-week timetable from his arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn meniscus.
Coach Mike Woodson and Lin recently have said not to expect Lin until the second round if the Knicks advance, and Lin had been concerned about coming back and hurting chemistry. But these are desperate times.
Davis played just 17:26 after a solid, 10-point first-quarter. His back didn’t feel right, and he elected to shut it down for the final 21 minutes, saying he couldn’t have returned.
“My back was stiff,’’ Davis said. “Going into halftime, it was just a lot of banging, a collision I think kind of put my back in shock. But I should be all right [for Game 2 tomorrow].
“It was extremely frustrating,’’ Davis added. “That’s all I was saying to the trainers. I was feeling good out there in the first quarter moving well. A lot of banging. I’ve got to play a little smarter.’’
Davis scored the Knicks’ first points on a 3-pointer, made a steal and fast-break dunk and soared down the lane for another dunk in the first quarter. J.R. Smith played some point guard in the second half.
* The Knicks have lost 11 straight playoff games dating to 2001. It’s the second-longest streak in NBA history. ... The last time the Knicks scored as few as 67 points was Game 2 of the 1999 Finals against the Spurs. ... The Knicks tied a franchise playoff high with 27 turnovers. It was their most playoff turnovers since 1991 against Bulls.
* Carmelo Anthony, who was 3-for-15, has shot under 30 percent in four of his past seven playoff games, a stat furnished by the Heat PR staff. ... Amar’e Stoudemire’s 2-of-7 afternoon was his fourth consecutive postseason game in which he shot under 29 percent. But last season against the Celtics he barely could move because of a back injury.
* The Heat were sad for Bulls star point guard Derrick Rose, who suffered a torn ACL yesterday, but their Finals chances just improved dramatically.
“It’s unfortunate the injury that’s happened for him and for that team, but I’m worried about the Knicks,

There's no good reason why I'm mad that Jordan Hill almost has a double-double right now. None.

And attaboy, Dolan.
Ride that donkey til it dies, like everything else you touch.

In light of the Rose injury, why in the blue hell would the Knicks try to bring Lin back now? Knicks FO acting like Lin is the second coming of Christ here. I mean, if he was a game-breaker who could singlehandedly will the team to victory over Miami, I could see rushing him back. But dude got handled by the Heat last time around and I just don't see the positives outweighing the negatives here.

i'd leave lin out for the rest of the season

just compete with what we got , let these guys get healthy and come back right . he realistically wont make a difference in this series. does anyone really see him coming back and being the X factor ?

Originally Posted by MrONegative

There's no good reason why I'm mad that Jordan Hill almost has a double-double right now. None.

And attaboy, Dolan.
Ride that donkey til it dies, like everything else you touch.

I completely forgot about Jordan Hill until I saw him have that game with LA when they beat OKC in OT
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah no need to have Lin return..We're already losing Shump for possibly the first few weeks of the season. The last thing we need is no Lin or Shump the first 15-20 games of the year and end up starting off poorly like we did this year. The entire roster needs to be 100% healthy once the season begins so the team can start the season with a good record for once

Back
Top Bottom