let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Shocking how Toney Douglas isn't on that list. Son is useless. We don't need players that can get that cold and be hot sporadically.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder...errr...leak out hate.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio

This dude Amare has no HEART! He just let the Heat get the best of him.

This dude is a $100 mill man and can't even put up 15 points and 8 rebounds. Our problems just wont go away with a training camp or a full season together without lock out. It has to start with Amare and figuring out where he belongs on offense for this team. I still don't think Woodson is holding Amare accountable. Dude continues to make mistakes and still sees the floor.
It hurts to say all this too, because last year I loved the guy. I bought his jersey and repped him hard for this team. It seems like as soon as his back went out last year his heart followed along with it. Yeah, I can understand dude went through a lot, but he's a professional athlete. He's not the only person who goes through %@#%. You gotta roll with the punches and learn how to channel all the negative energy and turn it into the positive energy onto the basketball court
30t6p3b.gif
Good post.  I think the only way you let Lin go is if you can package him in some trade with the $100 million man.  I don't know, that might come back to bite us bad in the long term, but then again 3 years is still a descent amount of time with a rotting tree standing in the middle.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by irie

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
amarejerk_medium.gif
[/font]
[/font]

[/font]

laugh.gif

[/font]
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Oh how did I miss this? I remember seeing it but I thought he picked him up. Must be cuz I watched on MSG
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

Time to start creating a list of players I want us to draft, even though we don't have a first round pick. Hopefully we can buy one off of a team. We need to revamp a bit further if we want to get anywhere.
We Don't have a First Round Draft Pick?
Wow..

THIS IS WHYAT TIMES I HATE THIS TEAM SO PASSIONATELY 

How can we re-build and construct a team when we trade all of our draft picks all the damn time? Dolan look at the Spurs you fool!!
Man this team aint rebuilding and never would admit to it if they were. It's crazy to me how Dolan and back when Isaiah was running things would be so flippant with trading 1st round picks when they did make good picks with the ones they had left.

Don't know how you surprised, every season I assume we have no 1st round picks.

You guys don't know the levels of disgust i have for Lamdry Fields. I hate everything about his game. Literally everything. He's a terrible guy, especially for him being a 4 year guy in college. His handle is suspect, his J is flat and unreliable, his only asset at the 2/3 is rebounding....he had numerous TOs that almost made me blow a gasket tonight. The guy is trash.

Part of me doesn't like putting all our eggs in one basket re: Lin, but the market sucks and our cap is basically crippled again. Lin has glaring homes in his game as a PG and he seems to either not be willing to get Melo involved or scared. We need floor balance badly.....

Part of me would like to see Felton back in NY. Get him in shape and he's already familiar with Amare.

Amare needs to sit down with Melo and figure out how they're gonnawork out. They had a couple of games where both of them got theirs. And contrary to popular opinion, I do think Melo wants to make his teammates better, it's just they're not rising to the occasion. So if they're not scoring, who else will? People talk about Woodson is an iso coach and all, which is true, but when your 100 million man isnt even demanding the ball or setting himself up to score, what do you expect?

I miss Donnie Waslh. Class act and a very shrewd BBall genius. He could finagle something this offseason.

There are holes in Lin's game, but let's keep in mind how young he is and how he adjusted over that short period of time to what teams threw at him.

He has a very high bball IQ (the turnovers are a problem, but I think that's a matter of him losing focus since they seem to come in bunches). I'm tired of the revolving door at the 1. We have something in Lin. I want to try to see what it is instead of just ditching it for the next guy.

Good season guys.  Too many ups and downs. 

Best highlight of the season for has to be LINsanity. 

I think it is pretty obvious that Melo and Stoudemire don't play that well together. If I were the Knicks I would trade Stoudemire and lin to Phila for Iguodala and Collison and play Melo at the 4. Melo seems a lot more affective at 4 without Stoudemire crowding the paint and Iguodala is a great second option who does everything well but doesnt exceed at anything and he is a great defender. With Chandler, Shumpert and Iguodala the Knicks could possibly have 3 first team defenders in there starting 5. Also, If Melo comes to camp in shape and drop about 25 lbs, I could easily see him averaging 30 and winning the scoring title next year.

I mean that. It's not the 'next year' like before. We actually have our core now. Before it was false hope. I honestly think we have a team that can grow together.

Hopefully we resign Woodson and keep most of this team together. We need to keep a group of guys together and allow them to grow. I think we have a solid enough group now. Maybe we add a few pieces here and there, but I do think we'll get better.

What we have to do is be better in the regular season and get a higher seed to avoid going up against on juggernaut in the first round.

The thing with Lin is...I don't think the TO's will ever improve.

He has heart but he was overlooked all of those years for a reason.

He's not a great dribbler, that causes most of his TO's and I have never seen anyone significantly improve that as an NBA starter.

basketball is over as far is I'm concerned this season. Just gonna watch the finals. Can't lie this year was fun and really looking forward to the next.

When it's all said n done the best memories of this year for me came when stat and melo weren't playing smh how sad is that. That game against the lakers at the garden
smile.gif

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

The thing with Lin is...I don't think the TO's will ever improve.

He has heart but he was overlooked all of those years for a reason.

He's not a great dribbler, that causes most of his TO's and I have never seen anyone significantly improve that as an NBA starter.

Exactly. He picks up his dribble In the midrange and the defense traps him and harrasses him into TOs when he tries to pass out. His ball handling is a severe deficiency in his game as a PG.I do think HTTB is right. This team can win 50+ games next season, but someone needs to get Melo and Amare to play together. Worse comes to worse, Amare will be the one who needs to adjust...because Melo is the main scorer and gets any shot he wants. FYI, Amares not going anywhere. His contract is an albatross and is uninsurable.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

When it's all said n done the best memories of this year for me came when stat and melo weren't playing smh how sad is that. That game against the lakers at the garden
smile.gif

Linsanity, especially the game winner against Toronto was crazy but this took the cake for me....
anthony-7.jpg

one more thing after this off season our bench is gonna suck big time. We don't have very much cap room so I'm very interested on who we are gonna pick up

Originally Posted by kevi

one more thing after this off season our bench is gonna suck big time. We don't have very much cap room so I'm very interested on who we are gonna pick up
We were handcuffed this past offseason and Grunwald managed to make something out of nothing. Hopefully he can do the same this coming offseason.

Back
Top Bottom